Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

47 minutes ago, tnt said:

How will people respond when people they are riding with whip their masks off after the chair leaves the terminal?  Because you know that's gonna happen.

I’m sure some people will have issues with that, it goes back to the argument it’s a leisure activity and everyone needs to do their best to think of the people around them. One thing is for sure, there will be a TON of verbal arguments over it this year and people causing a scene. 

edit: new page... suck it Doug 

Edited by Kyle
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, tnt said:

When we say we're gonna be masked, are we saying a real mask, like the cloth or medical masks we're all wearing now, or are we saying a ski mask?

I don't think ski masks are as effective.  Most have breath holes in them.

How will people respond when people they are riding with whip their masks off after the chair leaves the terminal?  Because you know that's gonna happen.

I guess wear a neck gaiter so you can pull it up and down. That would probably work for me because I'm certainly not wearing a mask when I'm not near anyone.

Edited by saltyant

I would imagine the risk would be fairly minimal when on a lift where you're moving through a column of air, especially on a high speed, which will likely push any breath that might escape your mask away and behind you fairly quickly. I would love to see an experimental model run to show how this would look, kind of similar to that graphic that was posted a while back about where your breath goes when you're running and how it affects other runners. 

11 minutes ago, Schif said:

I would imagine the risk would be fairly minimal when on a lift where you're moving through a column of air, especially on a high speed, which will likely push any breath that might escape your mask away and behind you fairly quickly. I would love to see an experimental model run to show how this would look, kind of similar to that graphic that was posted a while back about where your breath goes when you're running and how it affects other runners. 

This is scientifically proven because @Johnny Lawsmokes a cig on every lift ride and I never inhale any smoke.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, eaf said:

Freaking wear a mask or stay home, if you're not comfortable with sharing a chair, but don't hold up the line.

Dont think it's gonna work that way... gonna be less skiing and more standing in lines this season, no doubt. The Main Street and Burma lifts might be more desirable, but of course everyone will have the same idea as me ...

• Like 2

One thing we shouldn't forget is that Blue has the ability to adjust the amount of tickets they sell, so maybe if it's a really horrible shit show the first few weeks they will realize that they need to limit the number of tickets sold to a lower number than they initially established.  Perhaps wishful thinking?

3 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

One thing we shouldn't forget is that Blue has the ability to adjust the amount of tickets they sell, so maybe if it's a really horrible shit show the first few weeks they will realize that they need to limit the number of tickets sold to a lower number than they initially established.  Perhaps wishful thinking?

It might be hard for a business to justify voluntarily decreasing revenue while incurring the same expenses.

If it sucks I'll consider skipping some weekends and using my vacation time to ski mid week like Monday or Tuesday mornings.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Dont think it's gonna work that way... gonna be less skiing and more standing in lines this season, no doubt. The Main Street and Burma lifts might be more desirable, but of course everyone will have the same idea as me ...

I'll be marching down the singles lane and filling up empty spaces, esp. if it's like two people instead of six. It isn't a limousine service.

3 hours ago, NMSKI said:

This is scientifically proven because @Johnny Lawsmokes a cig on every lift ride and I never inhale any smoke.  

Truth. My dad used to smoke a cig on the quad if we were spaced far enough apart.

He also applied the same theory to smoking while skiing. Worked well until he wiped out pizza wedging down raceway and his cig nearly caught his jacket on fire during the yard sale.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, skifreak said:

Truth. My dad used to smoke a cig on the quad if we were spaced far enough apart.

He also applied the same theory to smoking while skiing. Worked well until he wiped out pizza wedging down raceway and his cig nearly caught his jacket on fire during the yard sale.

Wow just wow.  Still not as good of a story as when you used to steal bras. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, eaf said:

I'll be marching down the singles lane and filling up empty spaces, esp. if it's like two people instead of six. It isn't a limousine service.

If you ride with people not in your cohort, they might start yelling and the lift attendant will make you disembark. 💁‍♂️