Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

4 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

That is terrible. The states that are getting hit now are going to experience what the states that were first hit was like except probably worse. 

Yup. My buddy lives in Tampa and used to joke about how we were locked down essentially and they could still go out and do things.... not for long. 

I feel bad for one of my other friends though, just moved to Miami in January, pandemic hit, got furloughed, came home to PA to ride it out, goes back down to Miami and now they’re getting hit with massive increases in daily cases and likely going to be locked down again. 

13 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

So this isn’t so much of a second wave, but a first wave in states that didn’t initially lockdown?

This has all been the first wave and continues to be for all the states.  For there to be a second wave the first wave needs to have come and gone...The states with the massive surges generally had lockdowns but most except for California reopened in May

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1231087

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

11 hours ago, Kyle said:

Best one I saw on Facebook so far was someone calling for the removal of Abraham Lincoln from the $5 bill......for being a slave owner 

There's a meme floating around to send me your $1, $5, $20, $100 bills because they all depict people who owned slaves and I'll dispose of them properly.

Of course, I can't seem to find it right now.

2 minutes ago, indiggio said:

The bill was longer than some of the romance novels @saltyant reads like 180 pages. What’s crazy was yes it was over 1.1 million.  It was $22,000 over 1.1 million and the bill even ended with change.  If I was ever faced with a bill like that later in life I’d get put on a payment plan.  I wonder how long it would take to pay off $1.1 million in monthly installments of Tree Fiddy..

10 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

This has all been the first wave and continues to be for all the states.  For there to be a second wave the first wave needs to have come and gone...The states with the massive surges generally had lockdowns but most except for California reopened in May

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1231087

Fauci says "We're still in a first wave"

https://www.marketwatch.com/discover?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.marketwatch.com%2Famp%2Fstory%2Fguid%2Fe9b74cf4-b021-11ea-baad-b30512bf9a3f&link=sfmw_tw#https://www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/guid/e9b74cf4-b021-11ea-baad-b30512bf9a3f?mod=dist_amp_social

Edited by indiggio

17 hours ago, Kyle said:

Yup. My buddy lives in Tampa and used to joke about how we were locked down essentially and they could still go out and do things.... not for long. 

Yep. My sister came home from Florida with her boyfriend in early May for two weeks. Her boyfriend kept saying how he is glad he does not live in the liberal north any more and that it is stupid everything was closed down here. Got news for him, it is probably gonna happen now in Florida.

Him and his family have no common sense and still call this a hoax. Really interesting times when his family and mine are on complete opposite sides of the political spectrum. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, skifreak said:

Yep. My sister came home from Florida with her boyfriend in early May for two weeks. Her boyfriend kept saying how he is glad he does not live in the liberal north any more and that it is stupid everything was closed down here. Got news for him, it is probably gonna happen now in Florida.

Him and his family have no common sense and still call this a hoax. Really interesting times when his family and mine are on complete opposite sides of the political spectrum. 

Has Florida talked about locking down?  I know the governor is officially saying yes things are getting worse.  Before he blamed it on more testing and migrant farmers. 

13 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Has Florida talked about locking down?  I know the governor is officially saying yes things are getting worse.  Before he blamed it on more testing and migrant farmers. 

Not that I know of but if it keeps getting worse I would not be surprised. 

5 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

He actually said that they would not be shutting down again.

34 minutes ago, saltyant said:

@Johnny Law We're riding this Thursday evening, probably starting at 6 pm. We'll be doing weekly road rides if @AtomicSkier wants to. He is aching to ride the beautiful backroads of the Hazleton area.

He is?  Halzeton is so far away.  

I'm in for Thursday....anyone else?  @toast21602 @mbike-ski.  We'll start at @toast21602's house this time.

• Confused 1