Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

16 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

3.5 hours is insane.

It is. Fortunately 3 hrs of it was seated on a train doing whatever I wanted on a phone and I usually went in only 4x a week.

Even more fortunate I am unlikely to do it again. 

It does pay about 65% more than the prior job I had 20 min away.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

It is. Fortunately 3 hrs of it was seated on a train doing whatever I wanted on a phone and I usually went in only 4x a week.

Even more fortunate I am unlikely to do it again. 

It does pay about 65% more than the prior job I had 20 min away.

Will there be times when you do have to go in? Working from home in your situation now is like being given the gift of time. Much better gift than Frontier miles.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Will there be times when you do have to go in? Working from home in your situation now is like being given the gift of time. Much better gift than Frontier miles.

Can't say what the future holds in that regard. But yes I am delighted to be wfh

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

@Ski2Live Live2Ski What are you gonna do with your extra 728 hours or 30.33 days per year? You should use that time to write some more catchy tunes fa la la @GrilledSteezeSandwich

I am on quite a roll actually. I wrote a song in Feb, 2 in April and 2 in May.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

8 minutes ago, Schif said:

So with outdoor seating opening soon, how many of you guys will actually use it? 

Eventually I will but for right now it doesn’t appeal to me that much...I’m really starting to miss going to bars and singing karaoke but that sort of thing probably won’t be back until the end of the year. Just think about all the people who use the same microphone. 

16 minutes ago, Schif said:

So with outdoor seating opening soon, how many of you guys will actually use it? 

Not for a while. It’s going to be packed when outdoor seating opens because it will be limited. Next we’ll see pictures of crowded waiting areas. 

38 minutes ago, Schif said:

I will after a week or so. There’s also been talk about shutting down the Main Street through town and allowing restaurants and bars to set up seating on the sidewalks and street during certain times (likely 4-8pm) so that could be cool to check out.  

5 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I will after a week or so. There’s also been talk about shutting down the Main Street through town and allowing restaurants and bars to set up seating on the sidewalks and street during certain times (likely 4-8pm) so that could be cool to check out.  

Towns around here are discussing that as well. I think that would be a great way to expand seating for places that used to just have a few cafe table on sidewalks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Eventually I will but for right now it doesn’t appeal to me that much...I’m really starting to miss going to bars and singing karaoke but that sort of thing probably won’t be back until the end of the year. Just think about all the people who use the same microphone. 

Our practices are BYO Mic

• Like 1

8 hours ago, toast21602 said:

Towns around here are discussing that as well. I think that would be a great way to expand seating for places that used to just have a few cafe table on sidewalks.

I think it is as well. The only issue I have with it, which is minuscule at best, is that I live right where it would be happening and I don’t want my front stairs or garden wall becoming a “bench” of sorts for those who don’t have a table (if they allow anything beyond table service). It already happens with the ice cream place being open. Actually had a lady and her kids sitting on my front steps yesterday eating ice cream complain that my dog was barking at them.