Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

5 hours ago, toast21602 said:
I saw that. And the tough guys on social media who call people snowflakes continue to melt down over a team changing their name. I love it.
Seattle got a new NHL team today too. Opening day for baseball. Lots going on in the sports world. Hopefully COVID doesn't end these already abbreviated seasons.

I love the new Seattle hockey teams logo and name. The best hockey logo ever has to be this though. Not sure why they changed it.

c0a7c41aa185d6286433ad436f903e7f.jpg

Edit.  Since we're talking logos...the greatest of all time would be this.

1200px-New_England_Patriots_logo_old.svg.png

Edited by RidgeRacer

24 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I love the new Seattle hockey teams logo and name. The best hockey logo ever has to be this though. Not sure why they changed it.

c0a7c41aa185d6286433ad436f903e7f.jpg

Edit.  Since we're talking logos...the greatest of all time would be this.

1200px-New_England_Patriots_logo_old.svg.png

The coyotes still use that logo as an alternate jersey. The logo looks cool, but the original jersey it was on was absolutely hideous. 

516F45E6-E1DC-41A3-B8F7-1998ECC729A1.png

Edited by Kyle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

I’m not a big politics person so I actually had to google it, but democratic. 

I googled in as well..anyway I might hold a great allentown fair protest...I really like walking by BoBo the clown and having him make fun of me and eating two steak sandwiches pierogies and a root beer float is living to me.  I usually only eat one steak sang but I need to compare and contrast. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, toast21602 said:

I can't believe that we are still having conversations about closing high-risk places and wearing masks while confirmed cases here continue to spike and the EU is pretty much under control - comparatively speaking. Those places aren't learning to live with it, they took care of it when they should have.

I think the move here would be to look at each state vs each European country. I mean at the end of the day there are only 2 more nations on earth with more people than us. If we keep looking at the USA as a monolith you're going to have a bad time. We are 50 unique little countries, some are doing well, some are not. 

We also have more freedom than most places (though as I said before we are shockingly OK with leaders stepping on that right now) so they can't lock us in our houses and spray us with Lysol cannons if we go out (I'm looking at you China) and we aren't going to cover up data (I see you China and Russia). 

This thing is here. It sucks. It's not going anywhere. I mean if we all go into hiding the numbers will surely go down. Then we come out and they go up. Lather rinse and repeat. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Schif said:

I think the move here would be to look at each state vs each European country. I mean at the end of the day there are only 2 more nations on earth with more people than us. If we keep looking at the USA as a monolith you're going to have a bad time. We are 50 unique little countries, some are doing well, some are not. 

We also have more freedom than most places (though as I said before we are shockingly OK with leaders stepping on that right now) so they can't lock us in our houses and spray us with Lysol cannons if we go out (I'm looking at you China) and we aren't going to cover up data (I see you China and Russia). 

This thing is here. It sucks. It's not going anywhere. I mean if we all go into hiding the numbers will surely go down. Then we come out and they go up. Lather rinse and repeat. 

No compare the entire US to the entire EU and population is very similar.  Americans are shits I’ve always known it..that doesn’t mean I don’t like living here but nobody will listen to anybody except the ones who do lol.  

Anyway third day in a row of 1100+ Covid deaths in the US..and the people who say that those who say people who listen to Dr. Fauci are sheep will say but one guy who died in a car crash I. Florida tested positive for Covid so it’s all fake news...ok time for another drink thanks Dr. Fauci I’ll make it a double. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

9 hours ago, Schif said:

I dont think we have to go into hiding to make things better.  Alot of us are living proof of that, going to work every day, being smart, making good decisions.  

Its my opinion bars and the likes will continue to be scrutinized, and remain a big issue.  I mean, at the end of the day, do you really have to go to the bar?  The answer is no.  you dont.  If there were no bars life would still go on.  We as Americans are stubborn, selfish, and feel its our god given right to go drink in a bar.  I do also realize that everyone can make a choice not to go into a bar, but its just really not that simple with the spread of Covid-19.  Just for the record, i'm all for shutting the bars down.  I do realize how unpopular that is, but it is what it is.  i want this thing in the rear view asap.  

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I dont think we have to go into hiding to make things better.  Alot of us are living proof of that, going to work every day, being smart, making good decisions.  

Its my opinion bars and the likes will continue to be scrutinized, and remain a big issue.  I mean, at the end of the day, do you really have to go to the bar?  The answer is no.  you dont.  If there were no bars life would still go on.  We as Americans are stubborn, selfish, and feel its our god given right to go drink in a bar.  I do also realize that everyone can make a choice not to go into a bar, but its just really not that simple with the spread of Covid-19.  Just for the record, i'm all for shutting the bars down.  I do realize how unpopular that is, but it is what it is.  i want this thing in the rear view asap.  

Same could be said for indoor/outdoor dining. Do people REALLY need to sit down and eat their food at a restaurant? No. We all lived with takeout for ~2 months. Shut it all back down if that’s what needs to be done. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Same could be said for indoor/outdoor dining. Do people REALLY need to sit down and eat their food at a restaurant? No. We all lived with takeout for ~2 months. Shut it all back down if that’s what needs to be done. 

That's my thoughts as well...I'm fine with shutting down the bars and just allowing bars/breweries to sell takeout beer...but then they should really go back to takeout/delivery only for restaurants.  Skip making up rules regarding on-site food consumption with alcohol and trying to enforce the rules and just shut things down like it was before.  

• Like 2

Just now, PSUFly said:

That's my thoughts as well...I'm fine with shutting down the bars and just allowing bars/breweries to sell takeout beer...but then they should really go back to takeout/delivery only for restaurants.  Skip making up rules regarding on-site food consumption with alcohol and trying to enforce the rules and just shut things down like it was before.  

I agree. People don't follow the rules anyway and owners don't want to piss off customers by enforcing them or have them get in their face about the rules. Just shut the bars down. They are the worst for social distancing.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Kyle said:

i would agree, but as far as dining, there is less risk, i would think.  

Everything Dan said... couldn't have said it better.

2 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

I like bars but bars during Covid even before the governors new restrictions are just not the same as the pre Covid days.  I’m not gonna be hugging lots of girls, singing karaoke, walking all around in circles like Steve urkel.  I’d be relegated to my seat, server or bartender sort of wearing a mask and avoiding people’s hugs and handshakes...also I take Uber’s and Uber’s aren’t something I’m comfortable with now...still better than a DUI but having a few drinks with friends outside very occasionally in somebodies driveway or at a bar/restaurant is my new normal that I’ve accepted.  

• Like 1

My dad got a call this morning his Covid test results came back, all they needed from him was his information, policy number, and social security number. 

he never got tested anywhere. 

the scammers are starting to emerge. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kyle said:

My dad got a call this morning his Covid test results came back, all they needed from him was his information, policy number, and social security number. 

Tons of scammers with unemployment and federal stimulus money.  

11 minutes ago, Kyle said:

We typically get anywhere between a half-dozen and dozen calls during the day from strange/unknown phone numbers, it's maddening.
We never answer them and they never leave a message.
I get a kick out of the people that answer them and then heckle them until the spammer hangs up.

5 minutes ago, indiggio said:

We typically get anywhere between a half-dozen and dozen calls during the day from strange/unknown phone numbers, it's maddening.
I get a kick out of the people that answer them and then heckle them until the spammer hangs up.

I fuck with telemarketers plenty.  They call my work a lot.  I was a telemarketer late high school and early college.  I always like when I get a call from an Indian dude with a name like Brian about an extended warranty for a 2014 Dodge Charger.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, indiggio said:

I like to play with them when I have time. I act interested in what they're selling, ask stupid questions, then give them fake info. I've even given them fake credit card numbers.

Wow! 1213?! Things are not getting better. I see more lock downs coming. The idiots who wanted to open up too soon to "save" the economy are ending up hurting it more than if they just would have listened to the experts in the first place.

• Like 1

I havent answered my home phone in years.  i distinctly remember getting exactly one message in the last year that was a legit call.  I do answer my cell, and have gotten tons of "the warranty on your car is about to expire" calls.  i ask them which car they are referring to.  They ask for the VIN.  i tell them "you called me about it, so you tell me.  i have 16 cars"  they hang up.  

Like RidgeRacer said, we are just going deeper into the woods.  1200 is bad.  i doubt we will lockdown like before, maybe similar, but bars, restaurants, laser tag, concerts, etc, will pay the price.  We as a society will continue to fuck this up, even though we know exactly what has to be done.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I havent answered my home phone in years.  i distinctly remember getting exactly one message in the last year that was a legit call.  I do answer my cell, and have gotten tons of "the warranty on your car is about to expire" calls.  i ask them which car they are referring to.  They ask for the VIN.  i tell them "you called me about it, so you tell me.  i have 16 cars"  they hang up.  

Like RidgeRacer said, we are just going deeper into the woods.  1200 is bad.  i doubt we will lockdown like before, maybe similar, but bars, restaurants, laser tag, concerts, etc, will pay the price.  We as a society will continue to fuck this up, even though we know exactly what has to be done.  

Why do you even have a home phone?  Even my parents don’t have a landline anymore. At my first allentown apartment I had the phone cable and internet package from RCN and had an actual landline number but never hooked a phone up.  I ran into an old high school friend at the bar and he was like,”WTF Doug” I said huh and he said that he tried to call me numerous times..apparently I was listed in the phone book.  Some of the younger PASRs probably don’t even remember phone books.