Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

The whole steelers thing aside... Pittsburgh is awesome.

I went to Pittsburgh for the stadium series game a few years ago against the Flyers, minus a few things that happened in Heinz field (to be expected) the city itself was amazing. Lots of cool places to visit and drink and it’s a very cool place layout wise. I’ve been back multiple times since for weddings and weekend visits to friends in the area, it doesn’t disappoint. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Schif said:

Everyone says that, but I'm still skeptical. Aside from a sandwich with fries on it, and an inclined railway that is supposedly cool, what is there to really do there? Just seems like a nicer Scranton. There is stuff there, but nothing particularly noteworthy and it's awkwardly far (too close to fly too long to want to drive). 

You would like PNC Park.  Of the modern stadiums I would say it’s the third nicest I’ve been to (tough to beat Petco Field in San Diego and AT&T in San Fran)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Schif said:

Everyone says that, but I'm still skeptical. Aside from a sandwich with fries on it, and an inclined railway that is supposedly cool, what is there to really do there? Just seems like a nicer Scranton. There is stuff there, but nothing particularly noteworthy and it's awkwardly far (too close to fly too long to want to drive). 

I've spent way more time in Pittsburgh than Philadelphia for work, and saying it's a nicer Scranton is kind of accurate. There really isn't a whole lot going on like in Philly. Sure, the view from the incline is really cool, but other than that you can basically walk around, check out the buildings, bridges and the PNC Park side, and go to the point where the rivers meet. The park there is scenic and has a big fountain. I guess there are also some museums around like the Andy Warhol museum. At night it pretty much becomes a ghost town. When I was going out at night, I couldn't find any happening places. Now contrast that to Philly where it seems there's something going on everywhere.

Edited by saltyant

The cities are laid out completely different. Downtown/center city  Pittsburgh is mainly just businesses and some restaurants whereas center city philly is bustling. To go out and drink and explore nightlife in Pitt you have to take a stroll to surrounding areas. The stadiums are close to downtown so it makes for a great view. I have a lot of friends who stayed “out west” after college so I visit quite often. I don’t love Pittsburgh but I’m happy to go visit once in a while. 

Edited by Zonked

26 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I've spent way more time in Pittsburgh than Philadelphia for work, and saying it's a nicer Scranton is kind of accurate. There really isn't a whole lot going on like in Philly. Sure, the view from the incline is really cool, but other than that you can basically walk around, check out the buildings, bridges and the PNC Park side, and go to the point where the rivers meet. The park there is scenic and has a big fountain. I guess there are also some museums around like the Andy Warhol museum. At night it pretty much becomes a ghost town. When I was going out at night, I couldn't find any happening places. Now contrast that to Philly where it seems there's something going on everywhere.

South Side. 

• Like 1

I would say Pittsburgh is one of my favorite cities.  i think their skyline is one of the prettiest views, especially as you come out of the tunnel from the airport.  Yes, maybe there is not a ton of nightlife right downtown.  However, there are some nice spots downtown as they've added several nice new breweries.  Most of the the nightlife would be either on the North Shore(by the stadiums) or the South Side.  On the NorthShore you get a little more of the modern larger spots, but on the South Side you get an entire Street filled with 'local' Bar after Bar.  Personally my favorite is to hit up the Hofbrahaus a little further outside of town on the South Side.

(The other nice little tidbit is the the T (rail service) is free for the downtown stops, basically between the Arena and the Stadiums)

• Like 1

Walled and heated tents in parking lots are just sad looking. I can't imagine that is any better than eating indoors. There isn't much food in the world that is tasty enough for me to want to sit on asphalt on a folding chair in a tent. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Schif said:

Walled and heated tents in parking lots are just sad looking. I can't imagine that is any better than eating indoors. There isn't much food in the world that is tasty enough for me to want to sit on asphalt on a folding chair in a tent. 

what about sitting in a camping chair on gravel next to a pee puddle? and yeah, for all inTents and purposes, that's like thiiiiis close to indoor dining in that photo.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Schif said:

It’s no different to me..at least get rid of the walls. 

• Like 1

Europe is having a really bad second wave with more restrictions in place and a total lockdown for three weeks in Israel which had a record new number of cases today..they don’t like Covid regulations in Croatia which is becoming a global hotspot.  The US is averaging about 40,000 new cases and 1,000+ deaths daily. 

3413EA50-9700-44A2-910D-38E29F682E6F.png

D290D54B-B8FC-4C82-A5ED-A01BE1739052.jpeg

39 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

To be honest I downloaded it but then where it wanted me to enable Bluetooth for purposes of contact tracing I couldn't do it. uninstalled it.

Bluetooth..wow isn’t that like the people who walk around with those little ear attachments connected to their phones. It’s more of a black thing or is that when you can talk on the phone in your car though your stereo?  Both are lame 

• Confused 3