Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

3 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

OCB in Whitehall closed? Damn.

Yup permanently.  Everything is closing..Bravo, Ruby Tuesday’s in south Whitehall, random little mom and pop restaurants.  At least five empty storefronts at airport road shopping plaza.  The promenade is 1/3 vacant.  I’d actually be surprised if my local bar survives this.  I haven’t been back since they barely have an outside area and cramped inside.  They had their first trivia night last week and they had six customers.  Sad. 

25 minutes ago, Kyle said:

We can’t get people to wear a mask for 3 minutes to go into Wawa to get their cowboy killers, no way a total lockdown is going to fly with even half of this country. 

Lehigh valley with love covered the rally in Bethlehem with restaurant owners and the comments were so divided. Everything from bashing governor Wolf, praising governor Wolf, supporting restaurant owners, bashing them for choosing money over health.  I have a tiny three person business and if we were down 50+% like many restaurants, even with payroll protection money, I would be in a world of stress and likely have to forego my salary to pay for employees.  At this point I’m more going with let people make their own choices since they have been already...many are saying the collateral affects of the virus could be worse than the deaths..I don’t know but people do commit suicide over financial and personal stress.   

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Lehigh valley with love covered the rally in Bethlehem with restaurant owners and the comments were so divided. Everything from bashing governor Wolf, praising governor Wolf, supporting restaurant owners, bashing them for choosing money over health.  I have a tiny three person business and if we were down 50+% like many restaurants, even with payroll protection money, I would be in a world of stress and likely have to forego my salary to pay for employees.  At this point I’m more going with let people make their own choices since they have been already...many are saying the collateral affects of the virus could be worse than the deaths..I don’t know but people do commit suicide over financial and personal stress.   

I can’t speak for everywhere, but I know in Chester county suicides, drug overdose, and domestic calls are up substantially from last year. 

yo we gotta stop covid no matter what it takes bro. we flattened the curve but now that we did that, lets just try to eradicate it even tho it'll never happen but we have to try because it's so dangerous. doesn't matter how many lives are indirectly destroyed because of evil coronavirus. lets just do our part you know.

Edited by Benm

10 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Maybe you could find some good news prior to us heading into ski season?

This morning President Trump said we're rounding the corner and vaccines and therapeutics like REGENERON are coming out soon, so we got that going for us which is nice.

Edited by saltyant
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

The Covid response reminds me of the Iraq War.  Initially it was to find WMDs, but when none were found it became bring democracy to Iraq.  Initially we were quarantining first 2 weeks to flatten the curve, then suddenly it became quarantine indefinitely til there is a vaccine

Everyone I've discussed the rushed vaccine with is not taking it. And I've talked to people on both ends of the political spectrum.

22 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Maybe you could find some good news prior to us heading into ski season?

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/10/20/world/covid-19-coronavirus-updates/a-virus-update-in-three-charts

These graphs and the accompanying discussion seems like very good news to me.  

If the link comes through funny, the basic gist is that hospitalizations in relation to cases are way down, deaths as a proportion to cases are way down and testing is way up.  

Edited by NMSKI

55 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I can’t speak for everywhere, but I know in Chester county suicides, drug overdose, and domestic calls are up substantially from last year. 

The quarantine messed a lot of people up mentally.  Look at me, I’ve been acting like a bitch on here more than usual this year.  If someone punched me in the face in the lot this year, I’d understand 

The quarantine messed a lot of people up mentally.  Look at me, I’ve been acting like a bitch on here more than usual this year.  If someone punched me in the face in the lot this year, I’d understand 

IDK ..I think you're a lot tamer than you used to be. I'm consistently laughing at something you posted.
  • Like 1

Let's not forget that for the most part things are indeed open. Maybe not fully or how they were in January but they are open. The economy took a hit but didn't completely tank. Most jobs that are lost or are on the fence are in the very specific leisure sector. All in all things are pretty OK. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/10/20/world/covid-19-coronavirus-updates/a-virus-update-in-three-charts

These graphs and the accompanying discussion seems like very good news to me.  

If the link comes through funny, the basic gist is that hospitalizations in relation to cases are way down, deaths as a proportion to cases are way down and testing is way up.  

But i read something this morning that hospitalizations were up as well as respirators.  

Its kind of sad, but you just dont know what or who to believe.  I sure would like to think the Bleach cocktail will be readily available soon, and we turn the corner on this thing real soon, but i just dont know.  I get it, eradication is unlikely, but we have lived with the flu for this long.  

17 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

But i read something this morning that hospitalizations were up as well as respirators.  

Its kind of sad, but you just dont know what or who to believe.  I sure would like to think the Bleach cocktail will be readily available soon, and we turn the corner on this thing real soon, but i just dont know.  I get it, eradication is unlikely, but we have lived with the flu for this long.  

Make no mistake, hospitalizations are definitely up - just not at the same proportion as new cases were for the April/May or July spikes.  

I'm starting to accept that life is going to be like this until 2022 at least.  My life is okay and I'm not personally worried about getting sick, but I do feel really horrible for the people that are suffering due to isolation, anxiety, financial loss, illness, etc.  

5 minutes ago, NMSKI said:

Make no mistake, hospitalizations are definitely up - just not at the same proportion as new cases were for the April/May or July spikes.  

I'm starting to accept that life is going to be like this until 2022 at least.  My life is okay and I'm not personally worried about getting sick, but I do feel really horrible for the people that are suffering due to isolation, anxiety, financial loss, illness, etc.  

Definitely up. I've seen more COVID patients in the past 2 weeks than in the last 2 months. 

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, Shadows said:

Why didn't jo get a debate? She's on the ballot. 

Because there is no independent election board to oversee elections in the U.S..   U.S. elections are controlled by the two main parties and don't want to allow other parties to take part.   They routinely act to remove them.   The Democratic party sued in PA this year to remove the Green party and won.

Edited by indiggio
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Because there is no independent election board to oversee elections in the U.S..   U.S. elections are controlled by the two main parties and don't want to allow other parties to take part.   They routinely act to remove them.   The Democratic party sued in PA this year to remove the Green party and won.

Maybe they should follow the rules next time so they can get on the ticket.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/green-party-pennsylvania-ballot-election/2020/09/17/666db0c4-f8f9-11ea-a275-1a2c2d36e1f1_story.html

Edited by toast21602

2 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

The Covid response reminds me of the Iraq War.  Initially it was to find WMDs, but when none were found it became bring democracy to Iraq.  Initially we were quarantining first 2 weeks to flatten the curve, then suddenly it became quarantine indefinitely til there is a vaccine

There hasn’t been a quarentine in months.  You can do almost everything you want to do.  Even karaoke is starting to comeback.  During the quarentine I was out everyday getting fast food or groceries or stopping into work..no real lockdown.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

1 hour ago, theprogram4 said:

We’ve all been extra irritable starting with our ski seasons being cut short. The fuckery on CNN, Fox News...Joe Rogan podcasts...funny shit on YouTube and jack Daniels have helped.