Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Most cases can be traced to in home gatherings and bars..

Of course, they admitted they are not asking about riots. The media has to cover their asses.  Tens of thousands of rioters didn’t get it, but people eating out did.  Makes sense

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, theprogram4 said:

Of course, they admitted they are not asking about riots. The media has to cover their asses.  Tens of thousands of rioters didn’t get it, but people eating out did.  Makes sense

You can’t lump protesters and rioters in the same category.  Protests are outdoors and most wear masks where indoor dining masks are off for the diners and air conditioning circulates the virus around.  If I want some yummy in my tummy I’ll do takeout. 

The other day people were even eating inside at Wendy’s.  About 15 cars in the lot at the parkland diner near my work...mostly 80+ year olds...more business for me. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You can’t lump protesters and rioters in the same category.  Protests are outdoors and most wear masks where indoor dining masks are off for the diners and air conditioning circulates the virus around.  If I want some yummy in my tummy I’ll do takeout. 

The other day people were even eating inside at Wendy’s.  About 15 cars in the lot at the parkland diner near my work...mostly 80+ year olds...more business for me. 

maxresdefault.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTqTm5AFVSe5tJmNZcGWFi

minneapolis-1.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Benm said:

sorry, but you can't hate on the protests because "This is a historic moment of change. We have to respect that..."

The hypocrisy is amazing.  People are getting treated like they’re stupid for stating the obvious

Edited by theprogram4
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Let me preface this with skiing is miniscule in the grand scheme of everything. That said I'm wondering what these newly increased numbers across the US will mean for ski season as there doesn't seem to be an end in sight. Will 6 of us be making the mad dash for first chair or will it be less? Will we need to be 6 feet apart in line? Will Blue be passholders only (or open at all)? Will we be traveling? Will states like CO or VT require mandatory quarantines rendering a trip to those places pointless? Lots of question marks.

• Sad 2

15 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Let me preface this with skiing is miniscule in the grand scheme of everything. That said I'm wondering what these newly increased numbers across the US will mean for ski season as there doesn't seem to be an end in sight. Will 6 of us be making the mad dash for first chair or will it be less? Will we need to be 6 feet apart in line? Will Blue be passholders only (or open at all)? Will we be traveling? Will states like CO or VT require mandatory quarantines rendering a trip to those places pointless? Lots of question marks.

Lots of question marks and we probably won't know for a while, but at this rate, things are going to get shitty again - and fast. Our parking lot sausage fest will definitely be different and I don't think we will all be putting our hands into @mute1080's balls or @JFskiDan's chips anytime soon.

• Sad 1

It'll come down to whether or not they can operate profitably with diminished lodge services. If they can't cram people into the lodges to eat on MLK weekend will it still be worth blowing all that snow? 

Hard to say. Someone is surely crunching numbers in the background. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I honestly think by then people will be so burnt out in this that it won’t be much different.  Blue doesn’t have the lift capacity to only allow 2 per quad or six pack...a reservation system would be a total shit show.  Blue does not have the business model to limit daily ticket sales much during peak periods.  I do think masks will be required at least on the lifts and liftlines...I’m not wearing it on my runs...I like skiing with my mouth open and getting cookie chunks in my mouth at least NMSki doesn’t have those skis with the crazy spray anymore.   Thanks for bringing up skiing I miss it.  

28 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Lots of question marks and we probably won't know for a while, but at this rate, things are going to get shitty again - and fast. Our parking lot sausage fest will definitely be different and I don't think we will all be putting our hands into @mute1080's balls or @JFskiDan's chips anytime soon.

I can bring lunchbox sized bags of chips...Root doesn’t like Doritos. @saltyant you’re gonna have to stand six feet away from me when I’m debooting.  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

County by county numbers and according to state rep, todays cases were high because 175 dditional results are not from the last 24 hours they were an influx of private lab results. Also 18,600 tests in the state which I believe is a record so positivity still around 5%.  In the hot states like Florida, Texas and Arizona positivity is 15-25+ %

23489E9A-F375-4691-8FCE-3DF34CCBBA3B.jpeg

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

People think the national coin shortage is a conspiracy theory while I’m wondering why this lady is wearing her mask like a muppet. 

2131520D-F329-49D6-A5F5-CDD7C2DBFF42.png

She’s buying Vladimir......