Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

6 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I havent answered my home phone in years.  i distinctly remember getting exactly one message in the last year that was a legit call.  I do answer my cell, and have gotten tons of "the warranty on your car is about to expire" calls.  i ask them which car they are referring to.  They ask for the VIN.  i tell them "you called me about it, so you tell me.  i have 16 cars"  they hang up.  

Like RidgeRacer said, we are just going deeper into the woods.  1200 is bad.  i doubt we will lockdown like before, maybe similar, but bars, restaurants, laser tag, concerts, etc, will pay the price.  We as a society will continue to fuck this up, even though we know exactly what has to be done.  

If I can't go play laser tag what's the point of even carrying on anymore? Laser tag is the only thing that gets me through summer with no skiing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I miss racing [mention=264]RidgeRacer[/mention] to post the days PA numbers. When the biggest optimist I know loses hope it’s sad.

1213 new cases for PA...

The reality is what it is. We fucked up. No two ways about it...all we can do is our part by wearing masks, social distancing, washing hands, educating our kids etc. So incredibly disappointing that the country didn't come together on this one. But like everything...we make it political and this time it seems to be biting us in the ass. just my take on this whole mess. Either way looking at numbers daily was making me crazy. It's not like I won't read about it but I had to stop the "it's noon...gotta check the numbers" routine but don't worry Doug....you know I'll be raving about conditions during those sweet night sessions at Blue.
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

The reality is what it is. We fucked up. No two ways about it...all we can do is our part by wearing masks, social distancing, washing hands, educating our kids etc. So incredibly disappointing that the country didn't come together on this one. But like everything...we make it political and this time it seems to be biting us in the ass. just my take on this whole mess. Either way looking at numbers daily was making me crazy. It's not like I won't read about it but I had to stop the "it's noon...gotta check the numbers" routine but don't worry Doug....you know I'll be raving about conditions during those sweet night sessions at Blue.

Can’t wait for ski season. The off season is actually going by pretty fast between working, drinking jack and cokes and sleeping late. Hit a slight snag overdoing it with the walking and my foot has been sore all week but will get back into the steps thread soon when I put up more than 4,000 steps a day lol 

night skiing conditions are usually pretty good..better than late morning weekends. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

...  i doubt we will lockdown like before, maybe similar, but bars, restaurants, laser tag, concerts, etc, will pay the price.  We as a society will continue to fuck this up, even though we know exactly what has to be done.  

...After 186 pages of regurgitated covid information, I think it's time for a Laser Tag thread to come to fruition.

• Love 1

10 minutes ago, Justo8484 said:

all that talk about sports a few pages back and no mention that the NBA is back, the sixers are beating up up the grizzlies, and ben simmons made a 3?! 

That’s how out of touch I am I didn’t know the NBA was back...I only really follow Covid-19 news and a little pro golf.  I did see that Dr. Fauci threw out the first pitch at the Nationals game.  He’s so serious about Covid that he made sure nobody could catch the pitch lol

Today’s numbers are starting to come in.  Floridumb has over 12,000 new cases and 125 new deaths.  Aricorona has 3700 new cases and 144 new deaths. The last few days Georgia has gotten especially bad as their governor refuses to make a statewide mask mandate. Yesterday Georgia had 4800 new cases and over 80 new deaths. North Carolina, South Carolina, Louisiana and Tennessee all cracked 2,000 new cases yesterday. Even Utah had 863 new cases which I believe is a record for them and mask use is only mandated in a few counties.  Colorado which was doing well had a very ominous 666 new cases.  

More news from around the lower 48. 

*Hundreds of Texas bars plan to open today as a statement to governor Abbott..over 800 to be exact called freedom fest..nothing like super spreading a deadly virus to show your freedom. 

*In Texas 752 children and 1577 staff members at childcare facilities tested postive so far. 

*Florida Governor Rob DeSantis says the state is moving in a better direction as new cases have plateaued in the last week or so...plateauing at 10,000+ daily new cases isn’t the best news. 

*A 66 year old staffer of a Florida GOP congressman passed of Covid-19

*In one of Georgia’s hardest hit counties with over 14,000 total cases so far, parents are protesting a return to in person school   The local school district postponed its back to school date in order to come up with solutions   Most of the parents realize the virus is serious but want their kids back in school  

*The majority of North Carolina students will start the school year from home.

*Floridans are flocking to the North Carolina to escape the heat and the coronavirus. 

*Missouri is seeing a record high number of new cases and it’s governor says children need to get back to school and if they contract Covid-19 they’ll get over it.

*19 Missouri graduating seniors contracted Covid-19 attending an outdoor graduation and prom earlier this month. 

*The Oklahoma Governor tested positive for Covid-19 last week. He rejected a mask order and also attended Trumps rally last month. 

*Over 1,000 daily new cases in Kansas which has less than 1/4 the population of PA

*Coronavirus has struck construction sites across Colorado 

*In person schooling has been put on hold in New Mexico has cases hit record highs, dozens of daycare workers in NM have been infected in recent weeks  

*Testing shortages in California have forced some residents to travel to other states to be tested including one Bay Area man who flew to Idaho for a test as the backlog is 2 weeks In SF. 

*SF Bay Area health experts call for a second shutdown  

*Huntington beach in California’s republican Orange County has become a place where anti maskers have gathered for weekly fellowship.  I could go on and on with these news excerpts but I’ll end it here.  We are royally fucked as a nation.  Land of the sick home of the weak..

E67C9480-8850-442B-BD79-1249EF6A36A9.jpeg

Was at local mini market earlier and like 6-7 New York Puerto Rican’s were in the store no mask so when I went to pay I asked cashier aren’t masks required in the store and she said it’s recommended not required.  I wanted to ask if masks are only required for people who speak English.  I’m turning into a Karen version of Archie Bunker...I did test out my horn when I drove by some people with BLM signs. 

Was at local mini market earlier and like 6-7 New York Puerto Rican’s were in the store no mask so when I went to pay I asked cashier aren’t masks required in the store and she said it’s recommended not required.  I wanted to ask if masks are only required for people who speak English.  I’m turning into a Karen version of Archie Bunker...I did test out my horn when I drove by some people with BLM signs. Wild Bill one of the special Allentownians even has his own personalized masks.  

D0799E58-DEAA-4B33-A746-D4F59B434006.png

• Confused 1

14 marlins players/coaches/personnel tested positive, their game tonight got cancelled, team is staying in Philly. Not a good look for the MLB right now. 

also opened the door for exposure to philly airport employees, hotel staff, CBP staff, etc etc 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kyle said:

14 marlins players/coaches/personnel tested positive, their game tonight got cancelled, team is staying in Philly. Not a good look for the MLB right now. 

also opened the door for exposure to philly airport employees, hotel staff, CBP staff, etc etc 

The Phillies can’t even beat a team that is half sick

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Kyle said:

This season is going to end fairly quickly....

• Like 2

How many more NFL players opt out this season because of this?
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Benm said:

well it was good while it lasted i guess. i wonder what this means for the rest of the season and how other leagues (mainly NFL) will take this into account. doesnt look promising

Good question. The "bubble method" seems to be working well so far for NBA and MLS teams. Not sure how effective that would be with the NFL... 

I have been feeling like garbage since I got back from my trip. Even had a fever for a few days. Called my doc this morning to get an appt. told them I was backpacking and maybe I have a water bacteria based something or tick bite etc. They immediately connected me to the “Covid nurse” and she asked me a bunch of questions. I have a video appt w my doc in a few hours but the nurse told me to quarantine because “she is sure I have Covid”.

I have so many problems with this; what if I was a complete anxiety ridden person and her telling me that is sending me over the edge. It also seems like every single symptom now is a Covid symptom. Have a feeling my doc will prob send me for a test. And yes, I will be responsible of course and quarantine in the meantime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sad 1