Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

Then there is this article from a week ago that says Sturgis was no problem.  
https://trendingpolitics.com/nope-turns-out-the-sturgis-biker-rally-was-no-covid-super-spreader-after-all/?fbclid=IwAR0ZsigPdAWQ3SWW0ECi3cF-Dn7D0okayTbpnN2T4-gFKfmI96CMC6pw4iw#utm_source=dtp&utm_medium=facebook
Somewhere in between is the truth i guess.  Not that i was ever big into watching or reading news ever, but who really knows what the truth is anymore?  I could post article after article of some bullshit thats in the news that im passionate about, but really, how does one know its true?  

This post is the truth.

I've said it from day 1. Most data that gets reported in terms of Covid is trash data and you cannot make a meaningful conclusion from it. 

I'm going to ski this year, i'm going to snowboard this year. I'm going to have fun doing it. I'm still hanging around in the lot afterwards and I'll likely get on an airplane at some point this winter to go play skiing. 

Maybe I won't shove my hand in the communal cheese ball bucket and maybe there will be more solo cups involved when sharing tasty beverage sips. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

Then there is this article from a week ago that says Sturgis was no problem.  

https://trendingpolitics.com/nope-turns-out-the-sturgis-biker-rally-was-no-covid-super-spreader-after-all/?fbclid=IwAR0ZsigPdAWQ3SWW0ECi3cF-Dn7D0okayTbpnN2T4-gFKfmI96CMC6pw4iw#utm_source=dtp&utm_medium=facebook

Somewhere in between is the truth i guess.  Not that i was ever big into watching or reading news ever, but who really knows what the truth is anymore?  I could post article after article of some bullshit thats in the news that im passionate about, but really, how does one know its true?  

Just gonna point out that that is the exact goal of the 'fake news', 'Lame Stream Media' gas lighting.  Just say over and over again that all news sources (except of course the one you are watching or listening to) are wrong, corrupt, lying, working for the democrats.....until people just start accepting it, and then suddenly there is an easy excuse as to why a journalist is pointing out your failings....they are lying!  You can't believe them!  

And suddenly, you have no 'credible' source holding you accountable.

In the case of right wing media, who have been perpetrating this gaslighting for decades, they just want people not to trust anyone but this to drive ratings. 

And it really works.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Schif said:

Maybe I won't shove my hand in the communal cheese ball bucket and maybe there will be more solo cups involved when sharing tasty beverage sips. 

I've been dreaming up the "hands free cheese ball dispenser" for years now.  Maybe now is the right time to bring this idea to life.  

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

At Blue, was it ever fair game? That parking lot is basically a urinal.

Am I the only one who has seen @GrilledSteezeSandwich eat things off of the ground? 

11 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

I've been dreaming up the "hands free cheese ball dispenser" for years now.  Maybe now is the right time to bring this idea to life.  

Please make this a reality. I'll assist in any way possible to get this going. 

8 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

@theprogram4 the plural of anecdote is not data.  Facebook definitely does not qualify, either.

I’d say real life experience def qualifies.  So communityleaders are lying? You are letting your wealth and education blind you to the plight of the working class

Edited by theprogram4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

Random anecdotes do not qualify as data.

This is the truth. ^^^^^^

Things like this though are so tough to actually quantify though.  For example I am currently moving out of the city. Without asking me why, you just get the data point of a white male leaving a predominantly black neighborhood in Philadelphia to move to a wealthy white suburb. Easy to draw a conclusion there if you wanted to.

32 minutes ago, Schif said:

This is the truth. ^^^^^^

Things like this though are so tough to actually quantify though.  For example I am currently moving out of the city. Without asking me why, you just get the data point of a white male leaving a predominantly black neighborhood in Philadelphia to move to a wealthy white suburb. Easy to draw a conclusion there if you wanted to.

Where are you moving to?

7 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Not moving. Fleeing. 

I'm fleeing the crumbling and corrupt city of Philadelphia for the safety and security of Wayne. 

It should be noted that this has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that my lease ended and the suburbs are much closer to work and school. I made the decision based exclusively on the fact that the Mayor was caught eating indoors when he banned indoor eating in the city. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Y’all are proving my point.  I posted a perfect example/fact/data/data point/tangent/plural/ancedote/whatever  you want to call it, and instead of rational debate, y’all hit me with a bunch of statistician mumbo jumbo.  A person literally said they were moving because of violence, but because said person had less of an education than y’all, her point was considered irrelevant.  I was also told Facebook isn’t real, which is ironically what I was told when I called out the racist things said in the beltzville group

(this isn’t directed at schif, as he, myself, Ben, Kyle, and ridge racer seem to be the only people thinking with logic, instead of with political motives

2 minutes ago, Schif said:

I'm fleeing the crumbling and corrupt city of Philadelphia for the safety and security of Wayne. 

It should be noted that this has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that my lease ended and the suburbs are much closer to work and school. I made the decision based exclusively on the fact that the Mayor was caught eating indoors when he banned indoor eating in the city. 

So does that make you one of the people who will come in and destroy the suburbs and the American dream or just fleeing the violence? It is so hard to keep track of.