Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

12 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

I have zero interest in being inside a restaurant or bar. Even a bit skeptical about outdoor seating right now. I want to see how these first few weeks go. 

Im running like a windows 7 computer.  "in safe mode"  

I feel the same way.  I'm not gonna be the test pilot on this one.  

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, toast21602 said:

I have zero interest in being inside a restaurant or bar. Even a bit skeptical about outdoor seating right now. I want to see how these first few weeks go. 

QFT.  However, I don't see outdoor seating as being that bad and might go somewhere depending upon the place's plans, but I'm quite content with just staying home too.
Lost Tavern (Hellertown) seems to be making quite an effort to do it as safe as possible, but I fear they're going to be inundated with people's pent-up desire to get out.

Edited by indiggio
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, indiggio said:

QFT.  However, I don't see outdoor seating as being that bad and might go somewhere depending upon the place's plans, but I'm quite content with just staying home too.
Lost Tavern (Hellertown) seems to be making quite an effort to do it as safe as possible, but I fear they're going to be inundated with people's pent-up desire to get out.

Yeah I'm not worried about outdoor dining, but I'm thinking places are probably packed...I don't really feel like waiting forever to get food or a table when I can just do takeout and eat outside at home.

The brewery a few minutes from my house does take reservations, so I may do that this weekend.  Most places around here are first come first serve, no reservations

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, PSUFly said:

Yeah I'm not worried about outdoor dining, but I'm thinking places are probably packed...I don't really feel like waiting forever to get food or a table when I can just do takeout and eat outside at home.

The brewery a few minutes from my house does take reservations, so I may do that this weekend.  Most places around here are first come first serve, no reservations

I'm also not sure how outside seating would even work?
For example, we'll go to LT with another couple and sit at a table together, inside or outside.  But is sitting at a table, even if outside, considered "social distancing"?
I'm wondering about the size of the table being used?  If they're regular 4x6 tables, is that good enough to sit across from someone? 
Are they gonna use giant round tables, which may put you far enough apart.  So many questions.

We visited some friends last weekend and we all sat on their patio together, which felt really weird after all this crap and not being together for months.
Wife and I sat at one end of the table, the other couple sat at the opposite end. 
After a while, the overwhelming weird feelings subsided, but some of it still persisted throughout the evening.

Edited by indiggio

1 minute ago, indiggio said:

For example, we'll go to LT with another couple and sit at a table together, inside or outside.  But is sitting at a table, even if outside, considered "social distancing"?
I'm wondering about the size of the table being used?  If they're regular 4x6 tables, is that good enough to sit across from someone? 
Are they gonna use giant round tables, which may put you far enough apart.  So many questions.

We visited some friends last weekend and we all sat on their patio together, which felt really weird after all this crap and not being together for months.
Wife and I sat at one end of the table, the other couple sat at the opposite end. 
After a while, the overwhelming weird feelings subsided, but some of it still persisted throughout the evening.

You are allowed to be in small groups and sit at tables together. It limits exposure to anyone beyond your table. The rationale behind the distancing and outdoor seating at restaurants is to prevent people from congregating closely indoors. You've been to LT or other places on busy nights. Its like sardines in a can. Sitting together in small groups at socially distant tables isn't much of a concern at this point... as long as you are going with people who you know are being as cautious as you have been.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Yeah, no one wants to hang out with me anyway, so sitting with other people isn't a concern :)  As much as I'd like to distance from my wife and kid and enjoy a beer, I don't know that it would go over well.

I haven't checked out the outdoor section of this place since last summer, so I'm not sure about the table setups.  They also had outdoor furniture set up, but I'm not sure how they'll space that apart.  I would think that's probably figured out when I make the reservation.  

For some reason he is concerned w scars. I told him I not a tattoo person by any stretch but he could get some cool tattoos over the scars if he was that grossed out by them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scars are tattoos with stories behind them. And propofol is great stuff. I can see why MJ liked it.

• Like 2

On 6/10/2020 at 8:30 PM, Barb said:

So my youngest all of a sudden had a "spontaneous pneumothorax"(collapsed lung).  Apparently it is a common thing with young, tall, thin males.

Yikes, his must be pretty bad to require that extent of surgery. I've been diagnosed with a partially collapsed lung twice, and I'm pretty certain it happened a third time due to symptoms being identical, but I never got treatment for it. First one was during a lecture on a college visit while I was in highschool, and I thought i was having a heart attack. I was just sitting in a chair, and all of sudden felt the most pain I've ever felt on the left side of my chest, could barely even walk or climb up into my dad's truck. That one was the spontaneous pneumothorax. Second (and probably third) were both skiing related and totally my fault though. I got lucky and was on the borderline of whether I would need surgery, so the Dr gave me two weeks or so I had a few weeks of tests every other day or so to make sure my lung capacity was increasing, indicating the the "hole" was healing on its own. I got lucky, but I remember at the time really not being all that thrilled with the thought of surgery or having a tube sticking out of my ribs. It might take a while to get his lung capacity back up, but he'll bounce back.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Over 3,000 new cases in California....over 2,000 new cases in Texas...731 new cases in Arkansas which is a lot based on the states population 

I’ve been working virtually writing estimates for cars in California. The amount coming in has tripled 3xs over. It’s been insane. People are getting out more there. 

edit: good one I had the other day, insured didn’t want to take their car to a shop for inspection due to COVID, but the loss was that they were back into in a municipal parking lot while at Venice Beach. 

Edited by Kyle
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, toast21602 said:

People just don’t get it. 

I think people get it, but I also I think they are taking a calculated risk at this point, especially seeing that the death rate is actually lower than we thought and that low risk populations probably don't have to worry too much about it. 

I think what's really getting incredibly lost in all of this is the fact that we know one sure fire way to deal with this disease; be fit and healthy. 

• Love 1

5 minutes ago, Shadows said:

Hookah bar was packed when I drove by just now. Damn it. 

Southside B?  Based on FB looks crowded at the Shanty outside and there’s a band playing that wild horses song..serious boomer shit. My friend sent me shots of crazy Courtney shaking her tailfeather at ringers roost.  She has that mom haircut. Ass that will swallow up a G string and up top..two bee stings lol

BFD2541D-0A47-4D90-9B41-3D280D4DB751.png

12CBBBC4-E780-4148-9D38-62566047FC87.jpeg

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Haha 1