Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

2 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I wonder how many business’s would just flat out defy the order to go back to yellow phase. 

In more rural, less regulated counties I would imagine a decent number. 

8 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I wonder how many business’s would just flat out defy the order to go back to yellow phase. 

imo very few if it means losing a business license or some other sanction.

trying to lock down the public (no gatherings, parties, etc) on the other hand, i doubt they'd be able to control it now that people have gotten a taste of interaction again.

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

995..next week we should go back to yellow.  The indoor bars and dining is dumb.  Customers don’t wear masks servers and bartenders barely do. 

Of note is there were 16,500 tests conducted so a 6% positivity rate which is a bit higher than the 4-5% it’s been. 17 new cases in Lehigh county. 

730A445B-2F7B-4A8F-A380-9D6F06ECAD53.jpeg

1.4% of People in Philadelphia have had Covid-19 according to the above map. 

0.71% of people in Pennsylvania have had Covid-19 according to the above map. 

Statewide that means 99.29% of people have not had it! 

8 minutes ago, Schif said:

Those numbers do not include those that have it, haven't been tested, but can still spread it.

1 minute ago, trackbiker said:

Those numbers do not include those that have it, haven't been tested, but can still spread it.

Then I suppose none of the numbers we keep looking at daily really matter as much as we think. 

Some do. Some don't. The number of daily positives doesn't mean anything unless the total of number of daily tests is about the same every day. The percentage of positives is important as it shows if the trend is up or down. Not intending to pick on you in anyway but your 0.71% isn't correct because you don't know how many who weren't tested have it. It would only mean something statistically if a much larger random sample of people were tested.

3 minutes ago, trackbiker said:

Some do. Some don't. The number of daily positives doesn't mean anything unless the total of number of daily tests is about the same every day. The percentage of positives is important as it shows if the trend is up or down. Not intending to pick on you in anyway but your 0.71% isn't correct because you don't know how many who weren't tested have it. It would only mean something statistically if a much larger random sample of people were tested.

Excellent point. We aren't looking at a random sample and that's an issue as well. Percentage of positives can show that either more people are coming down with this, or that fewer people without symptoms are getting tested if it's going up, or that the testing centers are seeing more healthy, but concerned people. Also an issue with the percentage of positives would be people that are tested multiple times. One person can show up as a data point a few times if they are tested over and over for whatever reason. 

Turns out that 400 of the new cases reported today were backlogged or delayed.  Sheesh no wonder many don’t trust the media and government.  At least it was reported on.  Just like how people bring up how Dr. Fauci said 3+ months ago masks weren’t needed.  Since then he’s said but people still harp on the first thing he said because he didn’t want civilians stockpiling PPE. 

https://www.wfmz.com/health/coronavirus/nearly-1-000-new-infections-in-pa-include-delayed-test-results/article_eca60222-c078-11ea-8cc9-97b02cb28b0b.html?fbclid=IwAR3NZaXLBgR_gCR77yj419NjMxpNO2yld-UtW1qHKkHJ2td4DQqoEf4xmYY

Turns out that 400 of the new cases reported today were backlogged or delayed.  Sheesh no wonder many don’t trust the media and government.  At least it was reported on.  Just like how people bring up how Dr. Fauci said 3+ months ago masks weren’t needed.  Since then he’s said but people still harp on the first thing he said because he didn’t want civilians stockpiling PPE. 

https://www.wfmz.com/health/coronavirus/nearly-1-000-new-infections-in-pa-include-delayed-test-results/article_eca60222-c078-11ea-8cc9-97b02cb28b0b.html?fbclid=IwAR3NZaXLBgR_gCR77yj419NjMxpNO2yld-UtW1qHKkHJ2td4DQqoEf4xmYY

Silver lining I guess.

7300 plus in Florida. Disney world opening on Saturday

3 hours ago, Schif said:

Yeah herd immunity will take a long time at this rate.  Likely a couple more tiles as many people have had it and never been tested as well but still the penetration at best is a couple percent. 

Arizona universities are still planning on full on in person classes and student housing. So far not even a option for virtual yet. Got move in date today...UGH. Desks will supposedly be spaced out and masks will be required in class. Wow....because college students will be confined to their classrooms 24 / 7? SMH.

1 minute ago, RidgeRacer said:

Arizona universities are still planning on full on in person classes and student housing. So far not even a option for virtual yet. Got move in date today...UGH. Desks will supposedly be spaced out and masks will be required in class. Wow....because college students will be confined to their classrooms 24 / 7? SMH.

Same with Muhlenberg College..no fall sports.  I’m sure a lot of the students will wear masks like McDonald’s and mini market employees as a chin guard 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

54,000+ new cases today and 950 new deaths in the US. Most new deaths in the US in several weeks.  ICUs are full at many hospitals in many states. The projections of 200-240,000 deaths in the US by November 1st are low. 

My sister works in an icu outside of Wilmington DE. They have to report how full the icu is and which patients are COVID, but she’s fairly certain the media is taking the first number. They have more gunshot patients in that icu than COVID yet local media is reporting said hospitals ICU beds are quickly filling up with new COVID patients 

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

People on the morning calls comments are freaking out that masks are gonna be required in school this fall in PA

I really am surprised at how some people even manage to make their way through life. Americans are even dumber than I thought. It doesn't take too much critical thought to see how the rest of the world did much better than the U.S. BECAUSE THEY WORE MASKS.

This graph is from the NYT today.

image.png.3fcde85d12ac12e6e4d0168bd14b4118.png

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, trackbiker said:

I really am surprised at how some people even manage to make their way through life. Americans are even dumber than I thought. It doesn't take too much critical thought to see how the rest of the world did much better than the U.S. BECAUSE THEY WORE MASKS.

This graph is from the NYT today.

image.png.3fcde85d12ac12e6e4d0168bd14b4118.png

Happy to see PA didnt make the list.  Sometimes you have to celebrate the small victories.  

But yeah.  WTF.  This shouldnt be that difficult.  

• Like 1