Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

770 new cases for PA.  Sadly, cases are gonna go up due to all the colleges in schools that are open. 

So how does that work if a student from New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, etc goes to school with the virus unknowingly and then tests positive for it in PA? Does it go against PA’s numbers? 

5 minutes ago, Kyle said:

So how does that work if a student from New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, etc goes to school with the virus unknowingly and then tests positive for it in PA? Does it go against PA’s numbers? 

I would imagine it goes against wherever the test took place. So if a kid comes to PA, tests positive and gets shipped back to Maryland, there is a sick person in Maryland and a tick against PA. I know Florida was, and probably still is, taking note of Florida Resident vs Non Resident positive Covid test. I don't think Pennsylvania is collecting this level of data. 

• Like 1

Iowa state will host 25,000 fans at next weeks home opener.  That is only 41% capacity and fans will be have to wear masks and no tailgating.  Iowa and South Dakota are the newest hot spots for Covid-19. The county that Iowa state is in went from 50 new cases per 100,000 residents per 7 days on August 14th to 777 new cases per 100,000 residents now.  In person classes will continue at the university as the Dean attributes the spread to off campus parties not in class learning...

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

FWIIW, my stepfather who is 84 and in bad health fell, I had to help with getting the meatwagon there to help get him up and to the hospital. He then tested positive for COVID. Wonderful. good news, I am negative, my wife is negative. My brother is negative. So one positive and 3 negatives to Berks total this week. If/when he passes, will be a COVID death although heart/diabetes/other is the real cause.  Berks is pushing up to the limits the state is setting.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, mgguy said:

FWIIW, my stepfather who is 84 and in bad health fell, I had to help with getting the meatwagon there to help get him up and to the hospital. He then tested positive for COVID. Wonderful. good news, I am negative, my wife is negative. My brother is negative. So one positive and 3 negatives to Berks total this week. If/when he passes, will be a COVID death although heart/diabetes/other is the real cause.  Berks is pushing up to the limits the state is setting.

Sorry about your stepfather.  How do you think he got Covid?

We just got the official work from our parent company that we will not be going back to the office for the foreseeable future. Which is what we expected. With schools being virtual we didn't want the pressure of some people working at the office while others had to stay home with kids. I still go in about once a week to stay on top of personnel files and some payroll items which is nice to get out of the house especially. I made it this long without a desk but I think its time to invest in one..

In other news, I got my hair done yesterday  for the first time since February. I feel like a new person!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zonked said:

We just got the official work from our parent company that we will not be going back to the office for the foreseeable future. Which is what we expected. With schools being virtual we didn't want the pressure of some people working at the office while others had to stay home with kids. I still go in about once a week to stay on top of personnel files and some payroll items which is nice to get out of the house especially. I made it this long without a desk but I think its time to invest in one..

In other news, I got my hair done yesterday  for the first time since February. I feel like a new person!

Zonked are you familiar with the payroll tax holiday?  

I just read up on this payroll tax holiday. Seems like an annoyance for most people. I guess if you were really cash strapped right now it would be helpful, but I doubt you will be any less cash strapped come January when your paycheck goes down to repay this.

It's a shame that the federal government has gotten so bad with money that they can't handle taking 4 months off of collecting taxes. Kind of crazy to think that our federal government, which is in debt, is living paycheck (our paychecks) to paycheck essentially. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Schif said:

I just read up on this payroll tax holiday. Seems like an annoyance for most people. I guess if you were really cash strapped right now it would be helpful, but I doubt you will be any less cash strapped come January when your paycheck goes down to repay this.

It's a shame that the federal government has gotten so bad with money that they can't handle taking 4 months off of collecting taxes. Kind of crazy to think that our federal government, which is in debt, is living paycheck (our paychecks) to paycheck essentially. 

All those "fiscal conservatives" are pretty quiet.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-debt-is-set-to-exceed-size-of-the-economy-for-year-a-first-since-world-war-ii-11599051137?fbclid=IwAR3RMFMW8QSN7ZQ2b_hAymyXB5CCSR-x_M0RIUkDSm_uhPjEmGsVGGqzJ88

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, toast21602 said:

I don't think there are any actual fiscal conservatives at all anymore. And why should they be? Imagine having a job where you can just run a company into the ground financially, but as long as every 2 to 4 years you get all of the factory floor workers to write your name down you get to keep your cushy job. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, toast21602 said:

Don't worry. If Biden wins you won't be able to shut them up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1