Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

14 hours ago, Shadows said:

There are going to be so many angry people that show up and don't know what to do. Hope they trained some customer services peeps.

Dont you think really only the dumbest Palmerton people would show up without doing just a small amount of research about tickets sales before showing up?  I mean, unless you have been living under a rock for the past 7 months, you should have an idea that things will be different.  

I wont deny that there will be some that just show up, but i dont think it will be a huge number.  

Oh.....and they are not going to "rent clothing".  that just sounds weird anyways.  

3 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

This is what concerns me.  People holding up the line concerned with playing musical chairs instead of actually getting on the slopes 

It's definitely going to suck. Looks like there's no way around it. I like to ski by myself almost exclusively, so does that mean I'll be riding alone all winter? If a lot of people ride alone or with 2 or 3 people, the lines are going to be out the wazoo.

Cant they put plastic dividers on the lifts or something?

Edited by saltyant

3 minutes ago, saltyant said:

It's definitely going to suck. Looks like there's no way around it. I like to ski by myself almost exclusively, so does that mean I'll be riding alone all winter? If a lot of people ride alone or with 2 or 3 people, the lines are going to be out the wazoo.

Cant they put plastic dividers on the lifts or something?

I’m curious if there will be any PASR lot issues with some posters all about social distancing and other posters not caring at all.  

8 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

I’m curious if there will be any PASR lot issues with some posters all about social distancing and other posters not caring at all.  

My guess is people will be reasonable and keep 6 ft apart, and if some are too concerned then they won't want to hang out in the lot anyway. 

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

As with most things, the more pressing issue in the moment will win out. Once lines get really long I'm sure people that had been very concerned with not riding with strangers will eventually give up and hop on with whoever because they are just sick of standing in line. Plus the kinds of people that would stick to their guns that hard all day long anyway probably aren't going out and about to ski anyway. 

• Like 1

Dont you think really only the dumbest Palmerton people would show up without doing just a small amount of research about tickets sales before showing up?  I mean, unless you have been living under a rock for the past 7 months, you should have an idea that things will be different.  
I wont deny that there will be some that just show up, but i dont think it will be a huge number.  
Oh.....and they are not going to "rent clothing".  that just sounds weird anyways.  

I see many out of staters doing this. When I worked for a ski area I actually had people walk in, in the summertime, asking if they could ski. Others walked in (in the winter) actually asking "what do you do here". Also in the summer...we would have a ton of people walk in asking if they could "go up". Assuming that meant ride the lift.

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Just have to be patient.  Most of us will likely be most comfortable riding the six with only 3-4 people. 

Would you feel comfortable riding the six with 6 or 7 people on it? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

I doubt it, everyone that’s concerned enough about it on this board seems smart enough to make their own assessment and determination on if they want to participate in the lot adventures or not. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I doubt it, everyone that’s concerned enough about it on this board seems smart enough to make their own assessment and determination on if they want to participate in the lot adventures or not. 

I’m not really concerned about the lot, I’m concerned about the lift.  Any Philosophy majors here?  A good debate...why should people who are living their lives normally be inconvenienced by those who choose to be cautious?  What makes those who are cautious get priority?  Shouldn’t it be the other way around where those living life normally can proceed onto the lift normally, and those being cautious can wait until there is a clearing to get on the lift?

3 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

I’m not really concerned about the lot, I’m concerned about the lift.  Any Philosophy majors here?  A good debate...why should people who are living their lives normally be inconvenienced by those who choose to be cautious?  What makes those who are cautious get priority?  Shouldn’t it be the other way around where those living life normally can proceed onto the lift normally, and those being cautious can wait until there is a clearing to get on the lift?

What makes it a weird argument also, is that its a leisure activity.  One might be more likely to side with the cautious people at the grocery store or somewhere that you can't avoid going to sustain your well-being, but balk at the idea of cautious people asking for accomodation when they are doing a leisure activity by choice.  On the other side of the coin though, is that everyone is out there doing a leisure activity and we can all just slow down a bit and be grateful that we get to do it this year.  

• Like 5