Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

29 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Sorta. He closed bars and gyms I think. Schools (K through 12) started a few weeks ago and they're virtual...at least for now.

He’s doing better than Texas, Florida and Georgia and the majority of southern and mid west states.  Just took quite some time..if there was more available testing in PA back in April we would have had alot more positive cases...the fact that testing has been so much more available now(although still delayed) the fact that PA is staying under 1,000 daily cases means a good percentage of people are being cautious.  NJ and NY were super strict and their numbers are super good..I don’t know if those states are allowing indoor bars and dining yet.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

2 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

They did an incredible job.

Do you think what they did in New Zealand would have worked here? As soon as this whole thing started they completely locked down the border and essentially never let the disease in. 

14 minutes ago, Schif said:

Do you think what they did in New Zealand would have worked here? As soon as this whole thing started they completely locked down the border and essentially never let the disease in. 

No way.  we are just so over privileged that nobody can tell us we cant go out, fly on a plane, protest, etc.  Its our god given rights as Americans to disobey with prejudice.   

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Schif said:

I'm pretty sure I recall Trump getting shit on for deciding to close borders. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Benm said:

I'm pretty sure I recall Trump getting shit on for deciding to close borders. 

They called him racist for that.  Don’t forget in March de Blasio told people to attend broadway shows.  During that same March a sitting US congresswoman called people racist for not going to dine-in Chinese restaurants 

Edited by theprogram4
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

They called him racist for that.  Don’t forget in March de Blasio told people to attend broadway shows.  During that same March a sitting US congresswoman called people racist for not going to dine-in Chinese restaurants 

There are thousands of instances of the same people deriding him for not taking enough action fluffing it off like it was nothing in the beginning. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

I feel like you betrayed me on some Godfather type shit lol.  I used to feel like a Bernie bro compared to you and your former love of trump and now you’ve left the family.  We used to shit post together man smh

I've made an observation the past few months and I'm astounded how many people have flipped political views over this virus.

There's my aunt who was a diehard democrat her entire life. When Trump won she was very vocal about it for months and criticized him. Now she's voting for him because she thinks the virus was designed to destroy him since impeachment didn't work. Now she buys into a lot of conspiracy theories and likes to spread them all over FB.

Then there are people who voted for him and stood by him for everything but are no longer supporting him because of how he handled the virus. The protests were also another turning point for some people I know. A guy I know was a diehard republican and you never would have thought he'd vote for a democrat. He voted for Trump and now is so vocal against him it is insane and is voting for Biden.

Sometimes I read what these people are posting and I can't help but recall all the stuff they used to say. Crazy times we are in lol.

Edited by skifreak
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, theprogram4 said:

I feel like you betrayed me on some Godfather type shit lol.  I used to feel like a Bernie bro compared to you and your former love of trump and now you’ve left the family.  We used to shit post together man smh

Shit done changed. 

https://www.buzzfeed.com/stephenlaconte/trump-supporters-share-regrets-reddit-2020-election?utm_source=dynamic&utm_campaign=bffbbuzzfeedvideo&ref=bffbbuzzfeedvideo&fbclid=IwAR3CChr-2-I0yEi9EFPteP4M_s6mSylSYXpafg7PyW85u8n-LFtaXyRh3_Y

I never said I liked Biden he’s a shithead..but I’d vote for like Yang or Tulsi Gabbord over Trump..at this point I’m not voting...but if Trump wins I owe a lot of people a case of beer.  Most current Trump fans are confident he’ll win.  I don’t think so..and I predicted in like mid 2015 that Trump would win in 2016.  I’ve never been a republican or Democrat.  

59 minutes ago, skifreak said:

There's my aunt who was a diehard democrat her entire life. When Trump won she was very vocal about it for months and criticized him. Now she's voting for him because she thinks the virus was designed to destroy him since impeachment didn't work. Now she buys into a lot of conspiracy theories and likes to spread them all over FB.

The virus has killed hundreds of thousands of people outside the US .... hardly a conspiracy to take down Trump.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

The virus has killed hundreds of thousands of people outside the US .... hardly a conspiracy to take down Trump.  

Good luck explaining that one to my aunt. The virus was spreading before he was even impeached too. People with her thinking don't seem to like logic. 

• Haha 1

I don’t see how anyone can blame trump for anything going on with Covid

1. China unleashed a virus upon the world 
2. democrats purposely tanked the economy (could it even be argued they encouraged the early spread of the disease, such as Jim Kenney, AOC, and de Blasio telling people they were racist if they didn’t go out when the disease was spreading?)         
3. democrats encouraged nation wide looting and riots, which caused the virus to spread to where we are today as thousands did and continue to riot and spread Covid 

if people had listened to Trump, they would have practiced social distancing while stimulating the economy with their Trump checks, as opposed to months of chaos spreading the virus. 

• Confused 2

12 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

I don’t see how anyone can blame trump for anything going on with Covid

1. China unleashed a virus upon the world 
2. democrats purposely tanked the economy (could it even be argued they encouraged the early spread of the disease, such as Jim Kenney, AOC, and de Blasio telling people they were racist if they didn’t go out when the disease was spreading?)         
3. democrats encouraged nation wide looting and riots, which caused the virus to spread to where we are today as thousands did and continue to riot and spread Covid 

if people had listened to Trump, they would have practiced social distancing while stimulating the economy with their Trump checks, as opposed to months of chaos spreading the virus. 

where'd you get your maga-tinted reading glasses?

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Justo8484 said:

where'd you get your maga-tinted reading glasses?

I actually follow cnn more than msnbc and Fox News (I follow all 3) and from cnn’s coverage I saw liberals rioting/looting without masks, Democrats calling people racist for not going to shows during a pandemic, and the virus spreading  due to liberal incompetence.  Trump didn’t force people out of jobs, liberals did that.  Trump gave money away while liberals forced working class people to the brink of starvation while simultaneously spreading a virus