Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

58 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

My parents have been bugging me to visit all summer. I finally said ok I’ll come Labor Day weekend now my mom said I need to take a Covid test before I visit.  I said does that me you, dad, sister, bro in law, niece and nephew are all gonna get tested as well.  Fuck that I’m just not gonna visit. 

Even if you take the test, and come up negative, all it means is you didnt have Covid up until the minute you took the test.  Nothing stopping you from getting it 2 minutes after you take the test.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Even if you take the test, and come up negative, all it means is you didnt have Covid up until the minute you took the test.  Nothing stopping you from getting it 2 minutes after you take the test.  

I was thinking the same thing. Also was thinking does that mean my mom, dad, sister, bro in law, niece and nephew are all gonna get tested.  I’m just not gonna visit. They were bugging me like crazy to join them earlier this summer at the Virginia lake house they rented and to surprise my dad for his birthday...so then I was a nice guy and said fine I’ll come Labor Day.  She also said you get results in 30 minutes...what is this the test they give WNBA players lol. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

6 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Nope...I’d love to go to the local diner now for a full breakfast spread but Risk>reward. 

I had brunch inside the Starlite Diner last Saturday, tables spread far apart, lots of sanitation ongoing. No salad bar, waitresses masked, customers came in masked and masked up when heading to restrooms. Food was good as usual, menus were on disposable printed sheets and not as extensive as before. Not crowded.

7 minutes ago, rummy said:

I had brunch inside the Starlite Diner last Saturday, tables spread far apart, lots of sanitation ongoing. No salad bar, waitresses masked, customers came in masked and masked up when heading to restrooms. Food was good as usual, menus were on disposable printed sheets and not as extensive as before. Not crowded.

I live right near there.  Still all those customers in there with no masks on..at least they are following precautions.  Some of the allentown bars..I won’t name names are doing whatever they feel like..two actually never shutdown at all during the early part of the pandemic as the owners think this is a hoax.  Just a little unsettling seeing a bar owner walking around no mask shaking everybodies hands. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I live right near there.  Still all those customers in there with no masks on..at least they are following precautions.  Some of the allentown bars..I won’t name names are doing whatever they feel like..two actually never shutdown at all during the early part of the pandemic as the owners think this is a hoax.  Just a little unsettling seeing a bar owner walking around no mask shaking everybodies hands. 

I know your househotel. That's why I mentioned the Diner. Only saw one couple come in without masks and they left without ordering.... ??

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing your dining experiences during this. Just curious what others are doing and what it has been like when you did eat out (indoor vs outdoor, etc.). I still don't feel comfortable eating indoors yet but I do have another outdoor reservation coming up this weekend if it doesn't rain.

we camped at Locust Lake a few weeks ago, saw one group of campers masked the whole long weekend. I had one with me but never wore it either and never really felt threatened. never really  came within 6' of anyone either other than some kids petting the dog for a minute or two.

No inside dining for us yet, three outside meals plus a few outside trips to Lost Tavern

I am not wearing one in my site or walking my dog around but I would not roll up on strangers wanting to get close to them w no mask. I don’t feel like outside wearing one is as important. But people were just all going to each other’s sites striking up conversations close together. Just seems weird

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

no indoor dining for us yet, and i don't have any plans to do so any time soon. now that i think of it, the extent of any outdoor dining that i've done was post-ride beers at a brewery with GSSucks and AtomicSkier, and we were basically hanging out in the parking lot far away from all the other patrons on their patio. steve & cookie's in margate looks like their outdoor setup is pretty well spaced out, but most everywhere else down around here looks like a shit show with even more outdoor tables than they'd normally have, but still crammed into the same amount of space. The one "classy" pizza place took over the street next to them and put up a big tent, an outdoor bar, a bunch of high tops, and maybe some picnic tables. Place looks like there's some sort of festival going on every weekend with how packed it is. Even if their pizza is pretty good, no thanks, i'll stick to takeout.

19 minutes ago, Justo8484 said:

no indoor dining for us yet, and i don't have any plans to do so any time soon. now that i think of it, the extent of any outdoor dining that i've done was post-ride beers at a brewery with GSSucks and AtomicSkier, and we were basically hanging out in the parking lot far away from all the other patrons on their patio. steve & cookie's in margate looks like their outdoor setup is pretty well spaced out, but most everywhere else down around here looks like a shit show with even more outdoor tables than they'd normally have, but still crammed into the same amount of space. The one "classy" pizza place took over the street next to them and put up a big tent, an outdoor bar, a bunch of high tops, and maybe some picnic tables. Place looks like there's some sort of festival going on every weekend with how packed it is. Even if their pizza is pretty good, no thanks, i'll stick to takeout.

Justo did you sell your house?

1 hour ago, Shadows said:

So interest rates are low and prices are high? What difference does it make then lol

$300,000 mortgage at 4% interest rate can be had at $1432 a month at 3% the payments on a 30 year 300k mortgage is $1265.  That does not include taxes and fees. My delivery driver is in the process of refinancing his mortgage as his original mortgage is from 12 years ago and at almost a 6% interest rate.  Low interest rates mean people can afford a more expensive home. 

44 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

$300,000 mortgage at 4% interest rate can be had at $1432 a month at 3% the payments on a 30 year 300k mortgage is $1265.  That does not include taxes and fees. My delivery driver is in the process of refinancing his mortgage as his original mortgage is from 12 years ago and at almost a 6% interest rate.  Low interest rates mean people can afford a more expensive home. 

Since most people buy houses based on the monthly payment they can afford, when interest rates eventually go up the prices will drop to keep the payments affordable.