Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

1 hour ago, Benm said:

are you going to start overusing ok karen now the same way you've driven ok boomer into the ground? people killed that meme way too fast for its potential.

covid related - country junction just forced my wife to get a temp check before entering.

The temp check is the new normal.  Is country junction even considered essential?

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The temp check is the new normal.  Is country junction even considered essential?

it's a tourist trap but yeah, they really do have almost everything you could imagine (the only thing that comes to mind is that they dont have deli).

tons of food. they also have an Ace hardware inside of it, so that essential component is there also.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Schif said:

Which Country Junction are you guys talking about? I thought most turned into just furniture stores? 

209 in lehighton. they did just double the already massive footprint and added an ashley furniture (among other changes to the inside including a huge gameroom).

48 minutes ago, Benm said:

it's a tourist trap but yeah, they really do have almost everything you could imagine (the only thing that comes to mind is that they dont have deli).

tons of food. they also have an Ace hardware inside of it, so that essential component is there also.

I’ve never been. I know it burned down years ago and the owners sold an amazing house near Blue about a year ago.  

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

746 new case reported in PA today.

Still pretty bad...a friend of a friend works in a dermatologist office and the boss isn’t providing the proper PPE and only one mask per day per employee.  Well now the two girls in the office got it.  We’ll be dealing with this for at least the rest of the year.  

10 hours ago, momskeeztoo said:

Are dermatologists considered essential? 

And yet my dentist is closed. I don't understand the kind of cherry picking that's going on with open and closed medical services. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Schif said:

And yet my dentist is closed. I don't understand the kind of cherry picking that's going on with open and closed medical services. 

Originally a lot of that decision was because of the nature of their work and how this virus is spread. Working in the mouths of people all day is a lot more likely to spread COVID than working on someone's foot, etc. They are open for emergency services, though. At least mine is. At this point I can't see why they wouldn't be able to open soon with other services starting to open back up.

15 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Originally a lot of that decision was because of the nature of their work and how this virus is spread. Working in the mouths of people all day is a lot more likely to spread COVID than working on someone's foot, etc. They are open for emergency services, though. At least mine is. At this point I can't see why they wouldn't be able to open soon with other services starting to open back up.

Thanks for the awesome information. That makes a lot of sense. I was able to get in for an emergency appointment, but all my other ones are just pending at this point. Makes sense though. 

6 minutes ago, Schif said:

Thanks for the awesome information. That makes a lot of sense. I was able to get in for an emergency appointment, but all my other ones are just pending at this point. Makes sense though. 

Just what my dentist told me, so I don't know all the truth behind it but I feel like of all people he would know. I just talked to him yesterday since he called to cancel my cleaning for next Friday. I'll miss the feeling of perfectly clean teeth after that appointment, but I look forward to it again when he's able to open for prophylactic services in the future. Hopefully near future.