Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

Cases in Boulder are spiking again. They traced it back to several large Cu graduation parties. Now they issued an executive order that they will crack down on the 12 CU houses (mostly frat houses) that are constantly throwing parties and disregarding all protocols. 

8 minutes ago, Barb said:

Cases in Boulder are spiking again. They traced it back to several large Cu graduation parties. Now they issued an executive order that they will crack down on the 12 CU houses (mostly frat houses) that are constantly throwing parties and disregarding all protocols. 

How large are gatherings allowed to be in Colorado?  On Friday when we go to green bars and restaurants can be open inside at 50% capacity and gatherings up to 250.  If cases don’t spike here, I’ll be surprised.  I read on Teton gravity and also your posts about mask use being common in Boulder even outdoors...you have a wealthy and educated population which probably helps compared to many places. 

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

How large are gatherings allowed to be in Colorado?  On Friday when we go to green bars and restaurants can be open inside at 50% capacity and gatherings up to 250.  If cases don’t spike here, I’ll be surprised.  I read on Teton gravity and also your posts about mask use being common in Boulder even outdoors...you have a wealthy and educated population which probably helps compared to many places. 

Not sure about capacity of gatherings but supposedly these frat houses are throwing ragers on a regular basis.  

• Confused 1

For those that are saying well there’s more cases because there’s more testing..well what would happen if pregnancy tests were no longer available..less babies right.  People that don’t know maths bug me as well which is about 90% of the people who comment on Facebook.   People divide one into 20 and get .05 on calculator and think it’s .05% no dumbass it’s 5% move the decimal over two spots to the right....i don’t envy any of you teachers out there @First Grade Teacher

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I will say most of the protesters were wearing masks and from the pictures I’ve seen of the line to get into the Trump rally not any masks..I thought I saw one but was a beard.  Since they won’t do contact tracing back to protests..is it the same for Rally’s???

Idk, I saw a shit ton of people running out of target and foot locker not wearing masks.  If it doesn’t spread outside, why have outdoor gatherings and sporting events been banned?  Using that logic, you can’t get covid in a stadium full of people as long as everyone wears masks

i was all for the shutdown and taking precautions, but the more time passes the more the bullshit meter goes off. I don’t understand how you cannot get Covid while pulling down a statue of Ulysses S Grant in a crowd, but can get it at a 15 person outdoor burial

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Yeah I'm stumped on the whole Ulysses S. Grant thing. Wasn't he the good guy?

Best one I saw on Facebook so far was someone calling for the removal of Abraham Lincoln from the $5 bill......for being a slave owner