Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

If these college kids had any kind of sense they would just get sick and hide it right? I'm imagining fraternities right now are having sit downs and deciding that if anyone gets sick they are just going to call it allergies and chill for two weeks rather than risk becoming a positive case and getting the school shut down. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Schif said:

If these college kids had any kind of sense they would just get sick and hide it right? I'm imagining fraternities right now are having sit downs and deciding that if anyone gets sick they are just going to call it allergies and chill for two weeks rather than risk becoming a positive case and getting the school shut down. 

Except those students who are then hiding it are going to classes with others who they could infect who will not hide it and get tested.

2 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Except those students who are then hiding it are going to classes with others who they could infect who will not hide it and get tested.

I'm just saying that whatever number is reported at colleges is likely very much an under count. 

At the end of the day it's going to come down to each school to determine how much risk/exposure/bad PR they are willing to handle in terms of keeping the semester going. I don't envy the presidents of the big D1 schools right now. I think a school going completely online and sending kids home could be a really risky move for the next few semesters in terms of getting new students to sign up and to retain students. 

If I was a parent at a school like the University of North Carolina, which sent kids home already, I would be furious about all the money that was just wasted and the smart move would be to take my underclassmen student out of the school and put them in a community college in the Spring 2021 semester until I felt like I wasn't blowing big tuition dollars on hoping that they get a real semester in. 

1 minute ago, AtomicSkier said:

I think I'm going to break down and get a real hair cut.  Last trip to the barber was Feb 18.

I'm on my third real hair cut. I never let it grow out as long as it did before my first one so I've actually been having them leaving it a little longer than usual. 

• Thanks 1

Pics and TR?

Absolutely...

Pulled into the lot around 7:15. It was about 73 degrees under cloudy skies. Conditions were great for a night sesh cut. Walked into the salon to 0 lines. Put on mask and got seated. Told my stylist that I wanted a #1 on the sides with a little length up top...he then asked me how I was doing to which I said good. He then went on to tell me how wearing a mask for 8 hours was rough...to which I empathised. 20 minutes or so later I was done. Paid and gave a $10 tip before leaving. Great night sesh. In fact was top 5 sesh for the season. Pic below...
878454b6affa8b9acec08b2ff9b3911f.jpg
  • Like 4