Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

21 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

The Allentown Fair has been cancelled. Doug will have to parking lot pimp at his hotelhouse instead. 

Forget that, the real tragedy here is that the Pittston Tomato Festival is cancelled.

https://www.citizensvoice.com/news/coronavirus/pittston-tomato-festival-canceled-due-to-coronavirus-concerns/article_a2adb9dd-5257-54a2-95c3-5b2e96c9c42a.html

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

The Allentown Fair has been cancelled. Doug will have to parking lot pimp at his hotelhouse instead. 

It’s not fair lol I don’t understand how Dorney Park can be open though. The Greek gyro and spanokopita fest is still on in Bethlehem. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

11 hours ago, Kyle said:

My sister works in an icu outside of Wilmington DE. They have to report how full the icu is and which patients are COVID, but she’s fairly certain the media is taking the first number. They have more gunshot patients in that icu than COVID yet local media is reporting said hospitals ICU beds are quickly filling up with new COVID patients 

And we wonder why people don’t trust the media. 

Just now, Benm said:

still waiting to see decision on bloomsburg fair. kept meaning to hit up berrigans over the last few years and now it's closed for good. fml.

I feel your pain. We lost Ruby Tuesday’s. Goodbye Ruby Tuesday your salad bar was pretty dank..free refills on all the soft dranks yeah I’m gonna miss you. 

18 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

And we wonder why people don’t trust the media. 

A full ICU is a full ICU regardless of the amount of COVID patients admitted. The point is that there are not enough surge beds if critical COVID cases are admitted. If an ICU is full, that leaves less bed availability for critical COVID and any other medical issue that requires critical care. Increasing numbers of cases leads to increasing need for medical care and strain on health systems. 

16 minutes ago, Benm said:

i'm going with 849 today*

*the official total, not the graph since yesterday it was way off from their actual numbers

I'm guessing there are sports starved gamblers somewhere betting on the daily totals. 

Edited by Schif
  • Love 1

34 minutes ago, Schif said:

I'm guessing there are sports starved gamblers somewhere betting on the daily totals. 

I never follow sportsball but Coronavirus I check the worldwide and nationwide numbers more than the Wolf of Wall Street pops Quaaludes. 

My guess is 777

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The Greek gyro and spanokopita fest is still on in Bethlehem. 

Our spring festival was cancelled, this is a new event to try to replace is as the spring and fall festival account for a huge portion of the budget.

To go only with on-line ordering:

https://www.clover.com/online-ordering/st-nicholas-greek-orthodox-cathedral-bethlehem?fbclid=IwAR2VbVjQcfx9LI2Z4Iw47ga69KyrNKAH0oQy2UdcawEPISdza44jLM-Haww

107168025_3165815046788180_5456409553509904748_o.jpg

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, mbike-ski said:

Our spring festival was cancelled, this is a new event to try to replace is as the spring and fall festival account for a huge portion of the budget.

To go only with on-line ordering:

https://www.clover.com/online-ordering/st-nicholas-greek-orthodox-cathedral-bethlehem?fbclid=IwAR2VbVjQcfx9LI2Z4Iw47ga69KyrNKAH0oQy2UdcawEPISdza44jLM-Haww

107168025_3165815046788180_5456409553509904748_o.jpg

I hope they don’t give me shit for ordering a gyro with no sauce.  I don’t like yogurt but like adding hot sauce to gyros.  Every Greek place I’ve been to when I said no sauce for gyro they’re like,”are you out of your mind it’s the best part” lol

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I hope they don’t give me shit for ordering a gyro with no sauce.  I don’t like yogurt but like adding hot sauce to gyros.  Every Greek place I’ve been to when I said no sauce for gyro they’re like,”are you out of your mind it’s the best part” lol

i'm actually gonna side with doug on this one; also not a fan of yogurt on meat

• Sad 2