Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

I'm going to ride the lift solo for every ride. 

I'm wondering if PASR should collectively come to a lift riding agreement in order to avoid butt hurtedness this season. Maybe 6 packs become 3 packs and the double is a single? While I 100% know PASRs do all the right things when it comes to social distancing and whatnot...I certainly wouldn't be offended if someone wanted to ride a separate lift. And I certainly wouldn't want anyone feeling some kinda way if I did the same.
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I'm wondering if PASR should collectively come to a lift riding agreement in order to avoid butt hurtedness this season. Maybe 6 packs become 3 packs and the double is a single? While I 100% know PASRs do all the right things when it comes to social distancing and whatnot...I certainly wouldn't be offended if someone wanted to ride a separate lift. And I certainly wouldn't want anyone feeling some kinda way if I did the same.

Hopefully people can just be respectful of what other people are comfortable with. I think some basic decency would go a long way. Not just PASRs, but people at the mountain in general. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Ppl can do whatever they want. Personally I don't give a shit but I'm gonna be masked up and all that. I want others to know that I'm at least trying to be safe. 

Unless it's Doug, I'll opt for the next chair. 

Edited by Benm
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Zonked said:

Our country (and world) need more kindness and decency but some people are just ignorant down to their core.

I agree 100%.  The way that accomplished woman was treated yesterday was a mother fucking disgrace.  Racist and sexist attacks against a woman in front of her children was disturbing

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

I agree 100%.  The way that accomplished woman was treated yesterday was a mother fucking disgrace.  Racist and sexist attacks against a woman in front of her children was disturbing

I don't like to talk about politics. I'm really just talking about humans in general. 

Edited by Zonked
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Zonked said:

I don't like to talk about politics. I'm really just talking about humans in general. 

I respect and appreciate that.  

This isn’t directed towards you, but other people talked shit out of nowhere and then hid their heads when it came time for mature debate, so thank you for taking the higher road 

44 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I think I'd be comfortable with one other person not from my household on a 6 person or 4 person lift if I was skiing solo - as I would want at least 2 spaces between me and another person. 

2 per quad seems reasonable, 2 per 6 pack might be a bit of a stretch, but if were being real, 6 feet social distancing is going to be next to impossible on any lift. 

8 hours ago, Kyle said:

2 per quad seems reasonable, 2 per 6 pack might be a bit of a stretch, but if were being real, 6 feet social distancing is going to be next to impossible on any lift. 

I think between wearing masks and being outside where it’s windy, 6 feet might be ideal but not absolutely necessary.  In a bunch of the literature that our school district sent out, they refer to a 3 to 6 foot distance being acceptable, and that is indoors.  I feel like a couple feet, wearing a mask and being outside is okay and if it’s not then we’re all fucked and might as well get sick and die right now and get it over with already.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Benm said:

should have just installed a big ass T bar or rope tow all the way to the top.

no need to worry about other people and double the skiing

That might be worth the price of admission just to sit and watch people try to use it 

• Like 2

When we say we're gonna be masked, are we saying a real mask, like the cloth or medical masks we're all wearing now, or are we saying a ski mask?

I don't think ski masks are as effective.  Most have breath holes in them.

How will people respond when people they are riding with whip their masks off after the chair leaves the terminal?  Because you know that's gonna happen.

• Like 1