Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

Great news, our fearless and courageous leader returns to the White House tonight!  While hate filled bigots wished upon his downfall, he beat the virus like Rocky and is coming back stronger than ever!  Time to put Amy Coney Barrett on the Supreme Court!  All abroad the mother fucking Trump train!

I've been fucked over, left for dead, dissed and forgotten
Luck ran out, they hoped that I'd be gone, stiff and rotten
Y'all just piss on me, shit on me, spit on my grave (uh)
Talk about me, laugh behind my back but in my face
Y'all some "well wishers, " friendly acting, envy hiding snakes
With your hands out for my money, man, how much can I take?
When these streets keep calling, heard it when I was sleep
That this Gay-Z and Cockafella Records wanted beef
Started cocking up my weapon, slowly loading up this ammo
To explode it on a camel, and his soldiers, I can handle
This for dolo and it's manuscript, just sound stupid
When KRS already made an album called Blueprint
First, Biggie's ya man, then you got the nerve to say that you better than Big
Dick sucking lips, whyn't you let the late, great veteran live

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Great news,

While it is good news that he has "recovered" and will leave the hospital, it is incredibly irresponsible for him (even for him) to tweet out that people shouldn't be afraid of it and that it shouldn't dominate your life. We are in the middle of a global fucking pandemic. There are still 40k cases a day. Hundreds of people are dying each day. 210,000+ have already died. We can't travel outside of the country, we can barely eat safely in restaurants, schools aren't safely opening, 1/4 of the country thinks that wearing a mask is StOmPiNg On My RiGhTs, there is still no national strategy to combat the disease or even test, we are months away from even seeing a vaccine (that 1/2 the country doesn't even want), there is a COVID cesspool in the Whitehouse, we are all bitching here about ski area restrictions, and it has been over 7 months since they have known about this. 

Glad he is fine for now, but FUCK man actually be a leader about this or it is never going away.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

While it is good news that he has "recovered" and will leave the hospital, it is incredibly irresponsible for him (even for him) to tweet out that people shouldn't be afraid of it and that it shouldn't dominate your life. We are in the middle of a global fucking pandemic. There are still 40k cases a day. Hundreds of people are dying each day. 210,000+ have already died. We can't travel outside of the country, we can barely eat safely in restaurants, schools aren't safely opening, 1/4 of the country thinks that wearing a mask is StOmPiNg On My RiGhTs, there is still no national strategy to combat the disease or even test, we are months away from even seeing a vaccine (that 1/2 the country doesn't even want), there is a COVID cesspool in the Whitehouse, we are all bitching here about ski area restrictions, and it has been over 7 months since they have known about this. 

Glad he is fine for now, but FUCK man actually be a leader about this or it is never going away.

It’s not going away anywhere else in the world.  Maybe New Zealand lol. 

8 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Or, and hear me out here, regardless of who is in the White House it will not go away for years and years anyway. It's not like there is any country in the world, besides the small ones who completely shut down borders and did not have a ton of travel in and out anyway are doing much better. 

Is it still spreading? Of course it is and it will never stop spreading unless we shut down, which is wildly unpopular and also irresponsible. 

Is it killing people? Yes of course it is and it will continue to do so but there is no doubt that the deaths have slowed and will never get to zero. OK so the US has a large number dead in proportion to other countries. We also have a much greater proportion of unhealthy people compared to the rest of the world

Everyone wants this black and white "Leadership" from someone on this.  What are you looking for? A president that somehow has more power than anyone before him? The complex cogs and gears of society to somehow perfectly line up so we can ram a solution through it? No one to need money for a few years so we can push pause on capitalism? 

I'm getting really tired of people yelling at the clouds for raining. We need to figure out how to put our raincoats on and keep on living because this weather isn't going to change for a long time. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Schif said:

Everyone wants this black and white "Leadership" from someone on this.  What are you looking for? A president that somehow has more power than anyone before him? The complex cogs and gears of society to somehow perfectly line up so we can ram a solution through it? No one to need money for a few years so we can push pause on capitalism? 

It would be super cool if they would just listen to scientists, wear masks, and not spread conspiracy theories. Ya know, simple things. Agreed, not one person is going to solve it, but leadership can definitely have an impact. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Schif said:

We need to figure out how to put our raincoats on and keep on living because this weather isn't going to change for a long time. 

That's a really interesting analogy, which I think is pretty appropriate. However, using that same line of thinking, it'd be like the president just not wearing a raincoat because he doesn't think the rain will actually fall on him and he'll never get wet. Then he gets wet, and his cotton candy looking hair starts to disintegrate.

• Haha 1

Outdoor restrictions loosened a bit in regards to limiting gathering size. Good outlook for ski season 2 months in advance. 

unsure of what blues “capacity” is but I would assume they would fall under one of these two categories 

• If a venue has a maximum occupancy of over 10,000 people, the allowable outdoor rate is 15% of maximum occupancy up to 7,500 people.
Capacity is determined by a venue's established occupancy limit as defined by the National Fire Protection Association's life safety code.

• If a venue has a maximum occupancy of 2,001 - 10,000 people, the allowable outdoor rate is 20% of maximum occupancy.

59 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Outdoor restrictions loosened a bit in regards to limiting gathering size. Good outlook for ski season 2 months in advance. 

unsure of what blues “capacity” is but I would assume they would fall under one of these two categories 

• If a venue has a maximum occupancy of over 10,000 people, the allowable outdoor rate is 15% of maximum occupancy up to 7,500 people.
Capacity is determined by a venue's established occupancy limit as defined by the National Fire Protection Association's life safety code.

• If a venue has a maximum occupancy of 2,001 - 10,000 people, the allowable outdoor rate is 20% of maximum occupancy.

20% of max occupancy isn’t gonna fly with Blue.  I wonder what the limits were for amusement parks.  Hershey and Dorney had over 250 people before.  

8 minutes ago, Schif said:

Would a ski resort even have a max occupancy defined in outdoor areas? I would imagine that would only apply for the lodges and other buildings. 

I’m wondering if they would base that number off of uphill capacity, maybe? 

I find it hard to believe they’d be held to indoor capacity, as there are a good amount of people who don’t step foot inside the lodge, but I could be dead wrong. 

Just now, Kyle said:

I’m wondering if they would base that number off of uphill capacity, maybe? 

I find it hard to believe they’d be held to indoor capacity, as there are a good amount of people who don’t step foot inside the lodge, but I could be dead wrong. 

I'm thinking they won't have restrictions on people outside, but they will count the number of people in and out of lodges somehow and cap it at a certain number. I'm guessing entrances and exits will be blocked off and not exactly how we are used to them. 

I'm thinking it's all gonna be the same BS as at Big Snow. They'd have posters with the maximum head count in and out, may scan your temperature and ask you to wear a mask when you come in, but once you hit the lifts, it will be the usual chaos. Nobody will ask you to pull the mask up or even check whether the mask has holes in it or covers your nose, nobody will force you to sit with only your company or on the opposite sides of the chairs, and of course nobody will space folks in line.

Yesterday they had some jewish invasion there. A major holiday, IDK. The mall and the slope was overrun with people in black and white, adults and kids running around with the masks below chins, under their nose, whatever, many wanting to experience snow while they were there. It was true chaos.

9 minutes ago, eaf said:

I

Yesterday they had some jewish invasion there. A major holiday, IDK. The mall and the slope was overrun with people in black and white, adults and kids running around with the masks below chins, under their nose, whatever, many wanting to experience snow while they were there. It was true chaos.

This is the reason Brooklyn is having a huge resurgence of the virus.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Schif said:

Would a ski resort even have a max occupancy defined in outdoor areas? I would imagine that would only apply for the lodges and other buildings. 

I don’t think so.  Indoor buildings just about always have an occupancy for fire hazard reasons.  Most bars and some restaurants display their occupancy somewhere on the wall near the entrance.  Based on lift capacity and tubing..lodges and learning area I bet Blue has a capacity of about 10,000.  Perhaps more if they had more parking.  Those crazy days where they do more people than that there’s never all those people at one time..lots of overlapping sessions although like 10-2 the majority are there.  

1 hour ago, eaf said:

I'm thinking it's all gonna be the same BS as at Big Snow. They'd have posters with the maximum head count in and out, may scan your temperature and ask you to wear a mask when you come in, but once you hit the lifts, it will be the usual chaos. Nobody will ask you to pull the mask up or even check whether the mask has holes in it or covers your nose, nobody will force you to sit with only your company or on the opposite sides of the chairs, and of course nobody will space folks in line.

Damn Jews...and right outside of New York City..the nerve.  When my uncle was on ski patrol at Jackson frost on Xmas they’d say Jewski lol.  I’ve never even skied in Xmas as Blue closes that day.   My temperature hasn’t been scanned this entire pandemic.  The length of skis is a pretty good way to be socially distant.  Side to side not so much.  

1 hour ago, theprogram4 said:

This is the reason Brooklyn is having a huge resurgence of the virus.  

Lakewood NJ which is as jewy as parts of Brooklyn got hit hard.  They all wanted to have weddings and shit anyway like some of my Facebook friends.  Yeah it’s fucking insane people who have had weddings during this..the one wedding out by Pittsburgh everybody had their arms around each other and lots of fat old people.  On Saturday I’m venture to Dillsburg to meet my parents and their new dog for lunch.  I was gonna visit them Labor Day weekend but they weren’t comfortable with it since I go to the bars once a week.  

Not only do they want to have weddings and shit, they have it. While some folks are afraid to show their nose out the door, others are conquering the new horizons. I'm sure there will be jewish charters to JH this winter while the regular clientele is confining themselves to the night skiing at BB and a safe drive home.

3 minutes ago, eaf said:

Not only do they want to have weddings and shit, they have it. While some folks are afraid to show their nose out the door, others are conquering the new horizons. I'm sure there will be jewish charters to JH this winter while the regular clientele is confining themselves to the night skiing at BB and a safe drive home.

I honestly don’t think most of these religious Jews have the skill set to ski Jackson hole.  I haven’t seen any religious Jews on western ski trips except on the Newark to Denver Southwest Airlines flight.  Anyway they’re the chosen people, they do what they want.  Trust me somebody like me who’s family founded the oldest synagogue in Allentown and eats a lot of bacon has no street cred with them.   

Yesterday was the middle of the third of four fall Jewish holidays, the Sukkot..I only know part of one Sukkot song,”to the Sukkot I will being pears and apples on a string hang them tight and hang them high through the branches sing the sky”..honestly I prefer Martin Luther king day better.