Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

2 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Its still two weeks away so with the current trajectory of data it seems reasonable.

So we're making decisions hypothetically at this point? Doesn't sound like the original song and dance. 

1 minute ago, Benm said:

So we're making decisions hypothetically at this point? Doesn't sound like the original song and dance. 

No, its still data driven and not set in stone. From what I've heard it seems that if there is a significant bump in cases it will be held for those counties. But as of right now, based on the current trends, those counties will be ready to open. 

Its the same thing leaders have done at the start of this. Drag people a long bit by bit. If Donald and governors would have said "we will need aggressive social distancing for 2+ months" people would have blew their load. Every two weeks it was extended and over the last few weeks things have been opening up or whatever that means.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

No, its still data driven and not set in stone. From what I've heard it seems that if there is a significant bump in cases it will be held for those counties. But as of right now, based on the current trends, those counties will be ready to open. 

Its the same thing leaders have done at the start of this. Drag people a long bit by bit. If Donald and governors would have said "we will need aggressive social distancing for 2+ months" people would have blew their load. Every two weeks it was extended and over the last few weeks things have been opening up or whatever that means.

ok, that makes a little more sense (if bump, things may change).

i guess i could have better phrased it as: originally we had concrete rules, now it's a little more relaxed, i wonder why.

of course, i got a work call at 3:58 and couldn't get to it/edit in time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Benm said:

ok, that makes a little more sense (if bump, things may change).

i guess i could have better phrased it as: originally we had concrete rules, now it's a little more relaxed, i wonder why.

of course, i got a work call at 3:58 and couldn't get to it/edit in time.

From what they reported during the press conference with the case rate, numbers have been decreasing across the state including those that had moved to yellow earlier. Hopefully that will continue in the counties that are moving to yellow now, who have had more cases to begin with. Regardless I think it is promising to see this in our state compared to states where cases are continuing to rise. Maybe we will be able to have meat parties in the lower lot next winter...

6 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

Would you actually think about what we are trying to accomplish? Fuks sake people are fuckin idiots

Maybe try to form a coherent sentence to present your case.  I think Apple and Google have done a decent job at doing their best to accomplish the goal without compromising individual privacy, but nothing is fool proof. It's a serious concern and needs to be at the forefront of these types of technical solutions.   

• Love 1

Maybe try to form a coherent sentence to present your case.  I think Apple and Google have done a decent job at doing their best to accomplish the goal without compromising individual privacy, but nothing is fool proof. It's a serious concern and needs to be at the forefront of these types of technical solutions.   

BS. I don’t have to reinvent the wheel for a classic epi management technique to mitigate disease spread. Read. Learn.

1 minute ago, tarponhead said:

BS. I don’t have to reinvent the wheel for a classic epi management technique to mitigate disease spread. Read. Learn.

Personal data protection/privacy is a very serious topic and will be a serious topic long after this pandemic.  It's not something you should just brush aside.  There are ways to achieve contract tracing and privacy but don't call people idiots for caring about their privacy.  Your privacy is a lot more permanent than this pandemic.

Personal data protection/privacy is a very serious topic and will be a serious topic long after this pandemic.  It's not something you should just brush aside.  There are ways to achieve contract tracing and privacy but don't call people idiots for caring about their privacy.  Your privacy is a lot more permanent than this pandemic.

“There are ways to achieve contact tracing and privacy” . Yes it’s people walking up to you and asking who you where with. Lots and lots of people doing this. What’s your problem with this time proven mitigation?