Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

1 hour ago, theprogram4 said:

Nope, red Phillies fitted everyday (I wore hats every day back then, now I rarely do)

I used to wear backwards hats whether flat brimmed or not for the longest time. Within the last year or so I’ve found myself wearing it more and more the “traditional” way. Not sure if it’s from golf or just being an adult. 

come to think of it, I think I only own 1 flat brimmed hat (not counting the eagles super bowl champions hat I’ve never worn). 

6 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I used to wear backwards hats whether flat brimmed or not for the longest time. Within the last year or so I’ve found myself wearing it more and more the “traditional” way. Not sure if it’s from golf or just being an adult. 

come to think of it, I think I only own 1 flat brimmed hat (not counting the eagles super bowl champions hat I’ve never worn). 

Pretty soon you’ll be wearing visors and fedoras 

9 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I wore hats a lot for like the first 26 years of my life cause I was subconscious of how I looked.  Once I started getting a buzz cut at like 26 or 27 I was ok with how it looked and I no longer needed hats lol

20 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

I wore hats a lot for like the first 26 years of my life cause I was subconscious of how I looked.  Once I started getting a buzz cut at like 26 or 27 I was ok with how it looked and I no longer needed hats lol

I used to hear the flat brimmed hats because it was part of “hockey culture”, long flow, flat brimmed hat, etc. once I stopped playing competitively and actually had to get a job that all changed quickly. 

dont wear a man bonnet  

https://www.espn.com/espnmag/story?id=3511542

Let's face it: A cap with an uncreased brim worn as a fashion statement isn't a baseball hat at all; it's a man bonnet. Any self-respecting dude understands you can't simply buy the perfect baseball hat, you have to create it. You have to catch foul balls in it and use it as firstaid gauze. Like the burn scars on a Jimi Hendrix guitar, what makes a baseball hat cool is the stories it tells with each scuff and sweat stain and, yes, lack of symmetry from the maddening process of massaging the brim in an endless attempt to re-create a just-so arc. You've seen the arc. It's the one right above the Vitruvian Man, Da Vinci's ideal. Think that guy would be caught dead in a man bonnet? Me neither. -DAVID FLEMING, SENIOR WRITER, ESPN THE MAGAZINE

Edited by Benm
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, saltyant said:

Cities are hell. With virtual working so common now, and no social events allowed indefinitely, seems like there's zero benefit to living in a city.

Nah...there are a lot of things big cities offer that other areas don't.  I couldn't ever live in one, but I do understand why people do.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Benm said:

dont wear a man bonnet  

https://www.espn.com/espnmag/story?id=3511542

Let's face it: A cap with an uncreased brim worn as a fashion statement isn't a baseball hat at all; it's a man bonnet. Any self-respecting dude understands you can't simply buy the perfect baseball hat, you have to create it. You have to catch foul balls in it and use it as firstaid gauze. Like the burn scars on a Jimi Hendrix guitar, what makes a baseball hat cool is the stories it tells with each scuff and sweat stain and, yes, lack of symmetry from the maddening process of massaging the brim in an endless attempt to re-create a just-so arc. You've seen the arc. It's the one right above the Vitruvian Man, Da Vinci's ideal. Think that guy would be caught dead in a man bonnet? Me neither. -DAVID FLEMING, SENIOR WRITER, ESPN THE MAGAZINE

People make fun of me for wearing my favorite cap. I call it my Traveling Cap because it has been everywhere I've traveled. Been to more countries than most people (13). It is 18 years old, almost to the day. It pretty much never left my head from age 17-25.

Fuck. I just went through some pictures and found some gems of this cap. Thanks for that @Benm

IMG_1954.jpg

IMG_3882.jpg

IMG_6868.jpg

IMG_7630.jpg

IMG_9502.jpg

198511_503099383034_3726_n.jpg

227004_502901130334_3775_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/9/2020 at 12:15 PM, AtomicSkier said:

Nobody is saying people aren't leaving the cities.  But the *data* shows they're leaving because they can work remotely in the spacious, lower cost of living suburbs.

Geez...almost time to leave the suburb violence!

https://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/mc-nws-bethlehem-police-investigate-shooting-20200910-yw7aoxkuened3alrg3jchc5eme-story.html

1 minute ago, indiggio said:

you do know that's only a few blocks away from me!  after all the biden signs popping up in my neighborhood, it might just be time to leave!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Schif said:

Why the United States is having a coronavirus data crisis

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02478-z

I hear Australia's countermeasures are ridiculous!

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-australia/australias-covid-19-epicenter-extends-hard-lockdown-till-late-september-idUSKBN25X009