Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

31 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Yeah but not everyone is wearing them. Most people are but I saw a few people at Rita's maskless.

I wear mask when doing drive thru or curbside out of respect.  Here’s one thing my friends kid had a lemonade stand..that to me a little much now..I still haven’t had Rita’s yet this year.  I worked at Rita’s in 1995...made $4.25 an hour. My favorite flavor is strawberry...back ups if they don’t have strawberry..Swedish fish, cherry, Florida orange. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

I wear mask when doing drive thru or curbside out of respect.  Here’s one thing my friends kid had a lemonade stand..that to me a little much now..I still haven’t had Rita’s yet this year.  I worked at Rita’s in 1995...made $4.25 an hour. My favorite flavor is strawberry...back ups if they don’t have strawberry..Swedish fish, cherry, Florida orange. 

Chocolate or chocolate brownie cream ice. If no chocolate then pina colada or the watermelon with chocolate chips in it. Preferably with a soft pretzel although finding a Rita's that sells soft pretzels outside of Philadelphia is tough.

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

Chocolate or chocolate brownie cream ice. If no chocolate then pina colada or the watermelon with chocolate chips in it. Preferably with a soft pretzel although finding a Rita's that sells soft pretzels outside of Philadelphia is tough.

Soft pretzels are good with water ice.  The local Rita’s don’t have them.  When I worked at Rita’s they did have them.  

6 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

451 new cases in PA. Low. Curious what data tomorrow will look like because of the 3 day weekend delay of results. 

If the numbers don't start skyrocketing again soon, then it can only be that warm weather is having some sort of affect.  

Large gatherings were on and crackin' in my neighborhood and everywhere I looked over the weekend.  

9 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

If the numbers don't start skyrocketing again soon, then it can only be that warm weather is having some sort of affect.  

Large gatherings were on and crackin' in my neighborhood and everywhere I looked over the weekend.  

Gatherings of family or friends in backyards might not lead to a big spike though. If groups are kept small and the people at the parties just go home afterwards the transmission will still be somewhat contained. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

I think warm weather is having an impact on is the ease of gathering in larger groups without being close. I feel a lot more comfortable sitting around a fire pit with a few people who I know have been cautious than inside or at a bar.

• Like 3

Regardless, this has been a good trend for PA and it appears that early intervention and restrictions have definitely had a positive impact while many states continue to see a rise in numbers. Can't wait for the pre-season party with you all! 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

If warm weather has an affect why are cases skyrocketing in Mexico, Brazil and Florida...the stay at home did work to flatten the curve.  The WHO world health organization said we are in the first wave still and will likely see a second peak as restrictions ease. Nationwide new cases are pretty flat at about 25,000-30,000 daily 

26 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

The most annoying thing about this pandemic is that virtue signaling is at an all time high.  

The person not wearing a mask should be shamed.  If I have to wear a mask she should.  I haven’t seen a single person without a mask in a store since the rule went into affect a month ago. 

33 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Regardless, this has been a good trend for PA and it appears that early intervention and restrictions have definitely had a positive impact while many states continue to see a rise in numbers. Can't wait for the pre-season party with you all! 

don't forget about blue's postponed season passholder party. 

25 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The person not wearing a mask should be shamed.  If I have to wear a mask she should.  I haven’t seen a single person without a mask in a store since the rule went into affect a month ago. 

I think they should wear a mask, but to shame people is super annoying to me.  

My wife saw a situation at the grocery store where a guy refused to wear a mask and they tried to stop him from coming in and it was a huge scene.  Ultimately no one did shit though.  

33 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

I think warm weather is having an impact on is the ease of gathering in larger groups without being close. I feel a lot more comfortable sitting around a fire pit with a few people who I know have been cautious than inside or at a bar.

Likely this, and people generally being a little more cautious with what they go touch, etc.  It was really nice to get out Saturday on the quad with a few friends.....easy to keep distance from everybody, and do something "normal".  I'm still not interested in going in someones house for dinner or a party though.  lets see how things shake out here over the next little while.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

I think they should wear a mask, but to shame people is super annoying to me.  

My wife saw a situation at the grocery store where a guy refused to wear a mask and they tried to stop him from coming in and it was a huge scene.  Ultimately no one did shit though.  

It’s like the no shirt no shoes no service thing.  

• Like 1

Just now, RidgeRacer said:

It's still good news negative Nelly.

None of us even live in those counties lol. Had some customers milking around outside..waited until they were a ways away then said I left a brochure and business card for you...new normal.  

I did save $9 on my bourbon order due to Memorial day sale..nine dolla make you holler.  

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

None of us even live in those counties lol. Had some customers milking around outside..waited until they were a ways away then said I left a brochure and business card for you...new normal.  

I did save $9 on my bourbon order due to Memorial day sale..nine dolla make you holler.  

JFC how much are you drinking? Didn't you just buy two bottles?