Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

The Pa legislature passed something which may or may not terminate the emergency declaration order and color coded counties depending on which Facebook meme you read. 'Murica.

wolf will challenge. it'll be held up forever in court like every other thing that system touches. he will lose, but by then it won't matter (nevermind that the taxpayers' money will have already been spent).

6 minutes ago, Benm said:

wolf will challenge. it'll be held up forever in court like every other thing that system touches. he will lose, but by then it won't matter (nevermind that the taxpayers' money will have already been spent).

It was a resolution by the republicans. It has no legal basis to change anything.

17 minutes ago, trackbiker said:

It was a resolution by the republicans. It has no legal basis to change anything.

To them it does, to Wolf it doesn't. If there was a definite answer, it wouldn't be a hot topic.

Whatever the answer ends up being, I really don't care. I'm just lamenting the fact that we are going to throw a bunch of money at it to figure it out, even though everything will be over with by the time they get an answer. 

Unrelated - not sure if anyone goes but the West End Fair has been officially cancelled per Times News.

Edited by Benm
  • Sad 1

Just now, theprogram4 said:

I’m still tripping over the fact that the same politicians who forced us inside and business closed for 3 months are ok with thousands of people gathering together to protest 

Did you see that one proclamation in a California county where you could have a social gathering of 15 people, but a protest of up to 100? 

It's really easy to see how the general public is getting sick of this stuff, and can start to get conspiratorial when the rules are so blatantly made up and not rooted in science.   

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Schif said:

Did you see that one proclamation in a California county where you could have a social gathering of 15 people, but a protest of up to 100? 

It's really easy to see how the general public is getting sick of this stuff, and can start to get conspiratorial when the rules are so blatantly made up and not rooted in science.   

I did see that lol. Extended families aren’t allowed to go to funerals for loved ones cause it’s a health risk, but large gatherings to block traffic are considered healthy and ok.  Absolutely amazing

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, saltyant said:

The Pa legislature passed something which may or may not terminate the emergency declaration order and color coded counties depending on which Facebook meme you read.

The governor will veto it and if veto is overrules he’ll enact a new emergency declaration.  Nothing has changed..it’s all political theater.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Benm said:

To them it does, to Wolf it doesn't. If there was a definite answer, it wouldn't be a hot topic.

Whatever the answer ends up being, I really don't care. I'm just lamenting the fact that we are going to throw a bunch of money at it to figure it out, even though everything will be over with by the time they get an answer. 

Unrelated - not sure if anyone goes but the West End Fair has been officially cancelled per Times News.

Later this afternoon Musikfest officials are going to make a big announcement.  

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

I’m still tripping over the fact that the same politicians who forced us inside and business closed for 3 months are ok with thousands of people gathering together to protest 

And are the same people that said that the people protesting lockdown shouldn't protest.  

I think both groups should have the right to protest.  But I'm pretty sure its bad for the spread of an infectious disease!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1