Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

16 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Saw that coming, but glad it will still be held so it can rain in turn 2 while the rest of the track stays dry, like always. 

Is Pocono the biggest track, in terms of pure area that it covers, in Nascar?

Just now, Schif said:

I don't think so. It is 2.5 miles (I think) but I know Talladega is the biggest. Not sure about the road courses, though. I'm not a huge Nascar follower but @Benm would probably know. 

5 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

I don't think so. It is 2.5 miles (I think) but I know Talladega is the biggest. Not sure about the road courses, though. I'm not a huge Nascar follower but @Benm would probably know. 

Looks like Pocono is 2.5 and Talladega is 2.66. That extra 855 feet probably makes a big difference. 

Also, aside from the fact that the banked turns might be a little tricky, why hasn't the race track hosted a 5k? A little over one lap and you've got it. 

I have been to a few races and while I'll admit I find the actual racing to be somewhat boring, everything else that goes into Nascar is incredibly fascinating to me. 

Edited by Schif

I have a hood from a Levi Garrett car of legendary driver Geoffrey Bodine. My dad got it in the 90s, probably at Poke N Hoe. He and his friend would use fake press passes and put TV station stickers on their camcorders to get access to anywhere on the track. Nowadays with technology that's probably impossible.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Jersey opening up quite a bit more starting mid June. Now over 20k tests /day ((2nd in country per capita). Murphy said in briefing today he wants all peeps tested. Not just frontline or only for symptoms/exposure. Big big help in getting businesses open. Test sites in CVS etc

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Schif said:

Its one of the biggest, but not the biggest. I do think it has the longest front stretch of any track since it is a triangle. 
aside from being in the infield, going to watch the race from the grandstands can be sort of lackluster since it is so big. Kinda watch the cars go by, then wait a minute for them to come by again. Pocono is ok, its kinda like Blue. Mostly it revolves around tailgating. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tarponhead said:

Jersey opening up quite a bit more starting mid June. Now over 20k tests /day ((2nd in country per capita). Murphy said in briefing today he wants all peeps tested. Not just frontline or only for symptoms/exposure. Big big help in getting businesses open. Test sites in CVS etc

Would you be willing to take a test if no symptoms?

Its one of the biggest, but not the biggest. I do think it has the longest front stretch of any track since it is a triangle. 
aside from being in the infield, going to watch the race from the grandstands can be sort of lackluster since it is so big. Kinda watch the cars go by, then wait a minute for them to come by again. Pocono is ok, its kinda like Blue. Mostly it revolves around tailgating. 

Apparently at the graduation, the diplomas are going to be handed out on victory lane...isn't that where the drivers do donuts after they win?

1 minute ago, RidgeRacer said:

Apparently at the graduation, the diplomas are going to be handed out on victory lane...isn't that where the drivers do donuts after they win?

They do donuts in the track, then drive to victory lane. Its pretty fitting diplomas are being handed out there.