Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

2 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

To quote Iggy Azalea. "First things first I'm the realist"

Second it's called being positive. You should try it sometime.

I’m not gonna be positive about something I don’t believe in.  We’re still in the beginning of this folks...even Dr. Fauci was like don’t wear a mask...wear a mask...we need to stay shut down...we need to open back up...Tarponhead would still spread his cheeks for him lol

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

I’m not gonna be positive about something I don’t believe in.  We’re still in the beginning of this folks...even Dr. Fauci was like don’t wear a mask...wear a mask...we need to stay shut down...we need to open back up...Tarponhead would still spread his cheeks for him lol

Breathe. Did I say it was over? All i said was I'm predicting a low number today. Thats it; and I'm thinking that based on what Toast said above. Not to mention NY and NJ coming down, in my opinion, should mean good things for Pennsylvania. No one declared the pandemic being over.

Also, to address the crux of your comment...If I think conditions at blue suck or if I think they're epic (which they never are) that's my opinion. It doesn't mean I'm not a realist; it means it's my opinion.

23 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Breathe. Did I say it was over? All i said was I'm predicting a low number today. Thats it; and I'm thinking that based on what Toast said above. Not to mention NY and NJ coming down, in my opinion, should mean good things for Pennsylvania. No one declared the pandemic being over.

Also, to address the crux of your comment...If I think conditions at blue suck or if I think they're epic (which they never are) that's my opinion. It doesn't mean I'm not a realist; it means it's my opinion.

I’m glad you see things through rose colored lenses...I’m actually pretty happy...business is good, I haven’t gotten any fatter, no work tomorrow....:I’m just hoping the second, third, fourth and fifth waves don’t mess up the next ski season to much but we have six months. 

I hope tarponhead knows I’m only kidding🥖🥖🥖🥖🥖🥖

I’m glad you see things through rose colored lenses...I’m actually pretty happy...business is good, I haven’t gotten any fatter, no work tomorrow....:I’m just hoping the second, third, fourth and fifth waves don’t mess up the next ski season to much but we have six months. 

I hope tarponhead knows I’m only kidding[emoji1643][emoji1643][emoji1643][emoji1643][emoji1643][emoji1643]

Well we're on the same then and I'm happy that you're happy. It's important that we find things to be happy about during these crazy times. Also 730 today so I was way off.

9 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Well we're on the same then and I'm happy that you're happy. It's important that we find things to be happy about during these crazy times. Also 730 today so I was way off.

Well we’ve flattened the curve that’s what matters and our next lockdown we’ll do the same through a combination of mask wearing and social distancing.  Great job people!!!

16 hours ago, RootDKJ said:

Only 443 in dirty jersey today 👍🏻

1065 new cases in NJ ...that’s really not that bad comparatively less than a 1% increase.  The stay at home for NJ has worked as well as in PA at flattening the curve and keeping hospitals from becoming overwhelmed   

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/05/nj-coronavirus-deaths-increase-to-11133-with-154154-total-cases-hospitalizations-drop-to-7-week-low.html%3foutputType=amp

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Other states not doing so grate 879 new for Florida..Maryland 839 new. Virginia 1483 new..NC 692 new..Minnesota 742..Iowa 300 new.   While Iowa’s number is less than PA they have 22% of our population. 

At this point it seems most people are just whatever happens, happens. There's no way people are going to tolerate a second lockdown, let alone for a year or several years until some vaccine comes out.

48 minutes ago, saltyant said:

At this point it seems most people are just whatever happens, happens. There's no way people are going to tolerate a second lockdown, let alone for a year or several years until some vaccine comes out.

They won’t tolerate but when the second wave hits I bet PA goes into a lockdown again...Governor wolf is super strict.  @saltyant does your work have a timetable when your work from home will end??

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yes they would if it meant unemployment and lack of social life.  The bars are plenty crowded during the winter. 

I'm cool with not having to go to social/fam engagements over the holidays. Let it roll. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I've been to more places over the past 48 hours since getting back from CO mid March including 2 trips to Rita's, Lowe's, Firestone, Ironton Trail, Burger King and Giant. I would of thought going to Rita's a month ago was crazy. Masked everywhere of course. Definitely letting the guard down a little.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

I've been to more places over the past 48 hours since getting back from CO mid March including 2 trips to Rita's, Lowe's, Firestone, Ironton Trail, Burger King and Giant. I would of thought going to Rita's a month ago was crazy. Masked everywhere of course. Definitely letting the guard down a little.

Aren’t masks required everywhere.  I’ve gone somewhere almost everyday of this but only have hungout with one friend and we didn’t even embrace.