Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

4 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

They made the decision to keep the clubhouse closed at my place in the Poconos, which kind of surprised me.  Personally i think it was a great decision, but they are getting heat from it like crazy on FB.  I cant believe how quick people are to wanting to go back into crowded places, and that place can get really crowded.  Also, which is funny, is now people are asking for their membership fee back since the club isnt opening.  $30.  Bitchin about $30.  Most of these people are second home owners.  If that $30 is going to change your world so much, maybe reconsider not joining when it is open.  People piss me off.  

People are really fucking shitty and entitled.  This stretch of time where instead of meeting with families, I’ve instead mailed out contracts to those who want to order has been great.  You don’t know how many people come into my office and are difficult and pushy from the start....makes me wish I had fuck you money.   This is my new office. 

1BAD804F-0299-4FD5-826F-095421FEB894.jpeg

• Like 1

the private club (bar) finally opened up near us on friday. pretty exciting since that is the only place i frequent aside from blue.

i have a feeling they won't be at capacity anytime in the near future tho since they changed the smoking policy. it was one of the only draws for 60+% of the members.

@GrilledSteezeSandwich you're gonna bring that table to blue next season right?

Edited by Benm
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Benm said:

the private club (bar) finally opened up near us on friday. pretty exciting since that is the only place i frequent aside from blue.

i have a feeling they won't be at capacity anytime in the near future tho since they changed the smoking policy. it was one of the only draws for 60+% of the members.

@GrilledSteezeSandwich you're gonna bring that table to blue next season right?

No...are you gonna give out cream pies?? @Benm the coronavirus isn’t bringing Mike Bumps down from the allentown dive bar group.   He’s actually banned from the bar I sing karaoke at.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

4 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Apparently Europe is considering banning travel from the US and I don't blame them one bit. I'm happy the PASRs got after it in Switzerland when they did.

They should...most of Europe did a great job nearly wiping out corona why would they want people from places like the US, mexico and Brazil coming there.   Bermuda is opening to tourists July 1st but you have to jump through some hoops including a test here with negative results within 48 hours of departure and another test upon arrival at tourists expense and then quarantining at lodging until negative results are returned.  

The canadian border remains closed for US citizens except for a few extreme circumstances like if you have close relatives there.  Apparently they allowed people to travel through Canada on the way to Alaska but people were staying in British Columbia instead of traveling straight through and spread the virus north of the border.  

I work with a plant down in Brazil. One of the guys I talk to frequently was seriously scared of both Covid and losing his job. Haven't heard much from him in a few weeks though. 

Edited by Schif
  • Sad 1

Pennsylvania and other states who have been on a downward trend need to limit travel to these new hot states or at least require self-quarantine for those who traveled there. Similar to what those states did when the northeast was popping. Otherwise I fear that we will see the spread come back in our region again. I know way too many people that have recently been to, or are planning on going to the Carolinas and Georgie beaches because "everything is open"..

Edited by toast21602
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Pennsylvania and other states who have been on a downward trend need to limit travel to these new hot states or at least require self-quarantine for those who traveled there. Similar to what those states did when the northeast was popping. Otherwise I fear that we will see the spread come back in our region again. I know way too many people that have recently been to, or are planning on going to the Carolinas and Georgie beaches because "everything is open"..

Indeed, we know a few that have recently took trips to North Carolina and Florida as well. 
Don't plan on being near them anytime soon!

Edited by indiggio

1 hour ago, Schif said:

I work with a plant down in Brazil. One of the guys I talk to frequently was seriously scared of both Covid and losing his job. Haven't heard much from him in a few weeks though. 

Brazil is one of the only countries doing worse than the United States in fighting Covid. I also don’t see domestic travel being limited.  To many people have ants in their pants. 

Some old bag yelled at my friend and I running the other day because only one of us was wearing a mask and despite the fact my friend who wasn't wearing one went around a parked card to avoid the few people and him on the sidewalk. This person clearly had a terrible day because he pointed as us and yelled aggressively. Asking us if we were stupid and knew how to read (i guess he meant can we read the news?) and that he needed 6 feet of distancing. If he is that concerned, he can walk his dog on a street that has way less foot traffic. We gave him plenty of room so the public shaming was uncalled for. We told him to have a fantastic Monday evening.

I'm glad a lot of people still wear masks and are taking precautions because I don't want to see a spike in our area. I'm happy things are starting to open slowly. I'm all for wearing masks and I try to wear it for most of my runs but I do pull it down to get fresh air once in a while. No one had said anything until Monday. 

Anyway - our office is reopening July 13th. We split employees into 2 teams and will be alternating onsite work weeks.  Part of me is sad because I'm enjoying no commute and working from home but I think it will feel good to get back in the office every other week. It will be interesting to see how many employees will actually come back. I'm sure alot of employees will enjoy the summer months by continuing to work from home.

• Like 2

In the Allentown area masks have never been common outdoors except for protesters and people waiting for the bus. Travel bans were discussed.  Over in Europe the countries neighboring Sweden along with 90% of the European Union will not allow Swedish citizens to enter their countries.  

Like all the other states a reopening will lead to a spike in cases here in PA...there is a large contingent of anti mask people...mainly uneducated people.  Here is a friend of a friends post from Facebook.  

American people are so dumb generally I was telling a friend before this even began how we are amoung the bottom of the first world countries when it comes to almost everything   

FAA24CFB-5B25-4145-97C0-F710FBD086E3.png

14 minutes ago, Zonked said:

Some old bag yelled at my friend and I running the other day because only one of us was wearing a mask and despite the fact my friend who wasn't wearing one went around a parked card to avoid the few people and him on the sidewalk. This person clearly had a terrible day because he pointed as us and yelled aggressively. Asking us if we were stupid and knew how to read (i guess he meant can we read the news?) and that he needed 6 feet of distancing. If he is that concerned, he can walk his dog on a street that has way less foot traffic. We gave him plenty of room so the public shaming was uncalled for. We told him to have a fantastic Monday evening.

I'm glad a lot of people still wear masks and are taking precautions because I don't want to see a spike in our area. I'm happy things are starting to open slowly. I'm all for wearing masks and I try to wear it for most of my runs but I do pull it down to get fresh air once in a while. No one had said anything until Monday. 

Anyway - our office is reopening July 13th. We split employees into 2 teams and will be alternating onsite work weeks.  Part of me is sad because I'm enjoying no commute and working from home but I think it will feel good to get back in the office every other week. It will be interesting to see how many employees will actually come back. I'm sure alot of employees will enjoy the summer months by continuing to work from home.

Zonked is going back into your office optional for you?  It’s similar at my friend Katie’s job.  They are encouraged to come back into the office in July but can keep working from home indefinitely if they feel more comfortable doing that.  She’s mixed about it.  She knows her co-workers likely won’t keep their distance and also not the most responsible but she’s also bored with working from home.  

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

In the Allentown area masks have never been common outdoors except for protesters and people waiting for the bus. Travel bans were discussed.  Over in Europe the countries neighboring Sweden along with 90% of the European Union will not allow Swedish citizens to enter their countries.  

Like all the other states a reopening will lead to a spike in cases here in PA...there is a large contingent of anti mask people...mainly uneducated people.  Here is a friend of a friends post from Facebook.  

American people are so dumb generally I was telling a friend before this even began how we are amoung the bottom of the first world countries when it comes to almost everything   

FAA24CFB-5B25-4145-97C0-F710FBD086E3.png

Rob is an alcoholic welfare leech who was arrested for throwing Chinese food at his girlfriend, corrrect?

10 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Rob is an alcoholic welfare leech who was arrested for throwing Chinese food at his girlfriend, corrrect?

Yes it was shrimp lo mein and not welfare..social security.  He went to jail for a bar fight and was bailed out and put on probation then the incident with Sandra he went back for a bit and then he was busted by his Probation officer for public intoxication and back in Lehigh county prison.  Rob is an anti masker as well...but this post was written by Blake who has me blocked for calling him a fool..SlobRob just reshared it.  

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yes it was shrimp lo mein and not welfare..social security.  He went to jail for a bar fight and was bailed out and put on probation then the incident with Sandra he went back for a bit and then he was busted by his Probation officer for public intoxication and back in Lehigh county prison.  

It’s disability right?  Weird cause he used to walk miles all over Allentown daily for beer runs

Just now, theprogram4 said:

It’s disability right?  Weird cause he used to walk miles all over Allentown daily for beer runs

He’s like 90% deaf that’s how he gets disability. It’s about $1,000 a month and Sandy also gets SS...rob also works part time as a home health aid for sandy so gets like $12 an hour to wipe her ass.