Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

21 minutes ago, Schif said:

Stats with more Context 

image.png.e12a4c892aa72a65d0f5f9a271721b27.png

So in the US we are spreading it more than other countries, but we are doing a pretty good job at keeping people that get it alive. The percentage of deaths in Italy is kind of scary, though realistically it is their older population but still. 

In Italy they ran out of ventilators and ICU beds and they had to make wartime triage decisions. They also didn’t have as much testing available in Italy which means those tested were more serious cases.  Remember in the US when you could only get tested if you were very sick or over age 65.  Now everybody can get tested so while testing has ramped up here, more and more asymptomatic and mild cases are being discovered which will lower the death rate. 

2783 new cases in Florida....wow just wow...some states are talking about a second lockdown.  

For the longest time the US was averaging about 20,000 new cases daily...probably be in the 25-30k range today.  

Not to make it political but damn. Leadership dropping the ball down there.

14 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Not to make it political but damn. Leadership dropping the ball down there.

Yeah Florida Governor is like well it’s cause we are testing more..more testing is a good thing that way people know they have it and can self quarentine and not infect more people. 

PA is so much more civilized than Florida.  Did you know maximum unemployment compensation in Florida is only $275 a week and available for 12 weeks.  In PA it’s $573 a week and up to 26 weeks.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

16 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Oh, let's just not count the rally participants who may have COVID because rallies are for good, but allowing people to do what they want is bad.
I can't stand the hypocrisy.

https://nypost.com/2020/06/15/coronavirus-contact-tracers-wont-ask-if-new-yorkers-attended-protests/

I saw that...it’s super messed up.  My good friend lives with her parents and her mom is super fat and dad is a cancer survivor.  Her friend organized the emmaus protest and he was bugging her to go and she said sorry I don’t feel comfortable in tight crowds and she’d feel terrible if she contracted Covid and spread it to her parents.  Well the organizer who’s black said if she doesn’t attend she’s racist and this is a longtime friend of hers since middle school.  So messed up.  Some say if white folks dont do anything to fight racism they are a part of the problem..fuck that..I know I’m not racist..I have an Asian friend and he’s dark skinned Asian.  My parents also used to have a black dog and I loved that dog just the same as other dogs..I also used to watch the Cosby show and fresh prince of bel air.   

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I saw that...it’s super messed up.  My good friend lives with her parents and her mom is super fat and dad is a cancer survivor.  Her friend organized the emmaus protest and he was bugging her to go and she said sorry I don’t feel comfortable in tight crowds and she’d feel terrible if she contracted Covid and spread it to her parents.  Well the organizer who’s black said if she doesn’t attend she’s racist and this is a longtime friend of hers since middle school.  So messed up.  Some say if white folks dont do anything to fight racism they are a part of the problem..fuck that..I know I’m not racism..I have an Asian friend and he’s dark skinned Asian.  My parents also used to have a black dog and I loved that dog just the same as other dogs..I also used to watch the Cosby show and fresh prince of bel air.   

Most appropriate song for the times...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yeah Florida Governor is like well it’s cause we are testing more..more testing is a good thing that way people know they have it and can self quarentine and not infect more people.

That's not true. Florida has been testing approximately the same number people for the last two weeks but cases are way up.

• Like 1