Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

Also, it'll be interesting to see how Hazleton Area enforces the 6 foot distancing between desks, since the schools were already overcrowded to begin with. Teaching outside I guess? That would be awesome until winter. Or more video chat teaching I suppose.

14 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

I agree with you, those are the only parts of school that don't suck! 

I also think it's dumb that they didn't postpone school, consider the quarantine to be their summer break and have them go back in and finish over the summer.  God forbid the teachers don't get to go to the Jersey shore all summer!  

One problem with that is a lot of these school don't have AC and it gets fucking hot in these cinder block schools, especially in the city. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

537 today

A full 2% of the population of the city of allentown has tested positive for Covid-19. 

I had a customer on the phone who volunteered at the polls up in Neffs by Slatington and she said only one poll worker wore a mask.  She said masks contribute to deaths because it cuts off oxygen supply.  

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Also, it'll be interesting to see how Hazleton Area enforces the 6 foot distancing between desks, since the schools were already overcrowded to begin with. Teaching outside I guess? That would be awesome until winter. Or more video chat teaching I suppose.

I also heard it will be up to individual school districts.  

17 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

One problem with that is a lot of these school don't have AC and it gets fucking hot in these cinder block schools, especially in the city. 

HTFU snowflakes!

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

A full 2% of the population of the city of allentown has tested positive for Covid-19. 

I had a customer on the phone who volunteered at the polls up in Neffs by Slatington and she said only one poll worker wore a mask.  She said masks contribute to deaths because it cuts off oxygen supply.  

People are fucking stupid.

• Like 1

i get that graduation, prom and senior trip is a big deal, but please dont forget that for some seniors a few decades ago their trip was to Korea, or some other lovely place, that wasnt a beach just like Wildwood.  .  Like i said, things could be way worse.  

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

i get that graduation, prom and senior trip is a big deal, but please dont forget that for some seniors a few decades ago their trip was to Korea, or some other lovely place, that wasnt a beach just like Wildwood.  .  Like i said, things could be way worse.  

Well put.

21 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

How much do you pay in property tax?

Virtually zero since I rent. No clue what the schools are like in Malvern. But Hazleton's school district population is 10,900. The busses were always full when I was in school. Now they're halving capacity since 1 student per seat, so I guess double the fleet of busses? But like Steeze said, maybe it's up to each district. 

Edited by saltyant

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Well put.

Virtually zero since I rent. No clue what the schools are like in Malvern. But Hazleton's school district population is 10,900. The busses were always full when I was in school. Now they're halving capacity since 1 student per seat, so I guess double the fleet of buses? But like Steeze said, maybe it's up to each district. 

I heard they are picking up students with drones. 

• Confused 2

31 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Everybody must have FOMO..the protest and march in Allentown is much smaller. Don’t these people have work Bahahaha 

You should have put down stickers 6 feet apart and told them to stand on them.

• Thanks 1