Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

I'm in North Carolina and it's amazing. There were Colorox Wipes on the shelves this morning. I could start an illegal Colorox Wipes trade across state lines.

jk. But. I will be bringing a few home. 

Businesses aren't boarded up. Got a pedicure for the first time in 3 months. It's a magical place. Life is good. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, skiincy said:

I'm in North Carolina and it's amazing.

Businesses aren't boarded up. Got a pedicure for the first time in 3 months. It's a magical place. Life is good. 

Wow, so the virus only stays within the borders of certain states like PA. 🤣

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, saltyant said:

I am calm! It's unbelievable how things are so different in some other states...

Good old population density and demographics. 

For as connected we are and we are so tuned into National issues it's kind of easy to forget that we are essentially 50 different countries all tied together under one system. Of course there are similarities across the nation, but it's absolutely insane that we have as many different regions, climates, terrain, people, cultures and resources as we do. 

• Like 2

Wow Covid-19 cases being undercounted...I know from speaking with numerous funeral directors and cemeteries that Covid deaths are way way more than reported...at least in NJ, Philly and the Lehigh Valley

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/06/09/health/us-coronavirus-tuesday/index.html

36 minutes ago, saltyant said:

It's unbelievable how things are so different in some other states...

seriously so different. Very few things out of stock about an hour outside of Raleigh. 

In Philly, there are billboards and radio commercials about "tough times", "we'll get through this" and thanking employees for their service. The grocery stores have messages about the check out lines and path in the stores. Instead, that language isn't as prominent here. There are still people wearing masks and social distancing practice in stores, takeout, etc. but it's likely because it's not as dense here. And because of it, it doesn't feel nearly as a dystopia environment. 

Quite a sharp contrast of the boarded up businesses in Philly. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I haven’t noticed things out of stock here since very early in the pandemic.  The NC governor is still stricter than some other states.  I believe they are trying to move the Republican convention to a place like Florida from NC

visit philly .. you'll find things out of stock or low supply, especially meat and household cleaning items. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I haven’t noticed things out of stock here since very early in the pandemic.  The NC governor is still stricter than some other states.  I believe they are trying to move the Republican convention to a place like Florida from NC

The Giant i get my groceries from is always coming up with things out of stock, however it is the worlds smallest Giant.  (lol).  Mostly frozen vegetables which is disappointing to me.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Over 1,000 new daily cases in Florida again.   Universal studios reopened the other day for season passholders who made a reservation.  

~25% of states are continuing to see cases rise. As much as people gave our governor shit about the way this was handled and keeping things "locked down" I believe it is why we are seeing such lower cases now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Schif said:

What do you guys think of the new news that it is considered rare for asymptomatic people to transmit the virus? 

I think I dont know what to believe anymore. First the virus is ultra lethal, lives on cardboard and plastic. Bought into it and wore gloves pumping gas. Then it didnt live on surfaces anymore. Now it doesnt transfer much between asymptomatic. Like WTF?

I get locking everything down at first since it was new and unknown. Now it's time to move on while protecting the most vulnerable. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

~25% of states are continuing to see cases rise. As much as people gave our governor shit about the way this was handled and keeping things "locked down" I believe it is why we are seeing such lower cases now.

“Measure twice, cut once” approach imo. Keep it locked down longer now, to avoid possibly having to repeat steps 1,2,and 3 in the fall 

31 minutes ago, Schif said:

What do you guys think of the new news that it is considered rare for asymptomatic people to transmit the virus? 

I think the people that have been taking it seriously will continue to take it seriously and the people who weren’t will continue not taking it seriously. 

2 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

I think the people that have been taking it seriously will continue to take it seriously and the people who weren’t will continue not taking it seriously. 

But if the virus transmits much less easily through an asymptomatic population wouldn't there be less to take seriously? 

As long as people weren't hiding their symptoms and engaging with others this would mean that there is much less to worry about than we had feared a week or so ago when "anyone could be a carrier". 

Edited by Schif

1 hour ago, skiincy said:

seriously so different. Very few things out of stock about an hour outside of Raleigh. 

In Philly, there are billboards and radio commercials about "tough times", "we'll get through this" and thanking employees for their service. The grocery stores have messages about the check out lines and path in the stores. Instead, that language isn't as prominent here. There are still people wearing masks and social distancing practice in stores, takeout, etc. but it's likely because it's not as dense here. And because of it, it doesn't feel nearly as a dystopia environment. 

Quite a sharp contrast of the boarded up businesses in Philly. 

Where are you in NC?  My uncle lives about an hour outside Raleigh in Angier.  It's pretty sparsely populated there, although the "Research Triangle" area (Raleigh/Durham/Cary) has a lot of people.  

57 minutes ago, Schif said:

Looks like the WHO is taking it back?

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/09/who-scrambles-to-clarify-comments-on-asymptomatic-coronavirus-spread-much-is-still-unknown.html

1 minute ago, NMSKI said:

Correct. There is still so much that is unknown about COVID and people are reporting the heck out of every little thing that is a change from the previous guidelines or what was known, which is understandable, but should be handled with caution.