Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

10 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Most of the idiots I know have a degree..

True.  just keep in mind i work with a guy that showed up wearing a saltyant ski mask thinking it made a good face covering.  you know, the kind with an open nose hole, and a bunch of little holes over the mouth.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Some of my family members had Covid, but their situation was a tad unique I guess. My cousin was in Malawi for the past 6 months working in a hospital before he starts his residency this fall and flew home right in the beginning of this whole thing and essentially gave his entire family Coronavirus. My aunt was sick for like 2 weeks with what she described as a not so great flu and the two college aged boys were sniffly and had a fever for maybe 48 hours. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Schif said:

Some of my family members had Covid, but their situation was a tad unique I guess. My cousin was in Malawi for the past 6 months working in a hospital before he starts his residency this fall and flew home right in the beginning of this whole thing and essentially gave his entire family Coronavirus. My aunt was sick for like 2 weeks with what she described as a not so great flu and the two college aged boys were sniffly and had a fever for maybe 48 hours. 

Did they ever get tested for antibodies?

2 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

True.  just keep in mind i work with a guy that showed up wearing a saltyant ski mask thinking it made a good face covering.  you know, the kind with an open nose hole, and a bunch of little holes over the mouth.  

Right when this whole shit show started, buckmans sent out an email campaign advertising that they had facemasks/gaiters/necktubes/etc in stock. What was the main image in the email, you ask? One of those neoprene masks with nose and mouth holes, of course. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Every time I think trump is screwing up, he comes back and redeems himself

• Confused 2

6 minutes ago, skifreak said:

Since my business reopened to the public, the majority of people showing up have not been wearing masks. They just come on in and ignore the sign on the door.

well you are open so the virus must be gone. People are going to be licking door knobs when we go green.

• Sad 1

Just now, toast21602 said:

well you are open so the virus must be gone. People are going to be licking door knobs when we go green.

I'm out in New Tripoli. So I guess people think because this is the boondocks that the virus magically isn't here. When I say something I get the look from locals like, "you don't really buy into this shit do you?" I just tell them I don't want to deal with any repercussions so I'd appreciate if they'd humor me and put the mask on.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, skifreak said:

Since my business reopened to the public, the majority of people showing up have not been wearing masks. They just come on in and ignore the sign on the door.

people are slacking off at work here as well.  Part of me says "you be you, do what you want", but all of me wants no contact with those people.  I had to call one of my suppliers yesterday to tell her anybody that comes here needs to wear a mask to enter our shop, or talk to an employee.  Outside on your own, im ok with not wearing a mask.  I am also blown away that people (not wearing a mask) feel its totally cool to walk up to me (wearing a mask) and have a conversation.  Do they really think im wearing a mask to protect myself from me?  

Point is, i cant believe people would enter your place with out a mask on if there is a sign.  I would never do that to anyone.  All of the places i have had to make contact with require masks, and/or do curbside pick up for parts.  A lot of places still dont want outside people in their buildings, which works just fine for me, we call stuff in, and they put it outside for us.  has actually sped up the whole going out to get parts deal.  

If i was in any kind of delivery type service, i would require my employees to wear masks.  not wait for someone to tell them they have to wear a mask to be onsite.  

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

510 new cases in PA today. 46 traced to a car dealership in New Tripoli. 

Do you think we will be on a steady up tic, or bounce back and forth?  i think we saw 3XX some last week for a couple days?

1 minute ago, JFskiDan said:

Do you think we will be on a steady up tic, or bounce back and forth?  i think we saw 3XX some last week for a couple days?

I think we will hang between 300-600 daily for a while but I think there will be an increase in a few weeks after the state goes green and people think it is a good idea to eat inside restraunts regularly. I've seen some business post that going green means that they are back to normal. If that is the perception that their employees and patrons have, I think we will be in for a rude awakening like some of the coastal states are seeing now from SC to FL areas. I hope I am wrong. Only time will tell. 

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

510 new cases in PA today. 46 traced to a car dealership in New Tripoli. 

Wow just wow...numbers holding pretty steady.  To add to Toasts point will be interesting to see what indoor dining/bars does to the numbers.  In Texas I know several bars lost their liquor license for a month due to not following guidelines.  I’m sure this weekend i’ll Get a good idea of what bars are like on my Facebook timeline.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

I think we will hang between 300-600 daily for a while but I think there will be an increase in a few weeks after the state goes green and people think it is a good idea to eat inside restraunts regularly. I've seen some business post that going green means that they are back to normal. If that is the perception that their employees and patrons have, I think we will be in for a rude awakening like some of the coastal states are seeing now from SC to FL areas. I hope I am wrong. Only time will tell. 

They made the decision to keep the clubhouse closed at my place in the Poconos, which kind of surprised me.  Personally i think it was a great decision, but they are getting heat from it like crazy on FB.  I cant believe how quick people are to wanting to go back into crowded places, and that place can get really crowded.  Also, which is funny, is now people are asking for their membership fee back since the club isnt opening.  $30.  Bitchin about $30.  Most of these people are second home owners.  If that $30 is going to change your world so much, maybe reconsider not joining when it is open.  People piss me off.  

• Like 3

I wish I had your optimism. From what I've seen I think too many people think it is "back to normal". Most places that I've seen are more like this place that NJ shut down. https://www.lehighvalleylive.com/coronavirus/2020/06/nj-bar-has-outdoor-dining-license-revoked-after-beer-garden-packed-with-people.html

I haven't heard of PA shutting any places down. In reality, nothing has changed with the virus. We're approximately where we were when we shut down. Cases will only continue to go up.

Edited by trackbiker
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, skifreak said:

I'm out in New Tripoli. So I guess people think because this is the boondocks that the virus magically isn't here. When I say something I get the look from locals like, "you don't really buy into this shit do you?" I just tell them I don't want to deal with any repercussions so I'd appreciate if they'd humor me and put the mask on.

Somebody on my Facebook page was pissed off at the AT&T store...she had to wait outside on the sidewalk until they were ready for her...then when she came in the employee told her can you pull your mask up...

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I called up hair salon today and the voicemail said that they’ll reopen when corporate says they can, please leave a message.  I figured maybe there was somebody in there taking appointments already.   I could just go to Supercuts but I heard they give bad head. 

How to cut your hair with clippers? | Braun US

• Like 2