Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

21 minutes ago, skifreak said:

Not until she came inside and only because I made clear outside is one thing, inside is another. I have a really small office so keeping apart is not easy.

I make my customers wear a mask outside because they can’t keep their distance and haven’t let anybody inside.  

654 new cases today. Cases are always less on Sundays and Mondays though.  I fear over 1,000 daily Tuesday-Saturday..rumors of Governor Wolf making all schools begin virtually are false..it’s up to the individual districts.  Seems like most urban districts are starting out virtual or hybrid and most suburban and private schools hybrid or in person.  Many say schools and colleges coming back will mean a lot more transmission.  We shall see. 

654 new cases today. Cases are always less on Sundays and Mondays though.  I fear over 1,000 daily Tuesday-Saturday..rumors of Governor Wolf making all schools begin virtually are false..it’s up to the individual districts.  Seems like most urban districts are starting out virtual or hybrid and most suburban and private schools hybrid or in person.  Many say schools and colleges coming back will mean a lot more transmission.  We shall see. 

Possible all 3 of mine now are virtual for at least the fall semester.

14 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Possible all 3 of mine now are virtual for at least the fall semester.

Dr. Birx is saying in most areas kids shouldn’t go back even rural areas aren’t immune.  In Georgia many schools are starting completely virtual and parents are protesting that the damage of kids not going back outweighs the risks of the virus.  Tell that to this kid who lost both of his parents four days apart. Makes me cringe a bit seeing all the gatherings on Facebook, bday parties and even a FB friend out near Pittsburgh attended a large indoor wedding last night and had his arms around a bunch of different people in pictures but some of those folks think masks are a sign of weakness.  Sad 

DB58DEE9-F5CE-4FDA-8C6F-CB461392B6C7.png

My take is yes kids will probably suffer some sort of issue by not socializing and whatnot if they're away long term. IMO virtual school at the end of last year and start of this year will be a blip on the radar in the grand scheme assuming we're out of this mess at some point in 2021. No one's saying keep the kids home permanently. Just keep them home until it's safe to send them back. That's it. Just more stupidity.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

My take is yes kids will probably suffer some sort of issue by not socializing and whatnot if they're away long term. IMO virtual school at the end of last year and start of this year will be a blip on the radar in the grand scheme assuming we're out of this mess at some point in 2021. No one's saying keep the kids home permanently. Just keep them home until it's safe to send them back. That's it. Just more stupidity.

It's only a blip if it's certain years for kids though. Elementary school will probably be fine, but missing high school time could be detrimental. 

Honest to God, i was just thinking about this.  Why do people honestly feel their nose doesnt have to be covered?   

Beer store i go to, i really like the guy, and has really stepped up his game with good local stuff, but doesnt like wearing his mask over his nose.  I'm going with 2 strikes and he is out.  Another store im not going back to.  

• Thanks 1

Hard to believe only 4 new cases in Lehigh county out of 318 tests.  That’s incredible.

The entire country of Canada has total new cases of covid at 285 (03Aug). And per my frequent visits to Jay Peak I can attest to the fact Canadians are just as stupid as Merica citizens.

Italy new cases 159
France 1396 (31jul)
Germany 509
Etc. etc. etc.

So states rights and all, yo. [emoji20]
  • Like 1