Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

I'm cool with people telling me later on it was unnecessary to wear gloves pumping gas, wearing a mask, washing my hands alot, doing curbside pickup, avoiding people when possible, etc.  I want to see how this shakes out over the next month or two.  

I have a lot of family and friends with medical backgrounds, and none of those people have said, "dont worry, this is nothing, go back to what you were doing in January".  I dont read or watch too much news either.  That can just make your head spin.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Seems like Florida is jumping the gun just a bit. This is not good..

At this point it seems "it is what it is". Highly doubt you're going to see this country go into Wuhan style lockdown again. A lot of people are just fed up with the whole thing. The bike shop I go to was told he wasnt allowed to open prior to May 1 despite having very few people in his store. Yet at the same time Walmart was selling out of bikes. Then you see millions of people standing shoulder to shoulder on TV like the virus is nothing, but we weren't allowed to have more than 15 people at my Uncle's funeral (he died from lung cancer). 

Edited by saltyant
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, skiincy said:

visit philly .. you'll find things out of stock or low supply, especially meat and household cleaning items. 

I haven't seen Clorox wipes since early March. Still empty as of today. In fact the entire cleaning aisle is very bare. Haven't run into low meat supply. We've gotten lucky with some good deals at Acme. We had filet quite a few times during quarantine because they were on sale. Random veggies would be very low but otherwise Acme did a great job.

2 hours ago, toast21602 said:

~25% of states are continuing to see cases rise. As much as people gave our governor shit about the way this was handled and keeping things "locked down" I believe it is why we are seeing such lower cases now.

Gotta agree with you there and our local state rep Mike Schlossberg who is a giant GSS fan gives daily updates on Facebook...lots of drama in Harrisburg between the democrats and republicans.  

1 hour ago, NMSKI said:

When I think of NMSki and The Who...this song naturally comes to mind.  Pinball wizard from Tommy

4 minutes ago, saltyant said:

It is nice getting a bike ride in during my one hour lunch break. I have a perfect root that takes 45 to 52 minutes to complete.

Sweetness. I like waking up without an alarm.  Been coming into work like 10-11am...not having customers in my office sure frees up a lot of time...I just text office manager when I’m on my way in and she stops checking voicemails on office number.   She has a new work from home number.  Still down about 6-7% on the year so far...

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, skiincy said:

visit philly .. you'll find things out of stock or low supply, especially meat and household cleaning items. 

The only places I visit in Philly area are IKEA, cemeteries, cheesesteak places and occasionally a trendy nightspot if my Philebrity friend can get me on the list.  I went to an Asian night once at G Lounge way back in the day and got in for free and got to eat sushi off a near naked model...the sushi was ok like grocery store quality but free no beggars can’t be choosy.