Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

alleg county has more today than any other day in the last 2 weeks (331) but it seemed underreported yesterday (71). phl is still around average for a normal day so they're prob backlogged a day still. greater phl area coming in strong with 5 of top 6.

ALLEGHENY - 331
PHILADELPHIA - 141
CHESTER - 37
DELAWARE - 37
BUCKS - 32
MONTGOMERY - 31

2 minutes ago, Benm said:

alleg county has more today than any other day in the last 2 weeks (331) but it seemed underreported yesterday (71). phl is still around average for a normal day so they're prob backlogged a day still. greater phl area coming in strong with 5 of top 6.

ALLEGHENY - 331
PHILADELPHIA - 141
CHESTER - 37
DELAWARE - 37
BUCKS - 32
MONTGOMERY - 31

Likely a data dump from private test sites. What’s the total for PA

"Philadelphia officials are expected to announce Tuesday that all large, public events through the end of February will be canceled or postponed."

i had to re-read that twice before i realized it was next year.

Edited by Benm

36 minutes ago, Benm said:

"Philadelphia officials are expected to announce Tuesday that all large, public events through the end of February will be canceled or postponed."

i had to re-read that twice before i realized it was next year.

Have you ever been to the Mummers parade?  They can still have it as long as it’s called a protest lol. 

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Have you ever been to the Mummers parade?  They can still have it as long as it’s called a protest lol. 

yeah. sitting on the sofa watching it on TV drinking away the hangover from NYE is way better than being there tho.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

In today’s morning call article with the numbers if they post the caveat that some of the data was backlogged people trust shit even less.  

You can still trust the numbers. People need to realize that there has been a national testing fuckup since the beginning so getting numbers on time and reporting is going to be challenge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Benm said:

yeah. sitting on the sofa watching it on TV drinking away the hangover from NYE is way better than being there tho.

Going easy on NYE and day drinking at the parade is fun though

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Schif said:

Going easy on NYE and day drinking at the parade is fun though

yeah lots of people love it, i'm probably in the minority. i just can't do the crowds, nowhere to piss because i'd be drinking and, usually, freezing conditions. lmao at goign easy on NYE, that ain't me.

i'd love to actually be in it tho.

21 minutes ago, Benm said:

yeah lots of people love it, i'm probably in the minority. i just can't do the crowds, nowhere to piss because i'd be drinking and, usually, freezing conditions. lmao at goign easy on NYE, that ain't me.

i'd love to actually be in it tho.

I can probably get you into the allentown Puerto Rican day parade next year.  

• Confused 1

On 7/13/2020 at 10:13 AM, theprogram4 said:

The beach seems to spread it well.  One of my coworkers is in quarantine since his son and friends went to the beach, and all 5 came back sick.  Luckily my coworker hasn’t been here since coming into contract with his son and friends.  Doesn’t surprise me, Avalon was popping 2 weeks ago.

my other co-worker just called to make a doctors appt, and is all mad that the receptionist asked him if he had any symptoms.  “Ma’am I’m a marine, we don’t get that shit.” (Actual quote)

His kid tested negative

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Today’s map

51478C05-4971-4DB0-8EC0-213128B55478.jpeg

Good map! I especially like the 12 mile Arc in the bottom right. Quite the unique feature when drawing state lines. 

Thanks Mason and Dixon!

• Like 2