Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

I’m most impressed with the guy from the Chiefs (forget his name) who opted out to put his medical degree to use and work with COVID patients in care centers. 

Despite the fact that he's a chief...he's agood dude for sure. More people should be like him.

Side note 2 starters on the Patriots offense are out...F it. Cancel the season.

I don't think they filter for heavy metals and the like which at least in some spots is important as the daks/pa have alot of industry that puts crap in all the water though rain.  

CO I know has some serious serious spots with big time heavy metal contamination but unless your drinking from it all the time it probably wouldn't matter. 

Otherwise UV is awesome at killing everything 

Zero water filter travel mug. Used to keep one in the hotel room and one in the office when I was traveling. Arsenic in the south, fluro compounds, fracking radioactivity, unfortunately bottled water isn’t any better than tap water.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Benm said:

last domino falls. i don't think there are any others.

bloomsburg fair officially cancelled.

release: https://mailchi.mp/329a96373ad7/cancelled

It’s not Fair....they cancelled the Puerto Rican day parade in Allentown so they had a protest instead. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

Nascar is still making laps.  So far, i think only one driver in the cup series has tested positive.  

Jimmy Johnson.  Also, I believe a crew chief missed a weekend due to being exposed to someone with it, but tested negative twice and was able to return. 

Looks like our school district will be giving students / parents the option to opt out of going into the building and offering online learning. If they do go in, class sizes will be limited to 16 and teachers will be behind plexiglass. Buses will be close to full I believe. Leaning heavily toward the virtual option as much as I hate to say it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Looks like our school district will be giving students / parents the option to opt out of going into the building and offering online learning. If they do go in, class sizes will be limited to 16 and teachers will be behind plexiglass. Buses will be close to full I believe. Leaning heavily toward the virtual option as much as I hate to say it.

If your family can make a virtual option work, I’d highly recommend it. I don’t see schools making it through the year without having to close. 

• Like 1

If your family can make a virtual option work, I’d highly recommend it. I don’t see schools making it through the year without having to close. 

Supposed to be a simultaneous live stream with kids actually in the class. I like the idea of not having to teach my kids like we had too last spring.

29 minutes ago, Kyle said:

The whole debacle with the marlins should be the literal example of why children shouldn’t go back to school just yet. 

Everybody is looking online to see a news article or opinion that suits their agenda.  The back to school people cite things like suicide, child abuse, drug use and mental health as reasons kids can go back to school.  The CDC says kids should go back to school fully but the caveat deep down in their reports is in areas where the spread of Covid-19 is under control which is in places like Maine and Vermont.  Also most parents who want their kids back in school don’t want their kids to be wearing masks.  You can’t have it all 

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Everybody is looking online to see a news article or opinion that suits their agenda.  The back to school people cite things like suicide, child abuse, drug use and mental health as reasons kids can go back to school.  The CDC says kids should go back to school fully but the caveat deep down in their reports is in areas where the spread of Covid-19 is under control which is in places like Maine and Vermont.  Also most parents who want their kids back in school don’t want their kids to be wearing masks.  You can’t have it all 

These guys in the MLB were supposed to be following strict protocols in regards to where they can go, etc etc. there’s now been 17 marlins players/coaches test positive, a few Phillies staff members who worked in the away clubhouse test positive, lord knows about airport employees, bus drivers, etc etc. 

it’s not going to take much to spread it in a school. All it’s going to take is that one kid who’s parents went out to a bar Labor Day weekend at the jersey shore to get it, bring it to school on the bus (30 kids), spread it in the classroom (15 kids conservative) and those kids spread it to their parents, who spread it to the workplace (if not telework) etc etc etc. 

I don’t have kids, let alone married so my opinion may not hold any weight, but I don’t think in person schooling should resume any time in the immediate future. 

21 minutes ago, Kyle said:

These guys in the MLB were supposed to be following strict protocols in regards to where they can go, etc etc. there’s now been 17 marlins players/coaches test positive, a few Phillies staff members who worked in the away clubhouse test positive, lord knows about airport employees, bus drivers, etc etc. 

it’s not going to take much to spread it in a school. All it’s going to take is that one kid who’s parents went out to a bar Labor Day weekend at the jersey shore to get it, bring it to school on the bus (30 kids), spread it in the classroom (15 kids conservative) and those kids spread it to their parents, who spread it to the workplace (if not telework) etc etc etc. 

I don’t have kids, let alone married so my opinion may not hold any weight, but I don’t think in person schooling should resume any time in the immediate future. 

This is in Tennessee where schools are already back on a modified schedule.  The teacher touches one of the kids and is really close to them.  People are really dumb like the random businessman at wegmans who was standing two feet behind me like it was February 2020 or something  

You're pretty spot on. In a normal year kids get sick almost instantly when going back to school... It never fails. They're healthy all summer. School starts and within 2 or 3 weeks here come the ear infections, colds, sniffles, coughing etc. Now couple that with the fact that were in the midst of a pandemic, where cases are way up and seemingly not coming down anytime soon. It scares the shit out of me.
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Anyone here still really holding onto the hope that skiing is going to be "just like it was last year?"

Nope...we will have skiing but it won’t be the same...cases will likely rise during the fall and into the winter.  The fact that amusement parks are open give me no doubt that most ski resorts will operate but with some modifications.  Perhaps less capacity on the quad and six pack at Blue, masks required on lifts and liftlines, limited amount of people allowed in lodges and perhaps social distancing in liftlines and even limited ticket sales.  For travel, obviously airlines will be a higher stress proposition and at the ski resorts I don’t see Trams operating and gondolas perhaps four per cabin instead of 8...less capacity on buses as well.  It’s a whole new world..