Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

Just made the decision I will not be returning to hockey on Monday until this all gets better.  Sitting on a bench shoulder to shoulder freaks me out.

my uncle tested positive a few days ago but luckily he seems to be doing better now.  Crazy thing is he is the family member who took this the most serious and was the most cautious.  Unfortunately my cousin has been going to the shore and beaches recently, so that’s probably where he got it

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Just made the decision I will not be returning to hockey on Monday until this all gets better.  Sitting on a bench shoulder to shoulder freaks me out.

my uncle tested positive a few days ago but luckily he seems to be doing better now.  Crazy thing is he is the family member who took this the most serious and was the most cautious.  Unfortunately my cousin has been going to the shore and beaches recently, so that’s probably where he got it

Smart decision TP4.  I made the same decision about indoor bars and indoor dining.  So your uncle has been careful but hangs out with somebody who’s not careful that means he’s not being careful.   He must have been pretty sick if he got tested.  Did your cousin get tested. 

11 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Smart decision TP4.  I made the same decision about indoor bars and indoor dining.  So your uncle has been careful but hangs out with somebody who’s not careful that means he’s not being careful.   He must have been pretty sick if he got tested.  Did your cousin get tested. 

Saying he got it from my cousin is my guess/opinion, not sure if that is the case or not.  No idea if my cousin got tested.  My uncle had  a bad fever and got tested.  Talked to him tonight and he’s doing well

Edited by theprogram4
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

you've changed your tune.  smart. sorry to hear about your uncle, though.

Just now, AtomicSkier said:

you've changed your tune.  smart. sorry to hear about your uncle, though.

I wouldn’t necessarily say that, as throughout this whole thing I’ve been more careful than your average person.  Certainly not as careful as people on here, but I’ve been rocking my masks and gloves since day one, and my hand washing is on point 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

I wouldn’t necessarily say that, as throughout this whole thing I’ve been more careful than your average person.  Certainly not as careful as people on here, but I’ve been rocking my masks and gloves since day one, and my hand washing is on point 

I never wore gloves.  Have hand sanitizer at work in car and in hotel house.  TP4 how have your customers been with mask wearing? And handshakes.   I elbow bumped a customer the other day. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I never wore gloves.  Have hand sanitizer at work in car and in hotel house.  TP4 how have your customers been with mask wearing? And handshakes.   I elbow bumped a customer the other day. 

Gloves often give a false sense of safety. Better off just washing hands often unless you are changing your gloves between everything you touch.

• Like 4

I just put my gym membership on hold which I am bummed about. They opened back up a month ago with strict policies. But every time I go less and less people are wearing masks (even though it’s mandatory) and people are not sanitizing equipment like they are supposed to. Ordered a TRX, gonna see how Much I can do with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Barb said:

I just put my gym membership on hold which I am bummed about. They opened back up a month ago with strict policies. But every time I go less and less people are wearing masks (even though it’s mandatory) and people are not sanitizing equipment like they are supposed to. Ordered a TRX, gonna see how Much I can do with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smart move..cases are going up in Colorado.  Chippy was saying that masks aren’t even required in most Colorado counties.  Said tons of maskless folks at Target.  My friend bought a $2,000 spin bike since she’s not returning to the gym. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, toast21602 said:

Gloves often give a false sense of safety. Better off just washing hands often unless you are changing your gloves between everything you touch.

The glove wearing kind of cracks me up, although i do wear gloves to get gas.  Put gloves on, pump gas, throw them away.  People shopping in gloves.  They touch everything.  And then the car keys, and the door handle.....

And how many people actually know how to take them off properly?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mixilplix said:

Pumping gas is the only thing I wear gloves for....

Yesterday was the first time I put gas in the Jeep since March 20th..

That’s crazy. How far away is your job from where you live?  I get gas about every 2+ weeks during this. I have a lease and this is keeping me way way way under the miles..I might have to go to Vermont next season just so I can use up all the miles. 

I do drive thru at the bank 1-2 times a week and the tube you put checks in to me is real germy so put hand sanitizer on hands after I touch it.  The not touching face thing is the only thing I’ve stopped doing.  

lets talk about people not being able to even dispose of gloves properly... ppl are assholes. i'm waiting for the day i see someone just throw that shit on the ground. 

Edited by Benm
  • Like 3

lets talk about people not being able to even dispose of gloves properly... ppl are assholes. i'm waiting for the day i see someone just throw that shit on the ground. 

I can't even count the number of gloves and masks that I've been seeing on the ground outside of supermarkets and whatnot. Disgusting.
  • Like 2

Somebody on Facebook wrote they’re sick or the Coronavirus. I said well the Coronavirus isn’t sick of you.  Last two days 60k+ new cases in the US and almost 1,000 new deaths each day. 

They should be thankful that they aren't sick WITH coronavirus. I hate Facebook.

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

They should be thankful that they aren't sick WITH coronavirus. I hate Facebook.

When were you on Facebook?  I like it because I know what people I was in tenth grade Spanish class with are having for lunch today and their views on medicine even though they mostly failed out of college.