Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

24 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Speaking of sheetz, the first time I saw a sheetz with outdoor dining was in Lebanon.  Also, I always see Golden Corral commercials and wonder where are these places...the answer is Lebanon

theres one in Atown. I used to clean their carpet with another guy. gross. absolutely gross. we would spend 20 min pulling shit out the the carpet by the chocolate fountain. we did the windows too and theres always people waiting in line before they even open at 10am.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Any hope I had of us mitigating this thing into non existence is gone.
Perhaps that was nieve but I had hope. If the virus is a war, like the politicans said it was, then we lost and essentially retreated. The win will come with a vaccine. I can't look at numbers anymore as its making me a bit insane. Won't post em anymore either. All I can do is everything the scientists say we should be doing...social distance, wear a mask, wash hands all the fucking time and load up on sanitizer, continue make sure my kids are educated about all of this and doing the same. So far they've been really great about it. They need to continue to be cognizant.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Any hope I had of us mitigating this thing into non existence is gone.
Perhaps that was nieve but I had hope. If the virus is a war, like the politicans said it was, then we lost and essentially retreated. The win will come with a vaccine. I can't look at numbers anymore as its making me a bit insane. Won't post em anymore either. All I can do is everything the scientists say we should be doing...social distance, wear a mask, wash hands all the fucking time and load up on sanitizer, continue make sure my kids are educated about all of this and doing the same. So far they've been really great about it. They need to continue to be cognizant.

Be happy that you live in a county that it’s not bad and you work from home. I do appreciate your optimism and we in Pennsylvania have generally done a good job.  I believe during the height of the “lockdown” travel was down like 50-70% in PA and Dr. Fauci said it would have to be down like 95% for a month followed by strict contact tracing protocol.  He said the only way to contain it now would be a total reset like the button on the Nintendo system.  

Im not that hopeful about a vaccine...it’s being rushed and to get enough doses and to have enough people to be willing to take the vaccine combined with the fact that it’s unknown how long antibodies last makes me a little skeptical. Could turn into like an annual booster shot which I’m cool with. 

Fauci says closing bars will do the trick...

"In his comments Friday, Fauci addressed the surges around the country, urging people to wear masks and pushing for the closure of bars to limit the spread of the virus.

"Stay away from crowds. Close the bars," Fauci said. "You appeal to the people in the local areas, close those bars. They are seriously the — one of the major reasons why we're seeing [the surges]."

"And I think, if we do that for a couple of weeks in a row," he continued, "I think we're going to see a turnaround, because we know that that works."

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

Fauci says closing bars will do the trick...

"In his comments Friday, Fauci addressed the surges around the country, urging people to wear masks and pushing for the closure of bars to limit the spread of the virus.

"Stay away from crowds. Close the bars," Fauci said. "You appeal to the people in the local areas, close those bars. They are seriously the — one of the major reasons why we're seeing [the surges]."

"And I think, if we do that for a couple of weeks in a row," he continued, "I think we're going to see a turnaround, because we know that that works."

Yeah, closing bars isn’t going to do the trick 

36 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I'm waiting for him to give his official opinion as to whether or not politicians should be giving protests a free pass. He'll never do it tho. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Benm said:

I'm waiting for him to give his official opinion as to whether or not politicians should be giving protests a free pass. He'll never do it tho. 

I’m still trying to figure out why outdoor gatherings like pro sporting events are banned. After all, I’ve been told you can’t get it outside in a crowd of thousands as long as roughly 75% of the people wear masks

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

I’m still trying to figure out why outdoor gatherings like pro sporting events are banned. After all, I’ve been told you can’t get it outside in a crowd of thousands as long as roughly 75% of the people wear masks

Yeah, like a stadium at 25% capacity seems kind of possible to me.  But I guess you still would have bathroom lines, food and drink lines, indoors on the concourses...

I don't know...I just want to know if we are skiing this year, or if I should buy an AT set up and forget about lifts operating.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kyle said:

That’s one of many things.  People are way to comfortable gathering with extended family and friends now.  I’m not talking about hanging out in some driveway drinking beers.  I mean full on breaking bread with people and posing for pictures on Facebook where everybody has their arms around each other.  At WaWa yesterday somebody had their shirt pulled up over their nose...they were with friends.  How on July 18th does somebody not have a mask and if they forgot their mask at home have friend order for them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tnt said:

Yeah, like a stadium at 25% capacity seems kind of possible to me.  But I guess you still would have bathroom lines, food and drink lines, indoors on the concourses...

I don't know...I just want to know if we are skiing this year, or if I should buy an AT set up and forget about lifts operating.

We’ll be skiing it just could be a little jerky jerky and where the heck are you gonna use AT equipment around here.  

1 hour ago, tnt said:

We’ll be skiing it just could be a little jerky jerky and where the heck are you gonna use AT equipment around here.  

Blue is offering scenic lift rides and even has a camp happening. If amusement parks can operate ski areas surely can.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

5 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

That’s one of many things.  People are way to comfortable gathering with extended family and friends now.  I’m not talking about hanging out in some driveway drinking beers.  I mean full on breaking bread with people and posing for pictures on Facebook where everybody has their arms around each other.  At WaWa yesterday somebody had their shirt pulled up over their nose...they were with friends.  How on July 18th does somebody not have a mask and if they forgot their mask at home have friend order for them. 

I’m aware of that, and agree it makes sense to close them, but what doesn’t make sense is how bars are being targeted but not the beach, public pools, dining, gyms, shops, etc etc. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yeah. we're thinking about moving.  Or selling our house and renting here and in he mountains.  Something.

I’m aware of that, and agree it makes sense to close them, but what doesn’t make sense is how bars are being targeted but not the beach, public pools, dining, gyms, shops, etc etc. 

I'm guessing that in stores and with outdoor dining social distancing is somewhat feasible. Not to mention that you can wear a mask in a store. Bars are close quarters...you're not wearing a mask while drinking a beer or breathing in everyone's cigarette smoke. Plus if you're gettin jiggy with it on the dancefloor with a lady you're not 6 feet apart from that person. At least Will Smith didn't think so.

Edit...do they even allow smoking in bars anymore?

17 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I'm guessing that in stores and with outdoor dining social distancing is somewhat feasible. Not to mention that you can wear a mask in a store. Bars are close quarters...you're not wearing a mask while drinking a beer or breathing in everyone's cigarette smoke. Plus if you're gettin jiggy with it on the dancefloor with a lady you're not 6 feet apart from that person. At least Will Smith didn't think so.

Edit...do they even allow smoking in bars anymore?

Only a small percentage of bars allow smoking. I know of two in the west end of allentown. 

If you’re living in this society right now you sort of have to watch this.  Chris Wallace is one of the best interviewers. Was not a softball interview like Hannity or Tucker would do.  It does saddens me that the consensus has gone from we have to fight this to we have to live with this.  I prob talk to a solid 10-12 people regularly via text or in person beyond PASR and most are pretty intelligent and know we’ve fucked up...the PASR community is at least one standard deviation above the mean in terms of IQ...there are some outliers but all in all most here are pretty responsible like switching to lower alcohol beers after higher ones...lol..but it does sadden me that there’s no national mandates on masks..a stricter lockdown would have helped..would hurt things financially more initially but I truly think 2020 won’t be the worst of things economically..was nice to wait till 7/15 to do my taxes...I owed money and paid on my credit card..points y’all that I can’t really use now. 

• Like 1