Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

Controversial plan to get a whole football season in: 

100 man rosters

If you get Covid you quarantine for 2 weeks completely alone and they cycle in a clean guy from the back of the roster/practice squad. 

When your 2 weeks is up and you're healthy again you can come back to practice and play. If 30% of your huge roster is healthy at any given time you can soldier on as an organization. 

Marketing Spin: AB-InBev puts together a "stimulus package" and mails everyone a case of beer. 

2 hours ago, Schif said:

Controversial plan to get a whole football season in: 

100 man rosters

If you get Covid you quarantine for 2 weeks completely alone and they cycle in a clean guy from the back of the roster/practice squad. 

When your 2 weeks is up and you're healthy again you can come back to practice and play. If 30% of your huge roster is healthy at any given time you can soldier on as an organization. 

Marketing Spin: AB-InBev puts together a "stimulus package" and mails everyone a case of beer. 

Why not just cancel the whole deal instead of putting people at risk?  Add people to the team so at any given time, 30 might be able to play?  LOL.   It doesnt sound like MLB is off to a fantastic start.  

I watch Nascar, and thats as far as sports go for me, i get it, i would be bummed if they werent running.  There has been very few cases within Nascar......i dunno, maybe carbon monoxide has something to do with it, but if it started getting out of hand, i would expect them to shut things down, not just keep throwing people into the fire.  

38 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Why not just cancel the whole deal instead of putting people at risk?  Add people to the team so at any given time, 30 might be able to play?  LOL.   It doesnt sound like MLB is off to a fantastic start.  

I watch Nascar, and thats as far as sports go for me, i get it, i would be bummed if they werent running.  There has been very few cases within Nascar......i dunno, maybe carbon monoxide has something to do with it, but if it started getting out of hand, i would expect them to shut things down, not just keep throwing people into the fire.  

Technically enough carbon monoxide is a cure for the coronavirus...... 

just saw on the new a shots fired incident at cigars international because a customer was asked to leave for not wearing a mask. The world has gone crazy 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

Because of $$$

Here’s a good article about the NBA bubble at Disney world. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/07/30/sport/nba-bubble-disney-world-florida-spt-intl/index.html

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Because of $$$

The leagues stand to lose a ton of they just throw in the towel, and there are players out there who won't opt out because this is their shot to make that money. For the superstars in any sport it must be a lot easier to decide whether or not to play when they have a tremendous amount of money already in the bank, but the guys farther down on the depth chart have to weigh the paycheck vs the risk. 

22 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Because of $$$

Here’s a good article about the NBA bubble at Disney world. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/07/30/sport/nba-bubble-disney-world-florida-spt-intl/index.html

The bubbles are working. MLS is good. NBA good. NHL good.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

The bubbles are working. MLS is good. NBA good. NHL good.

I would suggest a PASR bubble for the winter but the sheer volume of meat and beer that would be needed to sustain that endeavor would be irresponsible. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mixilplix said:

Went by a Trumptard rally in Emmaus today....I think I saw like three masks being worn....Didn't the Governor order masks must be worn if you can't social distance?

Saw this and just laughed. Not from Emmaus. 

two phones no teeth 😂
8172ACFC-ACE3-40A4-8033-46AA4533D0F9.thumb.jpeg.48e4eef58a35378020bf74ebb7c7e7be.jpeg

50 minutes ago, Mixilplix said:

Went by a Trumptard rally in Emmaus today....I think I saw like three masks being worn....Didn't the Governor order masks must be worn if you can't social distance?

Yes and the other night in Allentown there was both a Blue lives matter/trump rally and black lives matter rally at the same time and like 98% of BLM protesters wearing masks and 15% of Blue lives matter protesters wearing masks.  

Met with a woman today who wants to sell me her car. We introduce ourselves outside then she says, "I only brought a mask because some people are funny if you don't wear one." Next 10 minutes was about how the $600 unemployment better not get extended. I was like can we just look at the car and decide if you want to sell to me or not. 

Side note, did anyone else see BMDI is for sale? I keep seeing ads on FB about it.

45 minutes ago, skifreak said:

Met with a woman today who wants to sell me her car. We introduce ourselves outside then she says, "I only brought a mask because some people are funny if you don't wear one." Next 10 minutes was about how the $600 unemployment better not get extended. I was like can we just look at the car and decide if you want to sell to me or not. 

Side note, did anyone else see BMDI is for sale? I keep seeing ads on FB about it.

Did she put the mask on. 

57 minutes ago, skifreak said:

Yeah it’s been for sale for a while now. Unofficially since sometime last year. I went to high school with the owners kids. They want to retire and the kids don’t want to take it over. 

• Like 1