Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

2 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Oh to add to my TR...

I paid with my phone. I love it when I pay with my phone the employees at the place where I'm paying (using my phone) are completely blown away because I paid using my phone. Next time I'll really blow their minds and pay with my watch.

When I got a haircut I paid with credit card for the cut and tipped with cash..$10 tip and usually it’s like $6

I was due for a cut when all this got fucked up, so its been clippers at home for me since then.  It takes me a little while to do it, but i must do an ok job with it, nobody has said to me "dude, what the fuck is with your hair?"  Its actually forcing me to cut it more often than i would.....i normally let it grow out a lot before conceding that i need to get it cut.  

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

New Jersey will open indoor dining to 25% capacity this week.   Will be interesting what happens with restaurants when it gets cold out. 

Only two options, they let them open to more capacity or they close. I don't think there is any restaurant that can operate at 25% total capacity and actually turn a profit. 

29 minutes ago, Schif said:

Only two options, they let them open to more capacity or they close. I don't think there is any restaurant that can operate at 25% total capacity and actually turn a profit. 

No way...they need to be 100% at least on weekends to turn a profit yet I don’t think people are comfortable enough to dine indoors for restaurants to be over 50% indoors. 

Todays county numbers. 

D9C9B8FC-E725-49B0-B7D6-4B69A9590C84.jpeg

7 hours ago, Schif said:

You can’t at 25% 

6 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

No way...they need to be 100% at least on weekends to turn a profit yet I don’t think people are comfortable enough to dine indoors for restaurants to be over 50% indoors. 

Todays county numbers. 

D9C9B8FC-E725-49B0-B7D6-4B69A9590C84.jpeg

Turning a profit in a restaurant is all about table turnover. Being jam packed full is good, but if 5 of your 10 tables stay for 2-3 hours and rack up a $200 bill,  it’s not the same as having those same 5/10 tables cycled out every 45 mins with a $100 bill average. 

56 minutes ago, Kyle said:

You can’t at 25% 

Turning a profit in a restaurant is all about table turnover. Being jam packed full is good, but if 5 of your 10 tables stay for 2-3 hours and rack up a $200 bill,  it’s not the same as having those same 5/10 tables cycled out every 45 mins with a $100 bill average. 

Most places around here are doing 90-minutes reservations which is great. The majority that use Resy or OpenTable also let your differentiate indoor and outdoor reservations too, which is even better.

12 hours ago, Kyle said:

You can’t at 25% 

I was at a table for like three hours at the Shanty on 19th and my tab was like $41 and the others I was with didn’t order food, only drank miller lite and really think about what kind of tip they leave...typical cheap Allentown folks.  I just left $60..they would normally have 5-6 servers on a Saturday night...with only outdoor tables and maybe two parties dining inside they had two servers and that’s one of the places doing best around here.   Fucking brutal for that industry.  My business is still down just a smidge vs last year.  Been really tough to make up for the slow period from mid March to mid April.  Currently down like 4-5% and we had a price increase. 

34 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

770 new cases for PA.  Sadly, cases are gonna go up due to all the colleges in schools that are open. 

Temple is on a two week break from in person classes. 

In other news, I have my first in person class tonight. 

27 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Thats odd. I was told that this would all go away by Easter. I guess maybe he meant Easter 2021?

Everything will be cool after November.  People at work keep telling me that.  

In other news, welcome to September!  Meteorological summer is over.  Cant wait till i can open the windows.  

• Like 1