Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

2 hours ago, toast21602 said:

How does that work? Just a giant bar

Pretty small actually. Horseshoe shape, 20 seats? They made outside accoms recently. Not bad, a few picnic tables. There is food, plenty but food isnt a big part of the operations. its the lack of seating tho, I dunno. Its usually just at the bar. There's an adjoining hall that could prob be utilized. 

2 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

So, define “food”. Crackers?  

First thing I said to my wife - sell a bag of chips for 25c with every bucket. 

18 minutes ago, Benm said:

Pretty small actually. Horseshoe shape, 20 seats? They made outside accoms recently. Not bad, a few picnic tables. There is food, plenty but food isnt a big part of the operations. its the lack of seating tho, I dunno. Its usually just at the bar. There's an adjoining hall that could prob be utilized. 

That is what I figured. The club I used to belong to was just like that but I haven't been there in years so I'm not sure what it looks like now.

3 hours ago, Benm said:

First thing I said to my wife - sell a bag of chips for 25c with every bucket. 

25 cents for a bag of chips.  1997 Delco called and they want their chip prices back. STFU GSS you’re used to paying $1.10 for an ounce and a half of Doritos from the vending machine at the hotel house..you wanker 

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

25 cents for a bag of chips.  1997 Delco called and they want their chip prices back. STFU GSS you’re used to paying $1.10 for an ounce and a half of Doritos from the vending machine at the hotel house..you wanker 

If it means being able to stay open and selling another $4 beer or $6-8 mixed drink I’m willing to bet a bar would sell $.25 bags of chips. 

23 minutes ago, Kyle said:

If it means being able to stay open and selling another $4 beer or $6-8 mixed drink I’m willing to bet a bar would sell $.25 bags of chips. 

i read some sort of article a long time ago about a place selling hotdogs for like $5 or some shit with a free beer or something like that. ppl def get creative.

also, club is closed indefinitely. 

25 minutes ago, mbike-ski said:

curious to see how the microbreweries handle this, that's pretty much the only "bar" that i go to...

Most of the ones near Reading have food anyway so those shouldn't be an issue.  I think Levante never re-opened for bar service, but their curbside pickup is always packed.  I was planning on hitting Lost Tavern or maybe somewhere else when I go to the in-laws later this month, so I'm interested to see what they'll do.  

1 hour ago, mbike-ski said:

curious to see how the microbreweries handle this, that's pretty much the only "bar" that i go to...

Stopped in at LT last night to pick up a 4-pack of Martin.
They had the parking lot side open with tables scattered around.  A few people were there.  No need for masks at table, but have to wear them to go inside.
Inside they had plexiglass on top of the entire bar, so no sitting there.   A few people were sitting at the tables in the back.
Beer was self-serve out of a fridge right in the front, carry/pay at the bar.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, toast21602 said:

Same. I don't know if the new guidance was clear on how they can operate, unfortunately. 

The new guidance was muddy at best. I did see something last night that the new guidance said no sitting at a bar.

But back to a brewery with no food. BYOF?