Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

37 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

12 games. No team gets a bye week. No team gets a playoff bye either...Just 12 games with no pre season and a condensed playoff format. All in a bubble too.

Look how well the bubble worked out for the nhl and nba.... virtually no positive tests (nhl didn’t, not sure about nba). 

the logistics of an nfl bubble would be a nightmare though, 52 man roster, practice squad guys, etc etc etc. 

16 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Damn. That's Sunday reporting too?

Yeah...I don’t know if you read the morning call and wfmz FB comments people are over this.   Well the coronavirus isn’t over people.  I don’t know if you’ve seen but huge spikes and surges of new cases all over Europe.  Also Miami Dade County in Florida has had more cases than PA and has under 1/4 the population. Schools are reopening there.  

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I thought that was really good.  

I'm glad I'll be able to poop inside if I have to.  I was dreading the thought of a port a potty scenario, even if it does only happen a couple times a season.  

• Haha 1

That video seemed reasonable, nothing I could find to complain about.  However, I do see long lines being an issue if people start bitching about riding the lift with strangers and blue has no choice but to implement that stupid policy of only riding the lift with people you know 

Edited by theprogram4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, theprogram4 said:

That video seemed reasonable, nothing I could find to complain about.  However, I do see long lines being an issue if people start bitching about riding the lift with strangers and blue has no choice but to implement that stupid policy of only riding the lift with people you know 

Yeah, I guess nothing Blue can do if they're required to implement that lift policy. It was the same way when I went to the Olympic ramp thing in Lake Placid - couldn't ride with strangers. I don't see myself skiing at all once it gets crowded around 10 am on weekends. I guess the VIP line will be rendered useless, and no way in hell I'm standing there for 20 minutes each run. Hopefully the limited ticket sales will help keep crowds more reasonable.

Edited by saltyant

6 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Yeah, I guess nothing Blue can do if they're required to implement that lift policy. It was the same way when I went to the Olympic ramp thing in Lake Placid - couldn't ride with strangers. I don't see myself skiing at all once it gets crowded around 10 am on weekends. I guess the VIP line will be rendered useless, and no way in hell I'm standing there for 20 minutes each run. Hopefully the limited ticket sales will help keep crowds more reasonable.

I wish they were allowed to have one high speed operate normally, and one high speed operate socially distant 

1 hour ago, theprogram4 said:

Some people who ski singles a lot could be a problem. 

• Like 1

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I see maybe more moderate crowds on more days like people will go online and see wow Tuesday is cheaper and available tickets and be at blue and weekday peeps will be like why is it so busy Tuesdays.  New normal.  

In my opinion, weekday mornings as we used to know them have been dead and gone since the beginning of last season.  Thursday mornings were popping last season smh

4 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

In my opinion, weekday mornings as we used to know them have been dead and gone since the beginning of last season.  Thursday mornings were popping last season smh

My dad said that golf courses he plays at are super busy some up 30%.  People are doing things they can since their karaoke and country line dancing are cancelled or under a tent next to a bonfire 

If Blue normally does 3500 people on busy weekdays including night and lets say 10,000 on the busy weekends and this is just skiing and snowboarding not tubing.  Tubing is not my forte but I can bring in an expert on tubing if needed. Well now the accountants are gonna say make it 7500 on weekends and 5,000 weekdays but make some extra squeaky wheel passes..I think there’s a lot of pent up demand and even RideDE said something about leaves changing color north of Root 22

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

My dad said that golf courses he plays at are super busy some up 30%.  People are doing things they can since their karaoke and country line dancing are cancelled or under a tent next to a bonfire 

I can feel a small tear coming down my cheek as I think about how Thursday mornings used to be. There used to be 10 people on the slopes til like 11, but starting last year there are 30+ people in line for opening.  had me in line each morning feeling like Drake...Nothing was the same 

17 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

I can feel a small tear coming down my cheek as I think about how Thursday mornings used to be. There used to be 10 people on the slopes til like 11, but starting last year there are 30+ people in line for opening.  had me in line each morning feeling like Drake...Nothing was the same 

Back in the day the best days were when it was like a 50% chance of rain and you got a nice window in and sometimes they close on those days.  You’ll never get a streak like I had in 2007 though impossible to ski over 60 days in a row at Blue now.  At some western resorts it is easily attainable they really only close for extreme wind, extreme snow  and early in pandemics extreme complaining on the Ikon group. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich