Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

13 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Zonked is going back into your office optional for you?  It’s similar at my friend Katie’s job.  They are encouraged to come back into the office in July but can keep working from home indefinitely if they feel more comfortable doing that.  She’s mixed about it.  She knows her co-workers likely won’t keep their distance and also not the most responsible but she’s also bored with working from home.  

Yup - it is optional. The company will still continue a flexible, work from home schedule for anyone who cant come back due to childcare/health reasons/concerns. The CEO was clear that it is optional for now however she expects the corporate office to eventually return to "normal". All our roles should not be work from home forever.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, toast21602 said:

Disability doesn't always mean physical disability or something that you can see. 

Oh for sure.  Just interesting to me he can’t work but can travel all over Allentown by foot buying a case of beer per day.  I used to be part of the Allentown Fuckery Facebook groups and the white trash behavior is amazing 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Imagine thinking you are tough and patriotic because you don't wear a mask. What a fucking country. 

STEM courses are definitely lacking in our schools when people listen to unfounded BS as opposed to experts who have studied things for years.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Oh for sure.  Just interesting to me he can’t work but can travel all over Allentown by foot buying a case of beer per day.  I used to be part of the Allentown Fuckery Facebook groups and the white trash behavior is amazing 

I used to hang out with friends at a pizza shop late night because we know the owner and most of the staff and they have a killer beer selection. The  regulars who would come in at 10pm inexplicably covered in dirt and/or concrete droplets and pull out wadded up ones and coins to buy keystone ice pounders were amazing. My favorite were the ones who you knew lived a few miles away and would roll up on most likely stolen bicycles to buy their beer. One would ask for his six packs to be put in separate bags so it would balance better when he hung it from the handlebars to go home. 

Edited by Schif
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

He can’t afford a case a day..between a 12 pack of bud and a couple tall boys depending on his bankroll.  He was also smoking CBD cause he found it for like $20 a quarter.  Said it was a nice relaxing high.   Yeah he was smoking hemp lol

5 minutes ago, Schif said:

I used to hang out with friends at a pizza shop late night because we know the owner and most of the staff and they have a killer beer selection. The  regulars who would come in at 10pm inexplicably covered in dirt and/or concrete droplets and pull out wadded up ones and coins to buy keystone ice pounders were amazing. My favorite were the ones who you knew lived a few miles away and would roll up on most likely stolen bicycles to buy their beer. One would ask for his six packs to be put in separate bags so it would balance better when he hung it from the handlebars to go home. 

Wow at least Slob the Knob Ritter has a backpack...it’s a Jansport...badass..rumor has it he got feline AIDs from cheesing his cats..so messed up..

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

5 minutes ago, Schif said:

There’s a pizza place in Downingtown that is a town staple.  I always laugh at the 50+ year old men buying tall boys of Bud Ice.  That’s something people don’t drink once they turn 21 lol

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

He can’t afford a case a day..between a 12 pack of bud and a couple tall boys depending on his bankroll.  He was also smoking CBD cause he found it for like $20 a quarter.  Said it was a nice relaxing high.   Yeah he was smoking hemp lol

How’s Keenan doing?

14 minutes ago, trackbiker said:

STEM courses are definitely lacking in our schools when people listen to unfounded BS as opposed to experts who have studied things for years.

Most kids have one biology class in high school where they dissect a frog and health class where you’re told to have safe sex and not do pot. 

9 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

There’s a pizza place in Downingtown that is a town staple.  I always laugh at the 50+ year old men buying tall boys of Bud Ice.  That’s something people don’t drink once they turn 21 lol

What's it called? I'm looking to find a decent spot to get a slice at lunch every now and then. 

20 minutes ago, trackbiker said:

I think there is a big disconnect between taking a class in high school because you have to and the next level stuff the biomedical experts are doing. I took a pretty STEM heavy course load in high school and I'm glad I have the general knowledge of physics, chemistry, biology and Calculus but at the end of the day most of what I learned there is gone. I wish there were more business and finance classes offered. 

Also this makes me think of something I remember hearing a while back. I think it was either a series of articles, or podcasts and for the life of me I cannot find out the title or the author but the general idea was. "What do I actually know to be true?". The premise was that the author took a look at things that are just completely well known scientific truths such as "the world is a globe and not flat" and asked the question, do I know this to be true because I've been told, or because I know for a fact myself? Pretty interesting concept. I'm not advocating for anyone to think the world is flat, but at the end of the day we take a lot of things for granted without actually pressing our own knowledge about it. I believe the author then did experiments and such to prove to him or herself that these widely accepted truths are indeed true. 

I'll see myself out of here and take it to the Psychology/Philosophy thread now. 

• Like 1

5508 new cases in Florida..a new single day record.  Only 40 new deaths.  As said before there will be a couple week lag between new cases and deaths.  A Miami doctor in an article said there are five times more Covid patients in ICUs now than two weeks ago which is alarming.  Texas is doing terrible as well with triple the ICU patients..Houston we have a problem. 

40 minutes ago, Schif said:

What's it called? I'm looking to find a decent spot to get a slice at lunch every now and then. 

http://www.lionespizzadowningtown.com

Liones right in the heart of Downingtown.  I would say it’s the most popular mom and pop business in all of Downingtown.  Growing up here and not liking liones is a cardinal sin lol

22 minutes ago, Schif said:

I think there is a big disconnect between taking a class in high school because you have to and the next level stuff the biomedical experts are doing. I took a pretty STEM heavy course load in high school and I'm glad I have the general knowledge of physics, chemistry, biology and Calculus but at the end of the day most of what I learned there is gone. I wish there were more business and finance classes offered. 

Also this makes me think of something I remember hearing a while back. I think it was either a series of articles, or podcasts and for the life of me I cannot find out the title or the author but the general idea was. "What do I actually know to be true?". The premise was that the author took a look at things that are just completely well known scientific truths such as "the world is a globe and not flat" and asked the question, do I know this to be true because I've been told, or because I know for a fact myself? Pretty interesting concept. I'm not advocating for anyone to think the world is flat, but at the end of the day we take a lot of things for granted without actually pressing our own knowledge about it. I believe the author then did experiments and such to prove to him or herself that these widely accepted truths are indeed true. 

I'll see myself out of here and take it to the Psychology/Philosophy thread now. 

The important thing is that you were introduced to those subjects and understand how things work. You also obviously learned critical thinking which the article you mentioned is basically about.

Imagine thinking you are tough and patriotic because you don't wear a mask. What a fucking country. 

I'll never get the anti mask thing. How is asking people (or requiring people) to wear a mask to protect not only the mask wearer but others during a pandemic any different from requiring people to wear clothing in public? Fucking stupidity. This coming from someone who tends to lean right on a lot of (not all) things. Common sense is common fucking sense. We politicize everything and I'm over it to be honest.
  • Like 1

5508 new cases in Florida..a new single day record.  Only 40 new deaths.  As said before there will be a couple week lag between new cases and deaths.  A Miami doctor in an article said there are five times more Covid patients in ICUs now than two weeks ago which is alarming.  Texas is doing terrible as well with triple the ICU patients..Houston we have a problem. 

Damn

5 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I'll never get the anti mask thing. How is asking people (or requiring people) to wear a mask to protect not only the mask wearer but others during a pandemic any different from requiring people to wear clothing in public? Fucking stupidity. This coming from someone who tends to lean right on a lot of (not all) things. Common sense is common fucking sense. We politicize everything and I'm over it to be honest.

Wearing a mark shouldn't be political or partisan. Yet, here we are... 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Zonked said:

Some old bag yelled at my friend and I running the other day because only one of us was wearing a mask and despite the fact my friend who wasn't wearing one went around a parked card to avoid the few people and him on the sidewalk. This person clearly had a terrible day because he pointed as us and yelled aggressively. Asking us if we were stupid and knew how to read (i guess he meant can we read the news?) and that he needed 6 feet of distancing. If he is that concerned, he can walk his dog on a street that has way less foot traffic. We gave him plenty of room so the public shaming was uncalled for. We told him to have a fantastic Monday evening.

I'm glad a lot of people still wear masks and are taking precautions because I don't want to see a spike in our area. I'm happy things are starting to open slowly. I'm all for wearing masks and I try to wear it for most of my runs but I do pull it down to get fresh air once in a while. No one had said anything until Monday. 

Anyway - our office is reopening July 13th. We split employees into 2 teams and will be alternating onsite work weeks.  Part of me is sad because I'm enjoying no commute and working from home but I think it will feel good to get back in the office every other week. It will be interesting to see how many employees will actually come back. I'm sure alot of employees will enjoy the summer months by continuing to work from home.

I've never even thought about wearing a mask while running.  Especially now as we now risk is low outdoors and passing someone while running/biking is such a short encounter.

Our office is reopening first week of August with WFH subject to supervisor approval.  A few weeks ago I said I'd go back middle of August after I see how the reopening has an affect on daily cases.  Granted, we're in a different situation than Texas/Arizona who really never had a spike to be begin with, but the lack of care by young adults is just staggering.  I haven't once thought about eating outside (let alone inside, come Friday).  I have a beer outside once, with two friends, and we were the only ones there.  These millennial/GenZ social butterflies just can't sit still, and that's what worries me most about returning to work and coming in contact with irresponsible 18-21 year olds.  It's not my coworkers I worry about, it's the students.  @toast21602?

5 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

I've never even thought about wearing a mask while running.  Especially now as we now risk is low outdoors and passing someone while running/biking is such a short encounter.

Our office is reopening first week of August with WFH subject to supervisor approval.  A few weeks ago I said I'd go back middle of August after I see how the reopening has an affect on daily cases.  Granted, we're in a different situation than Texas/Arizona who really never had a spike to be begin with, but the lack of care by young adults is just staggering.  I haven't once thought about eating outside (let alone inside, come Friday).  I have a beer outside once, with two friends, and we were the only ones there.  These millennial/GenZ social butterflies just can't sit still, and that's what worries me most about returning to work and coming in contact with irresponsible 18-21 year olds.  It's not my coworkers I worry about, it's the students.  @toast21602?

Plenty of Gen X’ers and Ok boomers will be cramming into bars and restaurants this weekend. One of my FB friends who’s late 50s and was big time on the reopen PA bandwagon is itching to get back to chamber of commerce networking events.  My good friend who leases apartments hasn’t been careful at all..she’s also not that bright...she had her hair did and Botox weeks ago.