Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

Looking at this map I'm thinking about how much of Pennsylvania I've never been to. 
My Current list of Counties visited: Philadelphia, Delaware, Chester, Montgomery, Bucks, Berks, Lehigh, Northhampton, Carbon, Schuylkill, Monroe, Pike, Wayne, Lackawanna, Luzerne, Wyoming, Susquehanna, Lycoming, Sullivan, Clinton, Cameron, Centre, Northumberland, Tioga, Columbia, Lancaster, York, Cumberland, Perry, Dauphin, Lebanon. 

That's 30/67 or 45%

Do you count drive throughs or do you actually need to be out of the car and doing something in that county in order for it to qualify?
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Schif said:

Looking at this map I'm thinking about how much of Pennsylvania I've never been to. 

My Current list of Counties visited: Philadelphia, Delaware, Chester, Montgomery, Bucks, Berks, Lehigh, Northhampton, Carbon, Schuylkill, Monroe, Pike, Wayne, Lackawanna, Luzerne, Wyoming, Susquehanna, Lycoming, Sullivan, Clinton, Cameron, Centre, Northumberland, Tioga, Columbia, Lancaster, York, Cumberland, Perry, Dauphin, Lebanon. 

That's 30/67 or 45%

I’ll have to figure out my counties visited.  It’s probably similar to yours. I haven’t even been to Pittsburgh in 25 years in western PA in 15 years.  

41 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I want to do the non stop flight from London to Australia. @AtomicSkier gets middle seat between us. We can play tag the whole 22 hour flight like in Dumb and Dumber.

Edited by saltyant
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

I want to do the non stop flight from London to Australia. @AtomicSkier gets middle seat between us. We can play tag the whole 22 hour flight like in Dumb and Dumber.

We can do London to Perth first which is only 17 hours.  I’m not sharing a snack box.  

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

Do you count drive throughs or do you actually need to be out of the car and doing something in that county in order for it to qualify?

I'm counting at least a walkabout. Driving through does not count. 

Driving would add a few since I've driven across PA to Columbus, OH a few times. Never been to Pittsburgh though. 

11 minutes ago, Schif said:

I'm counting at least a walkabout. Driving through does not count. 

Driving would add a few since I've driven across PA to Columbus, OH a few times. Never been to Pittsburgh though. 

When COVID isn't as bad or is gone in the next ten years you should check out Pittsburgh. It is probably a top 5 'major' city in the US that I've been to.

11 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

When COVID isn't as bad or is gone in the next ten years you should check out Pittsburgh. It is probably a top 5 'major' city in the US that I've been to.

Everyone says that, but I'm still skeptical. Aside from a sandwich with fries on it, and an inclined railway that is supposedly cool, what is there to really do there? Just seems like a nicer Scranton. There is stuff there, but nothing particularly noteworthy and it's awkwardly far (too close to fly too long to want to drive). 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Schif said:

I think that only suggests that more people are looking at the potential downsides or a rushed vaccine. 

i saw a meme somewhere that said any politicians urging ppl to get the vaccine should be forced to take it first and i couldnt agree more.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Everyone says that, but I'm still skeptical. Aside from a sandwich with fries on it, and an inclined railway that is supposedly cool, what is there to really do there? Just seems like a nicer Scranton. There is stuff there, but nothing particularly noteworthy and it's awkwardly far (too close to fly too long to want to drive). 

Kennywood

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

So to be the devil's advocate here. Assuming that we can rush ourselves to a vaccine I think it's safe to say that the politicians still don't have a clue as to handle things. 

In 1978, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) targeted measles for elimination. The initiative was soon followed by the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO). It wouldn’t be until the year 2000 that the goal was achieved of eliminating measles from the United States, and it would not be until 2015 that the entire continent was declared to have eliminated measles.

22 years. To get rid of the Measles it took 22 years. Does anyone honestly think that by the end of even 2022 we will have any kind of actual handle on this thing? One of our biggest problems is that we think that nothing bad can ever happen. It does and it will and the Government can't stop it from happening. We can put up all the signs we want, wear as many masks as we want and pre register for all the skiing we want and next year nothing will be different. Nothing will be different the year after either. 

Covid-19 sucks, but it doesn't suck bad enough to hide for 22 years. Common sense and reason are the only things that will get us through this whole thing and both are severely lacking right now. 

Stay Healthy, Exercise, Don't cede all of your rights (not like you can really do anything about that anyway) and I'll see yall behind some masks soon. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

Well, i think it was Magic Mountain that was pretty confident we would have a vaccine by February, so you can really just take the political aspect out of it.  

The survey was asking if people would take it today. People might feel more confident that it was vetted thoroughly by February.

Edited by trackbiker

25 minutes ago, trackbiker said:

The survey was asking if people would take it today. People might feel more confident that it was vetted thoroughly by February.

Do you think a vaccine will be available to the general public in February?  Dr. Fauci is saying by the end of 2021 things could be back to normal.  

1 minute ago, theprogram4 said:

When I had chicken pox the neighbors brought their kids over to play with me so they would get it.  I don’t think they do that anymore lol

No because American kids no longer get chicken pox. Was the same when I got them my mom wanted to make sure my sister got them as well. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Kids today get way more vaccines than kids 30 years ago.  Can discount the flu shot. 

5E0A5334-7168-4314-B077-146BA07DFC71.jpeg

Oh, you are counting each dose 😂

I knew you would find something from an anti-vax site. Vaccine schedules have changed to be more effective with increased frequency of booster shots for some for antigen reintroduction, but there are a few new like HbA/HbB, rotavirus, and meningococcus.