Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

9 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

It's probably the age demographics, right?  Isn't that why AZ is doing so bad also?

Maybe? But PA has one of the oldest average age populations in the country and we are in much better position than many southern states.

Edited by toast21602
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

No has zero to do with age demographics.  It has to do with an aggressive early reopening. 

Definitely that too.  My inlaws in AZ are yukking it up with friends at restaurants and going to parties like crazy.  I'm concerned because they are old and not models of good health.  Can't tell them shit though, they wanna do their thing.  

12 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

Definitely that too.  My inlaws in AZ are yukking it up with friends at restaurants and going to parties like crazy.  I'm concerned because they are old and not models of good health.  Can't tell them shit though, they wanna do their thing.  

A lot of the youtubers who live in LA have been yukking it up at Lake Havasu or in Florida...Covid is infecting people of all ages.  It’s just the 70+ people and those with underlying conditions that it’s hitting the hardest.  @theprogram4 have you seen any NELK or Danny Mullin videos lately..amazing content. 

49 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Sheer stupidity down there. I feel bad for the people who are doing the right thing.

I have a friend that lives in Tampa, his fiancé goes to med school down there, and the second they lifted restrictions they both went out like nothing was wrong. False sense of security. 

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I have a friend that lives in Tampa, his fiancé goes to med school down there, and the second they lifted restrictions they both went out like nothing was wrong. False sense of security. 

What type of med school? So I know where to avoid.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

Starbucks is closing 400 stores due to the economic fallout from COVID 19. Damn.

I'm not super disappointed in billion dollar mega-chains closing stores, but it is unfortunate for the employees of those stores. I heard 200+ were in Canada

So my youngest all of a sudden had a "spontaneous pneumothorax"(collapsed lung).  Apparently it is a common thing with young, tall, thin males.   It was a fun ER experience with the whole Covid situation and since he is technically an adult, the doctors would not only not speak to me, but I had to wait in my car for 3 hours.  He needs surgery and I am trying to talk him into getting it sooner rather then later.  But goddammit!!!!!!! way to have respiratory issues during a Covid pandemic.

Edited by Barb
  • Sad 4

28 minutes ago, Barb said:

So my youngest all of a sudden had a "spontaneous pneumothorax"(collapsed lung).  Apparently it is a common thing with young, tall, thin males.   It was a fun ER experience with the whole Covid situation and since he is technically an adult, the doctors would not only not speak to me, but I had to wait in my car for 3 hours.  He needs surgery and I am trying to talk him into getting it sooner rather then later.  But goddammit!!!!!!! way to have respiratory issues during a Covid pandemic.

Damn. Yeah, that is common in tall, lanky males. What surgery are they planning on doing? Usually it isn't much more than a bedside chest tube with suction unless the airleak is that large? Hope things go well for him! 

Remove the “blebs” and then fuse lung to chest cavity. Said he would be in hospital 4 days. For some reason he is concerned w scars. I told him I not a tattoo person by any stretch but he could get some cool tattoos over the scars if he was that grossed out by them.

There is no urgency to surgery but the blebs will continue to rupture until they are removed. He was singing loud n his car to the radio and that is what popped one..... crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Barb

11 minutes ago, Barb said:

Remove the “blebs” and then fuse lung to chest cavity. Said he would be in hospital 4 days. For some reason he is concerned w scars. I told him I not a tattoo person by any stretch but he could get some cool tattoos over the scars if he was that grossed out by them.

There is no urgency to surgery but the blebs will continue to rupture until they are removed. He was singing loud n his car to the radio and that is what popped one..... crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's wild. I'm not lanky so I'll keep singing. Hoping the best for your son!

• Haha 2