Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

8 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Texas 6,166...Florida 5,511...california 4938...NC 2,384...Arizona 1,795..Georgia 1,703...SC 1,283..Alabama 967...Ohio 965...Tennessee 932

Yet people are still bitching and moaning about wearing a mask while they're near other people...

55 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Anybody who gets within arms length of me I’m just gonna touch them.  Look for an article in the morning call about me lol

I'm just going to start coughing uncontrollably.

Edited by indiggio
  • Haha 1

On the radio right now they are discussing how the Governor is putting the Eagles at a disadvantage by not allowing people in the stadium, but some rival teams like the Cowboys might allow fans in the building.  This is a huge issue that needs to be addressed 

Hall of Fame game is cancelled. Who knows if we'll even have a season. Which is fine by me because nothing would make me happier than Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski never playing a game together in a Buccaneers uniform. Douche Bags.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Arizona lower is good. Ohio high isn't good for us. Too close to home

I looked into why Arizona numbers dropped so much...it’s because they only processed 10,000 tests that day.  I saw that Florida has a major testing shortage..people are waiting hours in line to be tested and being turned away when they run out.  They also don’t have the lab capacity to process the desired tests.  

23 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

We dropped the ball. In March or April we all thought this would be a distant memory by July. Yet here we are.

Don’t include me in we...I never thought this would be a distant memory until there was a vaccine.  One of my friends thought the initial two week quarentine would solve everything. 

On 6/22/2020 at 7:02 PM, Kyle said:

Has anyone on here had or or personally knew someone who had it? I was thinking about this earlier today, I personally only know 1 person who’s had it, and they live in NYC. Other than that, I don’t know anyone who’s had it. 

I clearly don't check this thread as much. I do know 2 people in Philly who are recovering. 

(1) One was hospitalized for 2-3 weeks and was on a ventilator 

(2) The other I've been tentative about posting because of the severity. She was been hospitalized for months and got out this week.

She wasn't old. Haven't smoked in decades. Generally healthy, not overweight. She's the mom-type, around 50'ish. Obsessed with grandkids, still working, and normal working-class people. They're private people but I learned so much about the craziness and severity of COVID. It put everything into perspective. 

The documentaries and real-life stories that come out of this will be eye opening, for sure. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, pcklein31 said:

I feel management should set the example and be in the building

I'm sorry, but I'm gonna 100% disagree with you on this one. Management at my job has, in my opinion, done an amazing job of setting the example that you can be (and are still expected to be) productive while working from home. If your job can reasonably easily be done remotely right now, why risk yourself, your family, and your coworkers' health by going into the office just to "set an example". Seems irresponsible to me and I'm glad I work somewhere that management recognizes this and doesn't expect us to go into an office before we feel comfortable with it under the tired guise of people being more productive under the watchful eye of management.

• Like 8

29 minutes ago, Justo8484 said:

I'm sorry, but I'm gonna 100% disagree with you on this one. Management at my job has, in my opinion, done an amazing job of setting the example that you can be (and are still expected to be) productive while working from home. If your job can reasonably easily be done remotely right now, why risk yourself, your family, and your coworkers' health by going into the office just to "set an example". Seems irresponsible to me and I'm glad I work somewhere that management recognizes this and doesn't expect us to go into an office before we feel comfortable with it under the tired guise of people being more productive under the watchful eye of management.

Good points.  I worked for years in environments with the old school mentality where "face time" in the office was important.  It was very frustrating to see incompetent people who were willing to sit around until 10pm get promoted over high achieving people that got their shit done and went home.  Sounds like your company is doing it right.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

Good points.  I worked for years in environments with the old school mentality where "face time" in the office was important.  It was very frustrating to see incompetent people who were willing to sit around until 10pm get promoted over high achieving people that got their shit done and went home.  Sounds like your company is doing it right.  

It is interesting how everything like that changed, and how many companies have figured out people can be productive from home.  Our biggest client always had us meet (which i dont do anymore anyways) for a job meeting before we started any project of any decent size.  It was a good thing to do, meet property managers, etc, but now everybody realized it works just as well over the phone, email some diagrams, etc.....This is actually a huge win for us, as there are times when one of our managers might travel 3 hrs back and forth to do a 10 minute meeting.  

My boss always like to give customers "face time", and he said those exact words.  I havent heard him say that in a while now.  

Older people like to do things face to face more.  When I mail out a contract or proof or invoice to a customer, I always include a stamped addressed envelope.  A pretty high percentage of people personally drop it off...some say they don’t trust the mail or they just want an extra errand to run.  My dad is very old school and when he was in charge, he wanted multiple meetings per week and if he was talking to me or office manager he wanted 100% attention like locking eyes and shit.  

5,004 new cases in Florida.  They’re doing about 30,000 tests daily in that state...PA is around 11,000-12,000 daily tests.  Of those tested in PA it’s been running 4-5% of those tested are infected and in Florida it’s 15%+...what’s sketch to me is that the 80-85% that are tested and don’t have it are standing in line for sometimes hours with people who have it.  If I was ever in a position to get tested it would be in a strip mall urgent care with an appointment they wanna charge me $100 or tree fiddy whatever but many don’t have that luxury. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

5,004 new cases in Florida.  They’re doing about 30,000 tests daily in that state...PA is around 11,000-12,000 daily tests.  Of those tested in PA it’s been running 4-5% of those tested are infected and in Florida it’s 15%+...what’s sketch to me is that the 80-85% that are tested and don’t have it are standing in line for sometimes hours with people who have it.  If I was ever in a position to get tested it would be in a strip mall urgent care with an appointment they wanna charge me $100 or tree fiddy whatever but many don’t have that luxury. 

It is crazy to me that the federal government has pretty much given up on this and testing still continues to be an issue in many states.