Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

My sister works as a respiratory therapist at Christiania Healthcare in Delaware and she’s been told to expect to work OT in the coming weeks due to increasing cases. Seems like most hospitals around here are preparing early for a “second” wave. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Zonked congrats on getting engaged?  Also if coming into the office is optional I’d work from home.  The next few weeks I see cases spiking...

Thanks! I still go into work about once a month right now for payroll purposes. Only essential employees have been allowed to go in at all. So really its been only 4-5 employees in randomly over the past 4 months so I felt safe. We will see going forward

2 minutes ago, Zonked said:

Thanks! I still go into work about once a month right now for payroll purposes. Only essential employees have been allowed to go in at all. So really its been only 4-5 employees in randomly over the past 4 months so I felt safe. We will see going forward

I’m still leary about having customers in my office.  If somebody is really pushy can meet with them at outside picnic table.  

It will be interesting to see what happens with my offices reopening the office plans. As of now, we are still planning to open July 13th with some strict guidelines in place but with numbers on the rise again I don't see many people coming back to work. In fact, I do worry a bit since I have been on contact with my family. My parents are in their 60's and my mom has health issues and depends heavily on my Dad so I don't want either of them to get sick. I will probably limit my time at the office.
Also, for those who I am not facebook friends with -  I got engaged last week! my boyfriend (fiance..? weird) had big plans for the proposal and he kept waiting for things to get somewhat normal again but they really haven't. And with the numbers on the rise, instead of waiting any longer he decided to pop the question at home. Pandemic proposal. 

Congratulations!
  • Like 1

Our CEO sent out an email Friday saying he wanted to start bringing people back to work next week.  They also said that in May, but that didn't happen.  Most people, at least in accounting, can do most of the stuff from home, so I'm not sure why they want everyone back in the office.

I went for a short hike at French Creek Park yesterday with the wife and kid...walked by the pool and there was definitely over 250 people there...I would say closer to 400 if I had to guess.  People having cookouts and parties, and the pool was so crowded you couldn't move more than 2 feet without running into someone.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PSUFly said:

Our CEO sent out an email Friday saying he wanted to start bringing people back to work next week.  They also said that in May, but that didn't happen.  Most people, at least in accounting, can do most of the stuff from home, so I'm not sure why they want everyone back in the office.

I went for a short hike at French Creek Park yesterday with the wife and kid...walked by the pool and there was definitely over 250 people there...I would say closer to 400 if I had to guess.  People having cookouts and parties, and the pool was so crowded you couldn't move more than 2 feet without running into someone.  

Wow just wow the allentown public pools are closed this summer.  I just don’t know how people are so comfortable being in such close proximity to strangers.  

I guess that’s high for a Monday.  Back to 700-800 by Friday??  Four digits maybe next week or following...you’re lucky to be in carbon county. Was never bad there. 

The upward trend seems to be western PA. If we do go to quadruple digits I'm wondering if it'll be due to a surge in Allegheny County.

1 minute ago, RidgeRacer said:

The upward trend seems to be western PA. If we do go to quadruple digits I'm wondering if it'll be due to a surge in Allegheny County.

Its starting there because they opened earlier than here in the east. Expect cases to rise here shortly. 

1 minute ago, Benm said:

Beltzville lake was at full capacity this past weekend. 

This doesnt surprise me at all.  I really dont think Beltzville attracts the smartest people, or at least to the beach.  I think Mauch Chunk is limited to Carbon Co residents only, therefore making Beltzville even more attractive to the masses.  .  

Its a shame the beach at Beltzville gets so shitted up.  I took waverunners there at one point and had a great time.  As long as you stayed away from the beach.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Benm said:

Beltzville lake was at full capacity this past weekend. 

Haven’t been since I was a kid..I think people this summer are recreating close to home.  I heard that the jersey shore has been packed.  I haven’t gone east of airport road or west of Breinigsville yet during pandemic.  Haven’t even been on the turnpike 

3 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Lehigh county numbers were pretty high last week 20-30 new daily cases and Philadelphia high as well.  Allegheny county was just under 100 daily cases a day this last weekend which really isn’t that crazy with population over one million.  Numbers will surely surge statewide.  I was actually a bit optimistic leading into the yellow but now based on the average intelligence of Americans any shred of optimism has gone by the wayside.  My local bar is doing temperature checks which is something and bartender I chatted with this morning said it was dead inside all weekend so that’s something positive. 

Haven’t been since I was a kid..I think people this summer are recreating close to home.  I heard that the jersey shore has been packed.  I haven’t gone east of airport road or west of Breinigsville yet during pandemic.  Haven’t even been on the turnpike 

A bunch of kids from here went to Jersey and MD beaches for senior week and apparently schools from all over descended there. They all intermingled and hung out at the same places apparently. Not good. Not sure how parents were ok with their kids going.
  • Sad 1

beaches down here are crowded, but I don't think any more crowded than normal. Yesterday was probably the most crowded it's been surfing this summer so far. Luckily, still easy to keep my distance from people out in the water. Lots of restaurants are getting creative with outdoor seating setups, but stuff in Somers Point looks completely insane. This one place called "The Point" had their parking lot completely packed the other day. It's all outdoor dining on a beach on the bay, but the place isn't that big to accommodate all those people. I'll stick to grocery delivery/pickup and cooking at home, or takeout. Beer delivery has been great, too :)

2 hours ago, PSUFly said:

We were there camping last weekend and the pool wasn't going off yet, but I wondered when it would be back to normal.  We still skipped it anyway.  It's always disgusting even without Covid.

1 hour ago, toast21602 said:

Health officials in Michigan linked 85+ positive cases to a single bar during one weekend of being open. 

I don’t think bars should be open right now. For outside sure but most aren’t keeping a handle on social distancing indoors or outdoors.  One of the old timers I’m FB friends with was so happy we hit green. He was at Big Woodys bar on Friday and dined inside Perkins and the brass rail over the weekend. He did say at bar people have to sit 6 feet apart unless related and every other table removed.  At Perkins it’s mostly booths so I imagine every other booth used. 

• Like 1