Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

That is absolutely terrifying. WTF is going on down there.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, indiggio said:

98075999_10204769338891034_6808268791957422080_n.jpg.0459ec80538679e47bd5f57ec7f92e51.jpg

The 1918-1920 flu pandemic came in three major waves. After the first wave in the US, the virus subsided, and Americans were restless to have businesses reopened and for social life to resume. There was a growing movement to stop wearing masks, which had become ubiquitous - so much so that The Anti-Mask League of 1919 was formed. These were protests from those who thought the public health ordinance violated their liberty.

The virus came back with a vengeance in the fall and was much deadlier than the first wave, eventually killing more than 675,000 Americans and killing around 100 million of the 500 million it infected worldwide before it was over. This was before mass vaccination, before the electron microscope; this is the tragedy of herd immunity and stubborn ignorance.

Viruses aren't political; they don't care about your theories or speculations or projections. They're unthinking parasites only wanting to replicate and use your body as a host.

Wear a mask.

Im never going to understand the thinking thats going on with people that wont wear a mask.  Im not sure if they are just trying to be so cool like Fonzie, or they are just looking to fight with someone. Violates their rights?  But wearing clothes, doesnt?  The very few stores i have gone in had signs that you have to wear a mask.  So, to get some goods at this store, one will have to do what the owner likes.  i get it, and am on board with it.  I make everybody that comes in my shop wear a mask.  We sell a little bit of product, but its very far from being considered a high priority here.  I havent had anyone argue with me when i have told them to wear a mask.  I think people know we have no problem refusing to sell to them, our business just doesnt revolve around the few dollars we will make from their sale.  

11 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

600 in PA today. Not liking the trend here.

Buckle up.  This roller coaster is on its way up.  

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

That is absolutely terrifying. WTF is going on down there.

That’s what would have happened here if we didn’t have lockdown and mask wearing.  Bars are shutdown in Florida now and office managers mom is in the Sanford area and said businesses are closing down.  

28 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Texas is now closing bars and limiting restaurants again. 

I hope that the people that are running out to bars and restaurants around here are paying attention to whats going on in these other states.  I mentioned to a few people yesterday, mainly to see their reaction, that there were the most recorded cases of Covid-19 yestersday.  Most were very surprised, which tells me they sort of live in a bubble.  

• Like 1

Just now, theprogram4 said:

Awaiting on today’s email on what restrictions there will be when hockey starts up in mid July.  Not really feeling it with COVID increases happening, but curious to see how they will work it out

Probably limited amount of guys in the locker room at once. By mid July our outbreak will probably be enough that hockey doesn’t happen. Dorney park reopening July 9 I believe. 

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Probably limited amount of guys in the locker room at once. By mid July our outbreak will probably be enough that hockey doesn’t happen. Dorney park reopening July 9 I believe. 

Ya I’d probably rather they just cancel it.  The locker room is my biggest worry, even if they do open and I play, I’d Change in my car

36 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

No not good at all...we likely won’t see below 600 on a non Sunday/Monday for a long time..I hope I’m wrong but extrapolatation and foreshadowing has always been a strong suit of mine. 

Since there is a 10 to 14 day lag period before people start showing symptoms and about 3 weeks before people end up in a hospital the number are only going to go up.

From what I've seen we are screwed and will be locked down again soon. Not to mention the no masks and no social distancing even at outdoor bars, I ride my bike past a park almost every night. There were two full court adult league basketball games going on the other the other night. Too many people interpret "green" as the virus went away. It didn't. The cases were low in February when the virus was spreading without anyone's knowledge. The cases are low now and the virus is spreading. That's what viruses do and nothing has changed. We are headed right back to where we were. I'd love to go out and get a nice draft craft beer and hang with some friends but I'm not going anywhere. And I'm no germophobe. It's science. There's no opinion about it.

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

I hope that the people that are running out to bars and restaurants around here are paying attention to whats going on in these other states.  I mentioned to a few people yesterday, mainly to see their reaction, that there were the most recorded cases of Covid-19 yestersday.  Most were very surprised, which tells me they sort of live in a bubble.  

Most of my smart friends don’t even keep up on the news...I give them cliff notes versions of what’s happening.  

1 hour ago, theprogram4 said:

Florida is the worst state in all of America, even before COVID-19 even existed

I feel like the average intelligence of people there is really low..now they’re like,”what do you mean I gotta wear a damn mask to go to Publix..and they closed down all the Piggly Wigglys”

14 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I feel like the average intelligence of people there is really low..now they’re like,”what do you mean I gotta wear a damn mask to go to Publix..and they closed down all the Piggly Wigglys”

I feel the same of people around here!
We know a few who are dead set against wearing a mask, thinking it's a Democratic plot and post all sorts of videos about people claiming that the air inside the mask is unhealthy and full of C02 causing hypercapnia.

• Like 2

Crested Butte strict with mask wearing.  They made the main st one way and let restaurants put tables outside. Friend and I ate out on a deck but once on main st wore masks(as required due to crowding). On the drive there and back from Boulder, however, very hit or miss with mask wearing. I usually stop once during the drive and the gas stations/bathrooms was half mask half no mask even though signs on doors said masks required. It is perplexing to me, I don’t feel like outside it is necessary but inside yes. 

2 hours ago, toast21602 said:

Throwback to last month's ignorance! 

Sounds like Larry Kudlow on CNBC in December 2007 saying there is no recession coming and the housing market is not going to implode. He said that was all hype and scare tactics from the media. We all saw what happened there. Actually, this week Larry Kudlow was on TV  saying there will be no second wave of Covid-19.

I've come to learn whatever Larry Kudlow tells you to expect the complete opposite.

Edited by skifreak
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1