Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

4 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

Totally not appropriate but I’m lmao. How much weirder can 2020 get?

“Coronavirus: Monkeys 'escape with COVID-19 samples' after attacking lab assistant”

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-monkeys-escape-with-covid-19-samples-after-attacking-lab-assistant-11996752

I laughed as well.  Just the visual image of that sounds funny 

29 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Apparently at the graduation, the diplomas are going to be handed out on victory lane...isn't that where the drivers do donuts after they win?

Fyi- there is a crisp $5 bill graduation gift for video of you and or your daughter doing donuts on the track. You will want to video this and do it at the start/finish line. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

“Coronavirus: Monkeys 'escape with COVID-19 samples' after attacking lab assistant”

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-monkeys-escape-with-covid-19-samples-after-attacking-lab-assistant-11996752

I saw that..they’re just monkeying around...

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, tarponhead said:

They're just trying to develop antibodies for themselves.

• Like 1

Fyi- there is a crisp $5 bill graduation gift for video of you and or your daughter doing donuts on the track. You will want to video this and do it at the start/finish line. 

Haha. Dont want to do anything too stupid since they're broadcasting the thing on TV. just trying to get around the entire 2.5 mile track if I can somehow swing that. My daughter is driving separate and parked somewhere else so I'm thinking I roll in and I'm all like "shit where do I park...maybe it's down here"...then 3 turns and 2.5 miles later I finally find the parking area. In all seriousness, not sure I want to embarrass her too badly on her graduation...if it were up to me the TV broadcast people would be like "why is there a dumbass parked in the pit area pretending to put air in his tires really quickly".
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Haha. Dont want to do anything too stupid since they're broadcasting the thing on TV. just trying to get around the entire 2.5 mile track if I can somehow swing that. My daughter is driving separate and parked somewhere else so I'm thinking I roll in and I'm all like "shit where do I park...maybe it's down here"...then 3 turns and 2.5 miles later I finally find the parking area. In all seriousness, not sure I want to embarrass her too badly on her graduation...if it were up to me the TV broadcast people would be like "why is there a dumbass parked in the pit area pretending to put air in his tires really quickly".

I find I miss embarrassing my son in those ways.

Isn't that a parent's job?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, indiggio said:

I find I miss embarrassing my son in those ways.

Isn't that a parent's job?

True but I like to do my trolling on a more micro level. I learned from my Dad who did it best when I was a teenager. He wouldn't put the cool shit that he listened to on when I had friends or a girl in the car (CCR, the Beatles etc.). He'd opt for Italian opera shit or something like that. At the time it bothered me especially as my friends laughed but, looking back, I appreciate his methods and thank him for it as he taught me the ways.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I wonder if any of these people at the Philly protests have Covid-19??  I’m surprised the police don’t break this up I thought no large gatherings are allowed. 

07CA498C-7BB5-40DE-95DB-804ECF42FA93.png

They don’t have enough knees for all those necks. 

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

They don’t have enough knees for all those necks. 

I really hope the allentown protests are peaceful. It’s taking place down in the Hamilton district where a fair amount of affluent folks live and also some newish businesses that aren’t currently operating. Tacos y tequila has margaritas to go if you want something to sip on while chanting,”black lives matter”

19 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

This one is good!!

I'm skeptical of having to take a rushed vaccine. Doesn't it take years, not months, to test all the potential side effects? I don't take the flu vaccine and don't get the flu very often despite being around the general public all the time. Yeah yeah, COVID is x% more lethal than the flu...

Edited by saltyant

25 minutes ago, Kyle said:

It’ll be interesting to see what happens to the numbers after all of these protests settle down. 

Definitely a great test to the whole system. Let's see how it plays out

16 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I'm skeptical of having to take a rushed vaccine. Doesn't it take years, not months, to test all the potential side effects? I don't take the flu vaccine and don't get the flu very often despite being around the general public all the time. Yeah yeah, COVID is x% more lethal than the flu...

Luckily we have facebook memes to give us the truth about everything. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

52 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I doubt we’ll have a vaccine by the end of the year.  To get 8 billion doses will take a long time and some will have adverse affects from the vaccine and get sick and die. Imagine the people who they are testing the vaccine...serious risk takers like those who donate a kidney. 

• Thanks 1