Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

3 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Actually i found some good info in it.  Delco is #3 by total cases.  But, its not #3 in cases for today.  I take that as a small victory.  WTF is going on in Allegheny that they are all fucked up? To beat out Philadelphia County they really gotta work at it.......

Edit - Allegheny = Pittsburgh.  Duh.  Sort of makes a little sense, but why now?

Allegheny went to green before us which means they opened their bars earlier.  

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Allegheny went to green before us which means they opened their bars earlier.  

yup. I'd expect a similar trend here. Especially with the pictures of the shit shows that I saw over the last few weeks

14 minutes ago, Benm said:

i did the data for the last 5 days. i believe there are only 3 counties with an increase each day. Allegheny, Luzerne (minor) and Lycoming (minor).

if anyone wants to look, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VoeV8LsFEMbLk4OcHPKj_TP0ksHPkYKveaKi8PgzRko/edit?usp=sharing

Gonna be near impossible for an increase five days in a row as last tests are processed Saturdays and Sundays for Sunday and Monday reporting. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Everything about this pandemic has been fascinating to me.  This is probably the biggest news story of our lives.  A lot of learning and adapting and FB newsfeed filled with ads for various masks.  

There was a story on the news last night about these facemask ads.
Seems a lot of them are scams; take your order, charge your card, never ship anything.

3 minutes ago, indiggio said:

There was a story on the news last night about these facemask ads.
Seems a lot of them are scams; take your order, charge your card, never ship anything.

The ones I ordered yesterday were recommended by somebody on the Teton gravity forum and a legit company but I believe it.  

• Like 1

Allegheny county really didn't have many cases for a long time. So I think a lot of the spike right now is the first wave that never really showed up there. The problem now is, they were open before us because of the low numbers and now that the virus showed up it is spreading like wildfire. Erie wasn't hard hit either.

I can’t even...young adults in Alabama are growing coronavirus parties where people with coronavirus attended and first person infected gets a payout.  Sure maybe they wanna get it to get it over with like chicken pox but they can infect others and also why would anybody want to be sick and we don’t know the long lasting health issues that may present themselves to those who have been infected.  I need all the lung capacity possible for bong bits and hiking back up ski slopes to gather gear in my once annual yard sales  

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/02/us/alabama-coronavirus-parties-trnd/index.html?utm_source=fbCNN&utm_medium=social&utm_content=2020-07-02T12%3A15%3A05&utm_term=link&fbclid=IwAR2pn_UD-zp52E0GK5SqYuGUiquFeZaHC6WeHCpGYX3wCAFYtKMFIPFhE2c

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Had to go to Walmart tonight to return something I ordered through their website. I'd say it was about a 65 - 35 mask to non mask ratio...a lot of kids with no mask. People aren't listening.

That’s insane everywhere I’ve gone has been 99-1..liquor store, wegmans, Whole Foods, drug stores and mini markets basically. 

• Like 1

I can’t even...young adults in Alabama are growing coronavirus parties where people with coronavirus attended and first person infected gets a payout.  Sure maybe they wanna get it to get it over with like chicken pox but they can infect others and also why would anybody want to be sick and we don’t know the long lasting health issues that may present themselves to those who have been infected.  I need all the lung capacity possible for bong bits and hiking back up ski slopes to gather gear in my once annual yard sales  

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/02/us/alabama-coronavirus-parties-trnd/index.html?utm_source=fbCNN&utm_medium=social&utm_content=2020-07-02T12%3A15%3A05&utm_term=link&fbclid=IwAR2pn_UD-zp52E0GK5SqYuGUiquFeZaHC6WeHCpGYX3wCAFYtKMFIPFhE2c

People are simply dumbasses. I have no other explanation and I can't rack my brain trying to figure stupid shit out anymore.

38 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Typically most people I see have a mask on. Tonight was strange...it was like they were brazen about it too. I don't get it.

I don’t get it.  My friends best friend is in Mexico now on vacation..like why not reschedule.  I was reading on Teton gravity forums about somebody flying out of Dallas on American Airlines.  He said half of the young adults in the airport weren’t wearing masks, the plane was packed and he had middle seat between two guys with noses hanging out of masks.  Somebody on FB post a video from a western PA bar...looked mellow but then I noticed bartender...WTF..sorry if I sound like a Karen but how the fuck are we going to at least try to contain this virus a bit.  

99E51667-1476-44BD-A8B9-AA15C17B49F6.png

1 hour ago, indiggio said:

Evidently there's a new strain of COVID around that's more infectious but may have less severe impact.

https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-07-infectious-strain-covid-dominates-global.html

They’ve been talking about that for like a month..

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.reviewjournal.com/life/health/coronavirus-strain-in-nevada-may-be-more-contagious-2047925/amp/

or two

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.jpost.com/health-science/new-coronavirus-strain-more-contagious-than-original-study-627206/amp

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich